democracy cannot ignore technology
Post on 19-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Democracy cannotignore technology
- Mathias Klang
2. It cannot be helped, it is as it should be, that the law is behind the times.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
3. Some rights300 years old 4. Modern copyright? Based on statute of anne from 1710 5. Killer app 1710 6. Latest total rework in Sweden? 1960 7. Killer app 1960 8. We have moved on 9. How wework. 10. How wecommunicate. 11. How weplay. 12. How welearn. 13. How weshare. 14. How wediscover. 15. How wecreate. 16. How wecelebrate. 17. How wemourn. 18. How weinfluence. 19. How wecollaborate. 20. It gets worse 21. Lawmakers secretly dislike technology 22. Douglas Adams
- Anything that is in the world when youre born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works. Anything thats invented between when youre fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. Anything invented after youre thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
23. if law ignores technology, technology will rule us. 24. Bypassing democracy 25. THANKS! 26. Information
- All images fromwww.flickr.com(unless specifically stated)
- Image & licensing info in the notes section of slides
- Presentation licensed:Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
- The presentation can be downloaded from:www.slideshare.net/klang
- More information about me:www.techrisk.se&www.digital-rights.net
- Mathias Klang.[email_address]or @klang67