out of 16
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONReimagine Mumbai's Public Spaces : Plaza in Powai Reimagine public space. Reimagine commute. Reimagine Mumbai. A quick set of thoughts for a cyclist friendly park in Borivali!
- the problem ! A city of movers. Everyone has somewhere to be. While pedestrians + vehicular trafc has been accounted for to some extent, cyclists have been left out with no dedicated space within the urban infrastructure.
- the idea! To create a model which can demonstrate bicycles as a communal means of transport. To promote riding and parking bicycles. To make people have fun.
- experience! Enter a space where you can interact with everything. Where your carbon footprint is zilch. Where everyone and everything is yours to discover.
- who! Men, women, children Cycling enthusiasts Introverts/extroverts what! Get t Meet people Unwind A safe spot to park your bicycle Discover the city TARGET AUDIENCE & VALUE PROPOSITION"
- proposed layout!
- COMMUNAL BICYCLE PARKING AREA! PUBLIC GARDEN! LOCAL CYCLIST FRIENDLY INFORMATION ZONE! JUNGLE GYM !
- space elements!
- communal seating! The seating within this space uses low cost PVC pipes will be coloured in vibrant shades. Benet: Low cost, Portable, Weather resistant.
- park & sit! A simple parking unit with a adjoined seating option for those who want to guard their bikes.
- environment! Green space within the site.
- Storytelling slide panels! Takeaway maps with bike friendly routes within the city Contacts of local bicycle groups + details of upcoming rides
- Installation + shaded area! Art installations using low cost, readily available materials.
- Urban play space! Play + stretch zone made of low cost pipes to get that much needed stretch after a long ride.
- the people " Ashlesha K Parikshit N Sonika K " " " Shradha R Rajvardhan Ulka *sketches used in this presenta0on were created by the team members. *all photographic content was picked up o the internet and do not belong to us. Have been used for illustra0ve purposes.
View more >