chris roebuck - presentation
out of 25
Post on 16-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Why is investment in HR not delivering its potential ROI ? Chris Roebuck, Visiting Professor of Transformational Leadership, Cass Business School, London
- 2. Critical questions Why has the great strategic and operational work that HR delivered not delivered the benefit it could have ? How can we make sure it does ? And get HR the credibility it deserves ?
- 3. 2004 the moment of truth ! 4 HR CAN ONLY ENABLE SUCCESS THROUGH OTHERS
- 4. HR is at a critical moment + CEOs /Boards now accept importance of HCM + Capability in HR is growing + HR is getting better at strategic interventions - Change has been forced on organisations by market and economics. - Internally organisations have not changed enough - Finance sees itself as a change driver
- 5. 55% : more work than time THE WORLD HAS CHANGED
- 6. 40% SKILLS
- 7. CULTURE
- 8. 60% want to give their best 42% say the organisation STOPS them.
- 9. 40% my boss is not good
- 10. workplace pressure led to bad behaviour with friends & family 59%
- 11. LEADERS MUST CHANGE BUT NEED HR HELP TO DO IT
- 12. IMAGINE ...
- 13. MOTIVATED INSPIRED BEST BOSS
- 14. You having a BEST BOSS and being a BEST BOSS or INFLUENCER
- 15. Everyone is a leader of others
- 16. Emotion is key Decision to give high performance is 57% rational / 43% emotional Line manager accounts for 80% of the emotional !
- 17. IN ONLY 2 STEPS
- 18. Inspiring & enabling best performance :
- 19. BELIEF 20 FAIRNESS
- 20. SIGNIFICANT PROVEN 30% more effort from 60% of people Asking me for my ideas Was fair Led by example Was honest Acted with integrity Respected me as a person & professional Praised and encouraged me Backed me up when required Listened to me Backed me up when required Empowered me and let me get on with things Inspired me Made me part of a mutually supportive team Developed my skills and my career Showed they cared Didnt blame me for genuine mistakes Set realistic but challenging targets Kept me informed about whats going on Explained how we fitted into the bigger picture
- 21. Then focus that on what REALLY MATTERSPURPOSE CONTEXT COLLABORATION ITS ABOUT WE NOT ME !
- 22. ONLY HR CAN LEAD THIS TRANSFORMATION 23
- 23. Key ideas No matter how good : The strategic and operational HR work The Board buy in The volume of downward communication Its line manager skills and behaviour that delivers : Financial performance Customer service Risk management Brand image Cost efficiency Innovation Constant change and improvement
- 24. 25 Why should people care about you or the organisation or its customers if YOU and the ORGANISATION dont show them you care about them ?
- 25. 26
View more >