College and Career Readiness Henry County High School.
Post on 26-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- College and Career Readiness Henry County High School
- Slide 2
- College and Career Ready College Ready: the level of preparation a first-time student needs in order to succeed in a credit-bearing course at a postsecondary institution. Succeed is defined as completing entry- level courses at a level of understanding and proficiency that prepares the student for subsequent courses. Career Ready: the level of preparation a high school graduate needs in order to proceed to the next step in a chosen career, whether that is postsecondary coursework, industry certification, or entry into the workforce.
- Slide 3
- Unbridled Learning Accountability Model Performance Measures for Next-Generation Learners LevelAchievementGapGrowthCollege/Career Readiness Graduation Rate ElementaryTests: reading, mathematics, science, social studies and writing Tests: reading, mathematics, science, social studies and writing Reading and Mathematics N/A MiddleTests: reading, mathematics, science, social studies and writing Reading and Mathematics EXPLORE (College Readiness) N/A HighEnd-of-Course Tests** and On- Demand Writing PLAN to ACT Reading and Mathematics College/Career Readiness Rate AFGR*/ Cohort Model ** End of Course assessments in: Algebra 2, U.S. History, English 2, and Biology
- Slide 4
- Unbridled Learning Accountability Model Weights for Accountability Index GradeAchievementGapGrowthCollege/ Career Readiness Graduation Rate TOTAL Elementary 30% 30% 40% N/A N/A 100% Middle 28% 28% 28% 16% N/A 100% High 20% 20% 20% 20% 20% 100%
- Slide 5
- Beginning with the class of 2016 100% of Henry County High students will need to show they are College OR Career ready to earn a high school diploma. (with accommodations and modifications with an IEP)
- Slide 6
- College Ready English 18 Mathematics 19 Reading 20 COMPASS or KYOTE options (All Juniors take the ACT)
- Slide 7
- Career Ready Must meet one requirement in Academic and Technical to be considered Career Ready Technical KOSSA Industry Certificate Academic WorkKeys Applied Mathematics Locating Information Reading for Information ASVAB
- Slide 8
- KOSSA Kentucky Occupational Skill Standards Assessment 1996 charge by the Governor to assemble business and industry representatives to develop standards in high- demand occupational areas Skill Standards are categorized into three major skill sets: Academic, Employability, and Technical Skills Developed as a measure of technical skill attainment for senior preparatory students in career and technical education Source: Kentucky Department of Education, Office of Next Generation Learners
- Slide 9
- KOSSA tests Students who have taken a certain number of courses in given career & technical fields will be tested on skills standards related to the coursework they have received. In order to score proficient students must score a minimum of 70% on the multiple choice exam. Tests may include (but not limited to): Administrative Support Business Management Horticulture -- Communications -- Accounting -- Small Power -- Animal Science -- Engineering
- Slide 10
- Industry Certification Developed by and used for a specific industry Various industries have designated standards for certificates, certifications and licensures Certificates may allow individuals to enter directly into the workforce Recognized as a as a measure of technical skill attainment for senior preparatory students in career and technical education as a part of Perkins accountability Source: 705 KAR 4:231, Section 11; Industry-Recognized Certificate Programs and Job Corps: Working Toward a Skilled and Qualified Workforce published by MTC Institute
- Slide 11
- Industry Certifications Examples are (but not limited to): MOS Microsoft Office Specialist IC3 Internet and Computing MNA Medicaid Nurse Aide Adobe Certified Associate (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash) NATE / ASE - Automotive
- Slide 12
- To meet the benchmark set for WorkKeys and to receive a National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC), students must take the following assessments and score a Silver level or higher on all three assessments: Applied Mathematics Locating Information Reading for Information 85% of ALL occupations utilize these skills
- Slide 13
- ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Test Most widely administered aptitude test in the United States (Air Force - 50, Army 31, Marines 32, Navy - 35, Coast Guard 40) Results are used to predict the ability to learn skills No military items are included Helps predict success in a wide range of jobs Measures Verbal Skills, Math Skills and Science/Technical Skills 334 items; 2 hour session Passing score of 50 (AFQT) must be earned Source: Technical Manual for the ASVAB 18/19 and the ASVAB Counselor Manual
- Slide 14
- So what does it mean to us in Henry County? Local employers want an educated and prepared work force. We are making significant changes to our schools structure to bring about the change but need help. We are working feverishly with every opportunity we can to add more programs that lead to Career Readiness. It will take a district, business, industry and community effort to bring this monumental change about.
- Slide 15
- What does this mean for our students? Remember when you were five years old..from the day you started kindergarten when someone would ask, What do you want to be when you grow up? Its time to ask our students that same question.but with a 21st Century spin. What do you want to do WHEN you graduate and how are you going to get there?
- Slide 16
- Form More Information Please Contact: Shannon.Sageser@henry.kyschools.us Austin.Hunsaker@henry.kyschools.us Cheryl.Gilley@henry.kyschools.us Judy.Rice@henry.kyschools.us (502) 845-8670 Shannon.Sageser@henry.kyschools.us Austin.Hunsaker@henry.kyschools.us Cheryl.Gilley@henry.kyschools.us Judy.Rice@henry.kyschools.us
View more >
High School Graduation and College and Career Readiness School Graduation and College and Career Readiness Act ... The High School Graduation and College and Career Readiness ... to calculate the cost to ...
Determining College and Career Readiness College and Career Readiness Score Arkansas Code Annotated (A.C.A.) 6-15-2012 requires that before a student’s graduation from high school, a high school shall assess the student’s college and career readiness ...
College and Career Readiness - emphasizes college and career readiness throughout middle and high school through a variety of school counseling curriculum and ... The Naviance web-based ...
College and Career Readiness Initiative OBJECTIVE To improve the college and career readiness rate of high school students and reduce the percent needing.
College Readiness Data: Fairfax County High Readiness Data: Fairfax County High Schools . ... Table FCPS 1. Fairfax County ... College Readiness Data: Fairfax County High Schools .
High School Counselor’s Guide (NOSCA) - College School Counselor’s Guide 1 Contents Your Role in College and Career Readiness Counseling 2 The Eight Components of College and Career Readiness Counseling
SCIENCE MS COLLEGE and CAREER READINESS MS COLLEGE and CAREER READINESS STANDARDS MADISON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT ... scientific articles, etc. to create a power point ... – Dmitri Mendeleev and ...
College Career Readiness Assessment - ??College Career Readiness Assessment ... • Leads a range of college and career readiness research, ... Career Readiness Motivation Self
Henry County High School Scholarship County High School Scholarship Directory ... application, recommendation ... Henry County High School Scholarship Directory