cleaning tile and grout
out of 9
Post on 12-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Tips for Cleaning Tile &Grout
- 2. Tile And Grout Cleaning Service Tiles look beautiful and enhance the elegance of the inside of any home or business. As more and more people have discovered the durability, beauty and health benefits associated with one of the oldest flooring types that exist, they have begun investing more in tile floors. However, the beauty of these floor structures sustains only if you maintain them. Here are some useful tips to help you select and maintain your tiles and grout.
- 3. Ceramic Ceramic tiles are prepared by mixing clay and water and then firing both. As the main ingredients are relatively soft, the resulting ceramic tile also turns out to be the same or even less dense. Ceramic tile is a good option for almost any area and is quite versatile. However, it is prone to developing cracks under pressure and can scratch more easily than other dense materials. It is also more prone to stains due to its increased absorbency, which also demands the use of our professional tile and grout cleaning services Nassaumore frequently.
- 4. Porcelain Tile Porcelain is made by combining very fine clay with other minerals to develop a dense and water resistant product that is able to withstand heavy traffic while resisting scratches and stains. However, it will still need tile and grout cleaning on a regular basis but certainly more sporadically.
- 5. Mortar When laying tile and grout, the underlying mud that holds the tiles in place is as important as the type of tile you select. Even though mortar isn't visible once the tile is in place, it must remain free of air bubbles, allow breathing due to shifting and settlement in the flooring and should be long lasting. Better forms of mortar are mixed nowadays with compounds that allow flexibility and expansion without getting deteriorated over long periods. It is also important that you hire a reputable installer to avoid problems from occurring in the future.
- 6. Grout The quality of the flooring can be impacted by the type of grout used. Dirty grout is one of the most common causes that result in people looking for Grout Cleaning Long Island services because it tends to be the most absorbent part of the flooring. Therefore, it is recommended that you use a high quality grout and sealant to prevent stains and dirt from accumulating in between professional tile and grout services.
- 7. Sealant Both tile and grout may need the use of a sealant to help preserve the luster of the flooring however, it is to be noted that sealant wears away over time. Depending upon the pattern of traffic, type of tile and the sealant used, it may be necessary to have the tiles professionally cleaned and re- sealed every two to three years. While you invest your time and knowledge into selecting the right long lasting and beautiful tiles, our Tile and grout cleaning services Long Island will help you to maintain your investments luster and lives.
- 8. Get in Touch
View more >