out of 25
Post on 31-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAre you converted? have you read the book of John 3:3-5? are you born again christian? if not, then you have to be converted in Jesus name!
- Are you Converted? Luke 22:32 Great Commission Ministry
- John 3:1-5
- 1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
- 2 The same came to Jesus by night , and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
- 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
- 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature : old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- 1 Peter 1:23
- Being born again , not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God , which liveth and abideth for ever.
- Luke 22:31-34
- 31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
- 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted , strengthen thy brethren.
- 33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
- 34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.
- Luke 22:55-62
- 55 And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.
- 56 But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.
- 57 And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.
- 58 And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.
- 59 And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean.
- 60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
- 61 And the Lord turned , and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord , how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
- 62 And Peter went out , and wept bitterly.
- There are two things that you must know
- FIRST, that Peter was a very strong believer in Christ.
- He had followed him for over three years.
- He witnessed so many miracles that he could not help but believe in Christ.
- I wish to make it clear that Peter, like many Christians today, though strong believers, have a false sense of security .
- Peter, confident that his faith was sufficient, said, "Lord, I will go with Thee even unto death."
- Because he had not yet been converted, when confronted at the trial of Jesus, he cursed and denied that he had ever known the Lord.
- Believing didn't convert peter !
- Peter was not converted when he confessed that Jesus was the Son of God.
- His declaration of faith took place before Jesus told him to be converted.
- After confession Christ as Savior, Peter cursed and lied and denied that he ever knew the Lord.
- Just believing sure didn't save or convert Peter!
- Commands of our Lord Jesus !
- In Acts 1:4 Jesus commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem
- Jesus commanded them to tarry in Jerusalem until they be endued with power from on high.
- Whence this power?
- Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power , after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you : and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
- Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
- Promise fulfilled
- Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost , and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
- God's plan of salvation
- Great conviction fell upon the multitude, and they cried out, " Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Peter's answer has been the New Testament plan of salvation until this day.,
- " Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins , and ye shall receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
- Friend, are you called?
- If so, then this promise is for you also.
- ACTS 12:1-11
- 1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.
- 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
- 3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)
- 4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
- 5 Peter therefore was kept in prison : but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
- 6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison.
- 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him , and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly . And his chains fell off from his hands.
- 8 And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.
- 9 And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision.
- 10 When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.
- 11 And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety , that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.
View more >