copyright © allyn & bacon 2004 chapter 18 speaking on special occasions this multimedia product and...
out of 9
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Chapter 18 Speaking on Special Occasions This multimedia product and its contents are protected under copyright law. The following are prohibited by law: Any public performance or display, including transmission of any image over a network; Preparation of any derivative work, including the extraction, in whole or in part, of any images; Any rental, lease, or lending of the program.
- Slide 2
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Speech of Introduction Focus on featured speaker. Be brief. Establish speakers credibility. Create realistic expectations. Set tone for speech.
- Slide 3
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Speech of Presentation State purpose of award or recognition. State recipients qualifications. Adapt organization to audience. Compliment finalists for award.
- Slide 4
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Acceptance Speech Thank those who bestowed award. Compliment the competition. Thank those who helped you attain award. Accept award graciously.
- Slide 5
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Speech of Tribute Establish noble themes. Provide vivid examples. Express audience feelings. Create a memorable image. Be genuine.
- Slide 6
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Speech to Entertain Make a point. Be creative. Be organized. Use appropriate humor. Use spirited delivery.
- Slide 7
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Impromptu Speech Speak on topic you know well. Make the most of preparation time. Focus on a single or a few points. Be brief.
- Slide 8
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Question-Answer Period Restate or clarify question. Compliment question. Answer question. Check response with questioner.
- Slide 9
- Copyright Allyn & Bacon 2004 Videotaped Speech Adapt delivery to audience(s). Adapt delivery to microphone. Adapt delivery to camera shots.
View more >