college & career symposium
out of 19
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. College and Career Symposium Middle and High School Students, Parents and Community Members DeKalb, Rockdale and Gwinnett Counties Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:00 am 12:00 pm Tucker High School 5036 Lavista Road Tucker, Georgia 30084 College and Career Fair 10:00 am -12:00 pm Local and National Colleges, Universities and College Access Organizations Invited!
- 2. There will be an open house at NC State University on Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm. Take a virtuall tour of the school and check the website for more information at ncu.edu/openhouse. You may apply for admission online via commonapp.org Checkout preview days at Georgia Southwestern University on Saturday for a chance to win a $1000 scholarship November 14 January 30 April 2 Contact the school at email@example.com or www.gsw.edu
- 3. Students interested exploring the campus and meet the professors at Tufts University can come out on October 22-23 for the Engineering Experience and October 29-30 for the Arts & Sciences Experience. Application deadline is October 13, 2015, Contact admissions.tufts.edu/voices Clemson University's Lyceum Scholars Program is accepting applications for the fall. Students who are accepted into the program receive $10,000 scholarships distributed over their four years. Additional information is posted in the Counseling office.
- 4. Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program rewards students with community service, diversity and leadership with scholarship awards of $1000. High school seniors must be nominated by their teacher/counselor. The Horatio Alger Scholarship Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, a good academic record, community service and financial need. Applications must be completed by October 25, 2015. Eligible students must also have a GPA of 2.0 and demonstrate critical financial need ($55,00 or lower). Submit an online application to scholars.horatioalger.org
- 5. Davison College invites your nomination for the John M. Belk Scholarship. Eight Belk Scholars will be chosen to receive an annually renewable scholarship equivalent to $60,119 plus two stipends of up to $3000 each for international study. Schools may nominate one or two nominations no later than November 6 at www.davidson.edu/belk. Nominees must submit completed applications no later than December 1, 2015. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6. National Hispanic College Fair, Thursday, November 12th at Berkmar HS 405 Pleasant Hill Rd. Lilburn, Ga 9:30 am-12:30 pm. Free bus transportation to all students. Come to the Counseling office for more information.
- 7. Attention All TSA Members:Attention All TSA Members:
- 8. Homecoming DaysHomecoming Days
- 9. Spirit NightSpirit Night
- 10. JSAJSA
- 11. Join the mental health group, Power To Teens, where students support one another, raise money, and campaign online to help people around the world with mental health problems. If interested please see Mrs. Dhaliwal in B320 for an application. Applications are due by September 30th.
- 12. What our Chapter Does Professional Development Community Service Social Activities Ways and Means Public Relations Employment SkillsUSA Championships JOIN Tucker SkillsUSA Meetings are on Thursdays Room D212 Starting at 3:30 See Coach Knox for more details. www.skillsusa.org www.skillsusageorgia.org
- 13. THS Polo style shirts are in
View more >