out of 24
Post on 06-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPre-conference document to support swap-shop at IATEFL Harrogate, UK April 2010
- CROWD WISE Pre-conference document Karenne Sylvester Kalinago English IATEFL2010 http://www.flickr.com/photos/benterrett/414915472/sizes/o/
- Aimed at current and potential educational e-community leaders, a mini presentation of some of the psychological, historical and evolutionary aspects of real-life communities followed by a swap- shop (an exchange of minds): reviewing the key roles of e- participants; discussing group life cycles, net-i-quette issues and conflict resolution; comparing web platforms and sharing tips for accessing the wisdom of the crowd. http://www.flickr.com/photos/wishymom/566394520/
- Pre-Conference - blog series: http://kalinago.blogspot.com - pre conference document with questions to ponder on - IATEFL session forum comments/questions @ IATEFL Conference -mini presentation -swapping experiences, opinions & ideas through -commuhnity building simulation -interactive discussion activity Post-Conference Downloadable ebook of blog postings, selected comments & discussion at IATEFL
- Why do people join e-communitiies? http://www.flickr.com/photos/greg_robbins/3162959802/
- Why do people create e-communities? http://www.flickr.com/photos/glittergina/2432730428/
- What personal qualities should e-leaders & moderators possess? (From top: Carla Arena, David Deubel, Duncan Baker, Gladys Baya, Tara Benwell & Vance Stevens)
- Which online platform do you generally prefer working on? Why? http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinpward/93182613/sizes/l/
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/greg_robbins/3162959802/sizes/l/ Should e-communities create mission statements? http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomwatson/234465146/sizes/l/
- How much does the http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinh00d/345651420 www.flickr.com/photos/bestrated1/962198041 http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinh00d/345651420/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomas-merton/2270853980/ size of your community matter?
- Is it better to work together in private or in public? http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomashawk/130659051/
- Do y Are rules necessary? http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkatygemma/4316802509/sizes/l/
- What percentage of members in an edu- community participate actively?
- Why do some members 'lurk'? http://www.flickr.com/photos/dou_ble_you/221468725/
- What is Ego-Boo? Why should we http://www.flickr.com/photos/timsnell/4172347565/sizes/o/ pay attention to this?
- How do we stay on top of and respect our cultural differences? http://www.flickr.com/photos/artnow/385818636/
- What are some of the differences between working online with learners and working with teachers? http://www.flickr.com/photos/victoriapeckham/164175205/
- What do we do with trolls... pirates, kidnappers & other threats to e-community life? http://www.flickr.com/photos/paopix/597003900/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkpatator/349431853/
- Do you know of great activities or tips which help build a global team? http://www.flickr.com/photos/37893534@N07/3913737655/
- Should e-communities be available for free? Did you pay for the platform(s) you use? Why? Why not? http://www.flickr.com/photos/pagedooley/3302646512/sizes/l/
- What books or resources on PLNs/CoPs & e-community life have you read and recommend?
- Join the conversation: Online via the blog series: http://kalinago.blogspot.com/search/label/crowd-wise Online via IATEFL-BritishCouncil Forums Session Comments @ IATEFL Harrogate 2010 Date: April 08 2010 Venue: Harrogate International Centre, UK Room: Studley 16.05 - 17.05 Limited seating: 30 participants only
- Your host: Karenne Sylvester Edu-blogger, ESP:IT teacher, Edtech teacher-trainer Former academic director of two non-profit educational organizations: Summerbridge, Hong Kong and EIL, Ecuador. Karenne has extensive real-life community experience and is a member of Triiibes: Seth Godin's exclusive tribe about tribes. She actively participates in many global edu-communities and is the NingMistress of BELTfree (edu-blogging). She runs private web2.0 communities with language learners. Connect with Karenne on twitter @kalinagoenglish
View more >
Crowd Safety Engineering, Risk ?· Crowd Safety Engineering, Risk Analysis and Crowd Management This…
From disaster to prevention - Studium Generale - Crowd psychology and... · Crowd psychology and crowd…