cisco prime for mobility...cisco prime for mobility helps mitigate these challenges. cisco prime for...
Post on 18-Feb-2021
Embed Size (px)
Cisco Prime for Mobility
© 2013 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110R)
What Is the Value of Cisco Prime for Mobility?Cisco Prime™ for Mobility is a comprehensive, end-to-end management solution for the next-generation mobile network. Through highly efficient and integrated management of the entire mobile network, Cisco Prime for Mobility helps service providers achieve significant levels of operational scale while meeting the most demanding mobile service assurance requirements. Tightly aligned with Cisco® Mobile Internet Architecture, Cisco Prime for Mobility supports a breadth of Cisco’s world-class mobility networking solutions, including the Cisco ASR 5000 and Cisco ASR 5500 core multimedia services platforms.
What Problems Does It Help Solve?The proliferation of new devices and rich-media applications and the increasing number of mobile broadband subscribers are creating new revenue opportunities for mobile service providers. The challenge, however, is the disparate network management tools that create a noncollaborative environment and that limit the scale of operations, prolong the time to revenue, and negatively affect the quality of services (QoS). Additionally, the high costs associated with integrating these tools are eroding mobile service providers’ profitability. Cisco Prime for Mobility helps mitigate these challenges.
Cisco Prime for MobilityCisco Prime for Mobility is a Cisco Prime Carrier Management solution, referring to the set of capabilities optimized for managing mobile networks.
This modular suite consists of:
• Cisco Prime Central: Provides a single management interface to all components of the suite and access to integrated operator workflows across the Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul and Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
• Cisco Prime Provisioning: Accelerates mobile service deployments by providing automated resource management and rapid, profile-based provisioning of IP RAN backhaul
• Cisco Prime Performance Manager: Gives access to fast, actionable information for the entire mobile network, supporting Cisco and multivendor devices - with custom and prepackaged reports that are easily extensible
• Cisco Prime Optical: Provides circuit provisioning and troubleshooting as well as performance and configuration management for the optical domain, supporting Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) RAN backhaul
• Cisco Prime Network: Provides fault monitoring and isolation for RAN backhaul and EPC, as well as topology-guided troubleshooting for RAN backhaul
See Figure 1.
Figure 1. Cisco Prime for Mobility Helps Enable Outstanding Operational Scale and Mobile Service Assurance
Cell Site, RAN Backhaul, Evolved Packet Core, Data Center
© 2013 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110R) C45-726158-00 01/13
What Are the Benefits of Cisco Prime for Mobility?• Outstanding operational scale: Integrated operator workflows across the RAN
backhaul and Long Term Evolution (LTE) EPC help minimize overhead and drive efficiencies.
• Improved mobile customer experience: A unified view of the entire mobile network and advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics help provide superior mobile service assurance.
• Lower total cost of ownership: Preintegrated network management software components significantly reduce time and resources required for integration.
Why Cisco?With its unmatched experience and expertise, Cisco offers industry-leading solutions for packet and transport network design, fulfillment, assurance, and analysis. Built on a service-centered foundation, Cisco Prime Carrier Management solutions utilize an intuitive workflow-oriented approach, empowering organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Existing customers with current maintenance are able to upgrade Cisco Prime components, helping to ensure that their investment is protected as Cisco continues to extend application capabilities that help further drive down costs and increase efficiency.