#CIMSocial How to make social media work for your business
out of 51
Post on 22-Apr-2015
- 1. Matt Anderson #CIMSOCIALTwitter @mrmattanderson - @montagecommsLinkedIn - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/montagecommunicationsFacebook.com/MontagecommunicationsWeb - www.montagecomms.com
- 2. How can I help?Tactics specic to your business / organisationYour developmentImproving customer service and experienceIncrease customer engagementIncrease sales and bookingsResource and time you should spend?Evaluate performance using analytics
- 3. YOUR PROBLEMS...
- 4. WE ARE IN A RECESSION & I DONT HAVE TIME!HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD I SPEND ON SOCIAL MEDIA? CC: RLHYDE
- 5. THE BOSS THINKS ITS FOR KIDSHOW DO I SHOW A STRONG BUSINESS CASE TO THE BOSS?
- 6. SOCIAL MEDIA IS THE MESSIAH! (MAYBE NOT...)WE NEED TO MANAGE EXPECTATIONS INTERNALLY AND WITH THE BOSS
- 7. SHOW ME THE MONEY!YOU AND YOUR BOSS WANT TO SEE RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- 8. WHERE IS YOUR BUSINESS UP TO?
- 9. DECORATORBOSS SAID GET US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND WE DECORATED OUR WEBSITE
- 10. THE INTERNERSWE DONT HAVE TIME FOR KIDS STUFF ... SO WE GOT A (FREE) KID TO DO IT
- 11. CUSTOMER SERVICE AGGRAVATORSPR AGENCY IS GETTING CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE REQUESTS AND ARE NOT DEALING WITH THEM
- 12. MIXED MESSAGES? Some rights reserved by HGruberYOU HAVE OPENED THE PANDORAS BOX AND SOCIAL MEDIA IS OUT OF CONTROL
- 13. RELATIONSHIPSTHE SOCIAL BUSINESSEXAMPLE - ZAPPOS : CAN SEE THE BENEFIT FOR INTERNAL COMMS, SALES, CUSTOMER SERVICE
- 14. INTERNAL BARRIERS Use free (cheap tools) as a trial rst to overcome the FD Create social media policy to please HR and protect the company Incentivise employees to use intranet or internal comms tools Show customer service that social media enquiries reduce calls Justify to IT that blocks on Facebook are stopping customers from being served Show the sales teams there is gold in them hills!
- 15. NOW FOR THE HOW TO...
- 16. B2B SOCIAL MEDIA MYTH
- 17. LISTEN - ANALYTICS Free tools: Topsy, Facebook insights and GA Middle sized tools - UberVu or SWIX Uber tools - Radian6 + Webtrends
- 18. WHY LISTEN?Customer service issuesCompetitor analysis andbenchmarkingGreat ideas across theorganisationVisibility of what isactually going on...Evidence of buyingbehaviour
- 19. TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT THEMSELVES AND THEY WILL LISTEN TO YOU FOR HOURS
- 20. BLOGGER RELATIONS High prole blogging support of the Get Together launch
- 21. GUEST BLOGGERS
- 22. CUSTOMER SERVICE
- 23. SOCIAL PROOF IS KING Client video Encourage reviews Case studies Comments Tweets!
- 24. SOCIAL PROOFA rather fetching deliveryman just brought me astunning @BrabantiaLife bread-bin......love atrst sight, the bread-bin that is!Ohhh yes I would love these as an addition to mykitchen worktop storage :-)@BrabantiaLife you create beautifully designedproducts. Thank you my prizes arrived. The slidebin is class. #ironinstyleSecond, Brabantia bin win. Bought 9 yrs ago, lidbroke. Rang them & getting new one on 10 yrguarantee I didnt know existed, no qs askI love my Brabantia bin and their customerservice is excellentHave you seen the cool new @BrabantiaLifeColour Bins? CLB hearts them http://t.co/QUnh2nk
- 25. CONTENT IS KING
- 26. Twitter content Talk less about your company 1/10 Industry content of interest to target Human audience Humans Tweet not brands Industry Target the customer Be a resource and try to be interesting YOU Ask your customers what content they would like?
- 27. CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPSLISTEN! Do not broadcastInvolve them in your content, product and service creationFun reasons to relate to your organisationEmpower your consumerFan of the week! Image Creative Commons @Johnhadon
- 28. FACEBOOK ADVERTISING Small and niche Target friends of existing fans A-B testing Colour grabs attention Optimal CTR: 0.11%-0.16% Above Avg CTR: 0.07%-0.09% Average CTR: 0.04%-0.05% Ask questions your targets Below Avg CTR: 0.02%-0.03% will say yes to Poor CTR: 0.01% Strong call to action for likes
- 29. ENGAGEMENT OF FANSNewsfeed (most popular)Vary content - photosBuild a sense of communityGive them a fun reason to engagePoll - what content they would like?Reward fans i.e. achievement of the month
- 30. APPS AND COMPETITIONS Simple Twitter competition for a money cant by object Ask for funding submissions via a landing page on Facebook Landing pages assist conversions Contact and enquiry forms ContactMe Offerpop Pagemodo
- 31. THE SECRET TO SEDUCTION CC Flickr > Camera Eye Photography
- 32. HEADLINESSell your post!Lists 5-7 tipsHOW TO:ShortSpecicYes / No questionsYou need this...
- 33. W/C: 16/01/12 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday FridayBlog outputs Tip Main blog Links and News for the Weekend Nutrition tip Sign posting funding in SW - Poll on the best sporting events for the weekend Top five funding opportunities on Facevook for your sport Video about 2012 Inspire RT - Sporting events for the weekendTwitter Promote TIP / RTs Ask questions regarding Promote blog RT - Funding Follow Fridays corporate news blog / topic sources EDITORIAL SCHEDULE
- 34. BRAINSTORM
- 35. Sales myth Image: Courtesy of the BBC
- 36. Be realistic about sales Set realistic targets SMART Building relationship takes time Social media is not a quick buck channel Avoid the hard sell Listen for buying signals using strategic search Eliminate cold calling 1/10 products and services sale
- 37. Business Development Follow target companies Search your network Ask for introductions Join groups that help your goal Background info on prospects (rapport) Connect with clients, former clients and prospects Events / Location Tripit - Get a meeting!
- 38. LISTEN! Search for known problems Seekpeople looking for or seeking recommendations Monitor your brand name
- 39. GIVEASK THANKDO SMALL GOODS REID HOFFMAN - FOUNDER LINKED IN
- 40. STRATEGY FOR SALES1. Awareness (and all that you have to offer)2. Education and solve timely problems3. Engagement and social proof4. Action5.Repeat - Build your email list / RSS / Fans
- 41. INCREASE SALESLISTENING FOR BUYING SIGNALSGIVE, THANK AND RECEIVE DO SMALLGOODS#MSSFR REFERRAL TWITTERSOLVE YOUR CLIENTS PROBLEMS WITH SEOOPTIMISED CONTENTCOPY THAT CONVERTSBE TIMELY AND PLAN CONTENT FORCUSTOMER NEEDSCALLS TO ACTION AND ASK FOR THE SALE
- 42. Zappos > Online customer service, product knowledge and online sales Indium - blogging and consultative sale@Pearcafe - Excellent online customer service book lunch take awayDell - Great use of last minute sales / Twitter discounts
- 43. YOUR BOSS IS NOT GOING TO AGREE IFIT COSTS THE EARTH AND THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF CUSTOMERS USING IT...
- 44. HOW MUCH TIME SHOULDBE SPENT?SET COMMERCIAL OBJECTIVES: SALES,UNDERSTANDING & ENQUIRIES DEALT WITH ETCNUMBER OF MENTIONS AND QUERIES THATNEED RESPONDING TO NOWTIME PER RESPONSE X NO. OF RESPONSESCOST OF DELIVERY (TIME SPENT) VSPOTENTIAL SALESSPLIT TIME OVER CHANNELS WITH A FOCUSBASED ON MONITORING (SHARE OF VOICE)
- 45. HOW MUCH TIME SHOULDBE SPENT?SIMPLE AND MEASURABLE (CLICKS ANDFANS)ATTAINABLE (REMEMBER THE BOSS MAYSHUT IT DOWN IF YOU DONT!)REALISTIC (73% OF FACEBOOK PAGES HAVELESS THAN 1000 FANS)TIMELY (IN TIME FOR PAY DAY)
- 46. MEASUREMENT &GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- 47. GOOGLE ANALYTICS Visitors / Uniques Sources of trafc Bounce rate Popular content Search terms Custom reports Goals Sales / Enquiries
View more >