cultural and scientific heritage inventory and digitisation in romania anca rapeanu; corina dovinca...
out of 24
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- CULTURAL AND SCIENTIFIC HERITAGE INVENTORY AND DIGITISATION IN ROMANIA Anca Rapeanu; Corina Dovinca Carol I Central University Library Bucharest
- Slide 2
- General context Global Information Society European context Cooperation between EU-member countries Cooperation between EU-member and non-member countries MINERVA Plus South-Eastern Europe countries
- Slide 3
- Cultural Heritage and Digitisation Romania General presentation
- Slide 4
- Objectives: In order to preserve and disseminate its national values, Romanias objectives are: restoring the heritage, as far as the financial situation permits it; a strong co-operation between the central and local authorities, between the public and private sectors, between specialists and citizens; the initiatives of economic development of the country should include in its policies the protection and development of the cultural heritage as an active part of the countrys development.
- Slide 5
- Romanian context Ex-communist country EU integration process Rich cultural heritage International cooperation
- Slide 6
- Legislative framework (1) Conventions proposed by the Council of Europe and ratified by the Romanian Parliament: The Convention on the Protection of the Architectural Heritage the Convention of Granada from 1985 was ratified in 1997 (the Law on the ratification of the Convention on the Protection of the Architectural Heritage of Europe no. 157/1997). The Convention on the Protection of the Archaeological Heritage - revised the Convention of La Valetta from 1992 was ratified in 1997 (Law on the ratification of the European Convention on the Protection of the Archaeological Heritage no. 150/1997). The European Landscape Convention was ratified in july 2002. (Law on the ratification of the European Convention of Landscape no. 451/2002)
- Slide 7
- Legislative framework (2) The Law on the approval of the Plan for the country planning protected zones (Law 5/2000); The Government Ordinance on the protection of the historic monuments on the World Heritage List (GO 47/2000), approved with changes by Law 564/2001; The Government Ordinance on the protection of the archaeological heritage (Law 378/2001for the approval of the Government Ordinance no. 43/2000 on the protection of the archaeological heritage and declaration of some archaeological sites archaeological areas); The Law on protection of national mobile cultural heritage (Low 182/25th of October 2000) and Government Ordinance for modification of Law no. 182/25th of October 2000 concerning protection of national mobile cultural heritage; The Law on the protection of the historic monuments (Law 422/2001) The Order of the Minister of Culture No. 2044/09.05.2001 regulates the Register for destructed, stolen, missing or illegal exported cultural assets, which are under the property or administration of legal entities.
- Slide 8
- Inventories: Administrated Ministry of Culture and Religious Affairs: Unesco World Heritage List from Romania; Registry of Scheduled Monuments. Administrated by The Institute for Cultural Memory: Registry of Scheduled Monuments, The National Archaeological Inventory (RAN). The RAN Database has over 6,200 records and is growing fast; National Computer Record of the Mobile Cultural Property Classified in the National Cultural Heritage; National Collective Directory of the Romanian Rare Books; Integrated computer record of the mobile cultural heritage of the places of worship in Romania; Computer Record of the Places of Worship in Romania.
- Slide 9
- Actors Governmental bodies Research organisations MLAs
- Slide 10
- Governmental bodies Ministry of Culture and Religious Affairs - is a specialized body of the central public administration. According to the Government Resolution no. 28/January 2001 on the organization and functioning of the Ministry of Culture and Religious Affairs, it is responsible for developing specific strategies and policies to support culture. 42 Directorates for Culture, Religious Affairs and National Cultural Heritage The National Institute for Historic Monuments - public institution directly subordinated to the Ministry for Culture and Religious Affairs Tasks: elaborates standards and methodologies for historic monuments, provides scientific foundation for decisions of the National Comittee for Historic Monuments regarding classification and administration of historic monuments The National Office for Historic Monuments - is a public institution directly subordinated to the Ministry for Culture and Religious Affairs Tasks: management of funds for research projecting and execution of protecting work for historic monuments elaborates the national restoration program ascribes projecting and execution contracts trough public auctions.
- Slide 11
- Research organisations (1) Institute for Cultural Memory CIMEC - organization directly subordinated to The Ministry of Culture and Religious Affairs, founded in 1978 in order to keep computerized evidence of the cultural patrimony. Tasks: collecting, processing, preserving and dissemination of information related to mobile and immobile cultural heritage; administration of national data basis and other computerized cultural information sources; development of instruments for the collections documentation (artefacts description rules, data standards, terminological thesauri, authority files, software etc.); editorial activities related to the field of cultural heritage; technical assistance and consultancy for museums, libraries and other cultural institutions; active participation in European projects and international partnership in order to contribute to integration of Romania in European structures, dissemination of Romanian cultural heritage and alignment to the newest technologies, methods, practices and standards in this field.
- Slide 12
- Research organisations (2) National Research Laboratory for Research in Conservation and Restauration of Mobile Cultural Heritageis - public institution directly subordinated to the Ministry for Culture and Religious Affairs Tasks expertising in the field of conservation and restoration of cultural goods training in the field of conservation and restoration of cultural goods Romanian Academy- Romanian highest cultural forum. Objectives: cultivation of the national language and literature, study of the national history, research into major scientific domains, and promotion of democratic and ethical principles of free communication of ideas in Romanian sciences, arts and letters
- Slide 13
- Repositories (MLA) (1) The Romanian National Library administrates an important part of national cultural heritage books, periodical publications, manuscripts, rare books, incurables, cartographic materials, photographs, audio-visual materials and electronic documents The Romanian Academy Library Its main goal was preservation of the national fund of manuscripts and printed materials, old and current, illustrating mainly the history and culture of the Romanian people. Since 1885, the Romanian Academy Library is a repository library. The library holdings number is almost 10 million copies, out of which 3.6 million are monographs and 5.3 million are bounded serials. The collection of manuscripts is considered to be the richest of its kind in the country, while the collections of prints and drawings, maps, numismatics, recorded music and scores are all real points of reference in their fields
- Slide 14
- Repositories (MLA) (2) University libraries Carol I Central University Library of Bucharest Central University Library Lucian Blaga Cluj Napoca Metropolitan Library of Bucharest is a cultural institution subordinated to the Bucharest City Hall. Is is a public encyclopaedic library, responsible for Bucharest legal deposit. County libraries County Libraries Gh. Asachi Iasi County Library "Ioan N. Roman" Constanta County Library Panait Istrati Braila County Library "V.A. Urechia" County Library Galati Brasov County Library
- Slide 15
- Projects - CIMEC: National Projects: RAN - Developing the National Archaeological Record National Computer Record of the Mobile Cultural Property Classified in the National Cultural HeritageNational Computer Record of the Mobile Cultural Property Classified in the National Cultural Heritage National Computer Record of the Rare Books Heritage Integrated computer record of the mobile cultural heritage of the places of worship in Romania Computer Record of the Places of Worship in Romania National Computer Record of the Performing Arts Heritage International projects: ARENA project (Archaeological Records of Europe - Network Access). Extending Online Access and Digital Preservation of European Archaeological Archives), 2001 - 2004. The EPOCH Network of Excellence in the field of new technologies applications for cultural heritage organizing international courses; participating in the AMA project - Mapping Tool for Conceptual Reference Model (2005 - 2006); participating in the network management (Irina Oberlnder- Tarnoveanu as member of the Board of Directors) HEREIN - European heritage Network - continuation on a voluntary base of the collaboration with the European Heritage Network: updating the Romanian report on the cultural policies in the field of cultural heritage; joining the annual meeting of the national correspondents; participating in the development of the multilingual thesauri.
- Slide 16
- Projects The Romanian Academy started to digitise its collections in 1999,
View more >