cupcakes and project management
Post on 14-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONISITE Design's own Natalie Williams compares the similarities of managing web projects, to making cupcakes.
- 1.Make managing web projects a piece of cake Make managing web projects a piece of cake Natalie Williams| ISITE Design | @NatAttack
2. Before you step into the kitchen Before you step into the kitchen 3. Plan your menu
- Size of event
- Dream big
- Pare back based on constraints
- Feature matrix shopping list
4. Avoid getting egg on your face 5. Determine your stakeholders
- Whos the client?
- Whos actually calling the shots?
6. Risk mitigation
- Dont be afraid to push back or say no
- Throw flags
7. Get psyched Get psyched 8. Invest to own
- Resolve to make the experience positive
- Motivate your team
- Have fun along the way
9. Just a smaller piece of cake 10. Ready. Set. Bake. 11. A foundational support 12. Development
- Batter options
- Fight the urge to overfill
- Time in the oven
13. A quick and helpful tip 14. Cleanliness! Control! 15. Front end design 16. Frosting
- Inside out
- Outside in
17. Its all about the packaging 18. Proof? 19. Presentation
- Does it deliver what you expected?
- Does it make sense?
20. Plan on getting your hands dirty 21. Give the people what they want 22. Turn to professionals when needed 23.