Connecting the physical world and the virtual world with QR Codes
Post on 06-May-2015
DESCRIPTIONConnecting the physical world and the virtual world with QR Codes.
- 1.Connecting the physical world and the virtual world with QR Codes
2. Mutant crossword puzzles are starting to show up on posters, signs, and even clothing.
3. You have a need to provide information to clients and learners.
4. You have seen QR codes but you are not sure how to use them in learning activities.
5. Let me explain to you what QR codes are, and how you can use them to connect the physical and virtual worlds.
6. You want to be able to create QR codes and use them to get the word out.
7. Here are some basics about QR codes or Quick Response codes.
8. QR Codes are two-dimensional bar codes containing information.
9. You decode QR Codes with devices such as a camera phone.
10. You can place QR codes in publications, advertisements, merchandise, etc.
11. With QR Codes, you can link the physical world with your virtual world.
12. Your camera phone or desktop computer will also need a QR reader.
13. When creating QR codes keep in mind these basic principles.
15. Connect to a mobile site, not a generic home page.
16. Use short URLs to get a better contrast.
17. If you create a sign, also include a short URL for those who do not have QR reader.
18. How you can use QR codes to support education.
19. With QR codes, you can provide additional information that is easy to access.
20. You can link to supporting resources such as course notes.
21. You can link to additional information for a student project.
22. You can connect to instructions, a video clip, or audio selection.
23. Add a QR code to the cover of a book and link it to a book review or to the authors Web site.
24. You can use QR codes to connect visitors to a collection of information, such as in a museum.
25. You can use QR codes to tie events to virtual information.
26. You can advertise upcoming courses and workshops.
27. You can embed QR codes in a calendar for details on assignments.
28. You can also connect QR codes to online reservation forms.
29. You can use QR codes to facilitate fun activities.
30. Use QR codes for a virtual tour.
31. Create a game such as a scavenger hunt.
32. You can connect participants to your online surveys and polling.
33. Here is how you can use QR codes to support business opportunities.
34. With QR codes, you can provide clients with more information on a product or special.
35. You can link to additional product details.
36. You can connect users to a coupon.
37. You can add QR codes to merchandise.
38. QR codes are a great way you can get your information quick into your clients hands.
39. You can place them on a business card.
40. You can connect your users directly to your Website.
41. You could connect them directly to your phone or other contact information.
42. You can connect users to your social media.
43. You can use QR codes to tie events to virtual information.
44. You can create a virtual tour of the town and connect readers to online details.
45. You can advertise an event and link visitors to the registration form.
46. Selling a house, you can connect visitors to a virtual tour.
47. You can measure success of print campaigns with unique addressed QR codes.
48. Here are some QRs found in the wild during my trip to the ASTD Conference.
49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. Your turn to try them out.