crest case study
Post on 18-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. CASE STUDY: Why MySpace is an Engaging PlaceOnline for CPG Marketers
2. THE PROBLEM
- Crest needed a way reach the elusive 18-34 consumer
- An interactive and engaging plan was needed to interact with this consumer
- Success metric was driving click-through to CrestIQ.com and consumer
- engagement with brand content
MySpace Helped Crest Reach Their Goals! 3. Audience Audience THE APPROACH 1-to-1 MediaAudience Advertising Public Relations Blogs, Boards, Podcast, RSS Social Networks Audience Old Engagement Model: One-to-One New Engagement Model: Social Advertising Public Relations Engagement is achieved when individuals move from response mode to actively fostering a relationship. Crest created engagement by using various MySpace social networking tools. 1-to-1 Media 4. THE EXECUTION: MISS IRRESISTIBLE, AND THE CREST iQ QUIZ
- Crest utilized their brands
- irresistibility to create the
- fictional Miss Irresistible to host
- the Crest / MySpace
- Miss Irresistible gave MySpace
- users advice on how they could
- become more irresistible.
Engagement Focus 5. THE EXECUTION: BRANDED CONTENT PROMOTES INTERACTIVITY
- Crest tapped into users 18-34 by
- asking them How Irresistible
- Are You?
- They did this through the Crest
- Irresistibility Quiz within Miss
- Irresistibles profile page, where
- users could find out how
- irresistible they were, and enter a
Branded Content 6.
- Once users began the Crest
- Irresistibility iQ Quiz, they would
- get through a few questions,
- and then be automatically
- redirected to the Crest.com
- website to take the remaining iQ
- quiz questions
- This promoted additional
- engagement and follow through
- to the Crest.com page.
THE EXECUTION: GAINING VALUABLE CLICK-THROUGHS Promoting Click-Through 7. THE EXECUTION: MISS IRRESISTABLE, AND THE CREST iQ QUIZ
- Crest utilized additional
- branded content with MySpace
- page skins that users could
- download and use to reskin
- their personal MySpace pages.
- This gave users the ability to
- not only create a unique and
- decorative MySpace page, but
- also keep interaction with Crest
- going long after they were on
- Crests profile.
Branded Downloads 8. THE EXECUTION: MISS IRRESISTABLE, AND THE CREST iQ QUIZ Crest furthered the interaction between their brand and MySpace users by having an exclusive chat with actor Nick Cannon that users could only participate in if they became a friend of Miss Irresistible Featured Events 9. CAMPAIGN RESULTS
- MySpace was#1on Crests Online Plan for
- Driving Click-Throughs to CrestIQ.com!
- Over 4 Page Views per User visit!
- Extended Relationship and
- deep brand engagement!
- Over180,000 Quiz Participants! (#1 in Quiz Participation on Crests Online Plan)
- Over4,166,277 Featured Profile Page views
- Over1,064,212 Unique Visitors to Profile
- Over1,000,000 Branded Download Views and110,000 Downloads
Source: MySpace DART, as of 7/24/06