common mobile app development mistakes to avoid
Post on 12-Jan-2017
Embed Size (px)
Common Mobile App Development Mistakes To AvoidPixelCrayons
IntroductionWith the ever advancing technology, the difference between tablets, smartphones & laptops keep shrinking. Taking the clue, businesses which were earlier present on the web are expanding their territory and entering the mobile space too. Today, more and more businesses are creating mobile apps to supplement their business since these apps are the critical elements of their online business strategy. Although critical, most business enterprises are still unaware of the essential means of developing an excellent app.
1. Considering mobile as downsized or less popular experienceIf you consider mobile platform as less popular and downsized, then its time to rethink. Today mobile development platform is the fastest emerging space. Mobile apps perform on smaller screen sizes and are different in functionality and capacity but are equally important for your business than any other platform.
2. Ignoring Cross-Platform App DevelopmentIf your app is present only on a single mobile platforms then you are not reaching more than half of your target audience. The most popular mobile platforms are iOS and Android. Windows and BlackBerry OS are also following the trail. While designing a mobile app for your business, you have to ensure that it is built on cross platforms.
3. Not considering the Speed OptimizationThis is one of the most critical things to be considered and can make or break your mobile app. The app users of today are become impatient at times while waiting for the app to load. If the response time or loading time of your app is high, the users will immediately lose interest and refrain from using it again.
4. Overlooking the touch interfaceOne of the key reasons for the failure of mobile apps is the ignorance of overlooking the touch screen factor. When the mobile app developers fail to address the difference between the touch based interface and mouse based interface, the result is an under-performing app with compromised design esthetics.
5. Not acknowledging the connectivity issuesThis might not come as a direct disadvantages but it once important area to focus on.You will not find consistent data connection at all places. Sometimes the connection would be weak, intermittent, passing etc. Hence, you must attempt to create an app which can handle such inconsistencies and has the capacity to handle crumbling data connections without getting hanged every time.
6. Ignoring Agile Approach of developmentThere have been different development models adopted by developers for developing the mobile apps. The linear approach required the developers to gather requirements, develop them, create specifications, test them and then finally create the app. The more appropriate and faster development model is agile approach of development. One should adopt these models as it increases the pace of development and accommodate changes even in the middle of development phase.
Businesses must consider these points in mind and avoid these mistakes to increase the acceptability of their mobile apps. If you have any query related to mobile app designing and development you can contact PixelCrayons: the leading mobile app development company in India.
How we can help?Give your business a boost by having strong Online presence through a stunning website. But you need to be very careful while selecting the web designing firm. Firstly check, analyze the well reputed web designing firms. Then select the best suitable for you according to your requirements and budget.At PixelCrayons, we are consistently working towards incorporating and harnessing new technologies and, therefore, offer all kind of support for website and mobile app design & development . If you wish to encompass this revolutionary technology in your business, then we would be more than delighted to assist you for your business model.
Find us on:Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Contact DetailsUS Number:T: +1 347-630-9630(0400 1330 HRS EST)
UK Number:T: +44 1923-606-162(0900 1900 HRS GMT)Australia Number:T: +61 2-8015-5687(1300 - 2300 HRS AEST)www.pixelcrayons.com