CV - Ashraf Abbas
Post on 07-Feb-2017
Page 1 of 4
Ashraf Salih Abbas
Cell: +971 50 5298558 Email: Ash_122@hotmail.com
Job ObjectiveMy objective is to pursue a career as a Mechanical Engineer, in the areas of:
1) Power Plants/Gas Turbines
2) Civil and Infrastructure3) Oil & Gas Sector Education 2006 2009Secondary school scientific section- Aljoda high school
2009 (June) 2014American University of Sharjah (AUS), Faculty of Engineering
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Relevant Projects Modeling a water distribution piping system using EPANET software by applying basic and advanced fluid mechanics principles. Design ducts, air conditioning systems, and thermal energy storage systems using heating, ventilating, and air conditioning principles.
Modeling the cooling mechanisms of heat transfer on a human body by conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer principles.
Performing Computer Numeric Control (CNC) Machine on a wooden specimen of contour letters applying manufacturing principles.
Designing a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) of a Toyota Prius using Autodesk Inventor applying the transmission and gear principles.
Modeling the BurjKhalifa Tower as a cantilevered beam using Inventor and ANSYS software for stress analysis.
Extra Projects (Senior Design)
Modeling an index finger robotic exoskeleton workspace for rehabilitation and physiotherapy purposes.Work Experience June 2015- Present: Junior mechanical engineer at AECOM ME Ltd Working on a range of mechanical/piping design works related towater, wastewater, drainage/ storm waterand irrigationpumpingstations across the region.Duties and Responsibilities include: 1) Preparing Calculations, Technical Specifications, Data Sheets, Drawings, Tender Documents, etc.
2) Reviewing, approving, and processing all mechanical technical submittals on various designs, material submissions, shop drawings, etc.
3) The material reviews include pumps for water/sewage/sludge/chemicals, valves, penstocks, actuators, pipes, fittings, pressure vessels, storage tanks, diesel generators, different types of mechanical screens, clarifiers, aeration diffusers, mixers, decanting centrifuges, belt thickeners, odour control units, blowers, compressors, cranes, HVAC equipments etc.4) Selection of the suitable Air Conditioning machine and other equipments & accessories.5) Carry on hydraulic steady state modeling for Pump Head using WaterCAD6) Carry on mechanical and hydraulic calculations related to pump station designs including pump head calculation, sump calculation, minimum submergence calculation, as well as ventilation calculations. 7) Prepared Reports on Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Tender Analysis etc. for different projects. Feb 2015- May 2015: M & O Trainee at Mubadala's Turbine Services and Solutions companies Worked on the Maintenance and Overhaul Department (M&O) on a range of industrial oil & gas engines such as Avon and Trent engines. June2014-December2014: HVAC engineer trainee at Martif Air Conditioning and Electronics L.L.C
Six months HVAC engineer trainee at Martif Air Conditioning and Electronics L.L.C. During the 6 month training period, I performed many roles among which are:
1) Maintain and perform repair on all refrigeration equipments and perform troubleshoot on all HVAC equipments and perform repairs on all coolers.2) Manage all metal duct components and install HVAC systems and monitor all provide resolutions for all emergency alarm in systems and perform repair to all ventilating and air conditioning units.3) Manage all data center applications and operate various centrifugal chillers and install and maintain dehumidification systems and oversee all maintenance activities for various technicians. June 2013-Sep 2013: M & I Trainee at Al-Ghandi Automobile Extensive three months internship program at Al-Ghandi Automobile, working in the inspection and Maintenance section. Participated in GITEX (Information Technology exhibition) as an organizer.
CONFERENCES, MEETINGS, AND ACTIVITIES ATTENDED: Attended Certified Accredited Project Management Course (CAPM course). SIX SIGMA METHODOLOGY SESSION AT AUS PETROLEUM ENGINEERING AND ITS ROLE IN THE MECHANICAL FIELD
AIRBUS CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND THEIR FUTUREWORK
FORD DRIVING EXPERIENCE SKILL FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES AT AUS Organized AUS Business Forum and Career Fair
Organized AUS Alumni Reunion Dinner
Participated in AUS Global Day Preparations IT Skills
Arabic (Native Language)B. Team work skills and Computer/Software Skills
Ability to learn and apply academic knowledge to real life situations.
Thrive under pressure and stress.
Time manageable person.
Meet deadline assignments and reports and submit on time.
Good team worker, supporter, leader, and coordinator.
Good presentation skills.
Attention to details.
Flexible at various assigned tasks. A good experience in AutoCad, Inventor, Matlab, and Master Cam softwares.
Engineering Softwares: WATERCAD MATLAB/SIMULINK/SIMMECHANICS
2009 Membership in IEEE OTHER INFORMATION/Extracurricular Activities Date of Birth
: 5th October 1991 Gender and marital status: Male, SingleBorn in UAE, RAK and raised in Dubai, UAE. Attended an international school with students from over 20 nationalities. Fluent in English. Interests include football, swimming, and reading up-to-date articles regarding mechanical engineering areas of profession. UAE resident visa is valid. References will be furnished upon requestResume Ashraf Salih Abbas