check out library ebooks for your black and white kindle library card number and pin. click kindle...
Post on 12-Jun-2020
Embed Size (px)
Check out library eBooks
for your Black and White Kindle
Get started Borrow Kindle books and send them to your black and white Kindle or free Kindle reading app using OverDrive. You will need an Amazon account number and password and a Batavia Public Library card and PIN. If you have never used your PIN, the default after the SWAN migration will be the last four digits of your phone number. If you have forgotten your PIN, call the Library and we can reset your PIN.
Visit the Batavia Public Library homepage, www.bataviapubliclibrary.org. Mouse over the Books, Movies, More button and click on the link for eBooks & eMedia, then on the eMediaLibrary button. Sign in with your library card number and PIN.
Click Kindle Books to bring up all Kindle titles available. Use the left sidebar to limit the results by genre. You can also do an advanced search to find a particular author or title.
When you are ready to check out, click Borrow and select your lending period, from seven to 21 days. If the button says Place a hold, it is not currently available. Click the link to hold the item and you will receive an email when the book is available for you.
On the right side of the Amazon page that pops up, choose a device to which to download the item and click the button that says Get library book. Make sure you are connected to a WiFi network. (The item will not sync using 3G. See other side for instructions on connecting to WiFi.) Sync your device to download the item if it does not appear.
• If you need to download again during the loan period, visit your Amazon account and select Manage Your Content and Devices. From Your Content, select the Actions button next to the book that you want to return. Select Return This Book, and then select Yes in the pop-up window.
• If prompted to download via USB, plug your Kindle into your computer and download the title to your computer’s desktop. Drag and drop the file onto the Kindle device’s icon.
Under My Account, go to your Loans page and select Read now with Kindle. You will be taken to Amazon.com. Sign in with your Amazon account information.
Revised 6/6/19 CE
Connecting to Wi-Fi for color Kindle Fire tablets
1. Tap the Quick Settings icon in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.
2. Select Wi-Fi. 3. Make sure Wireless Network is on. 4. A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a
moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear, click the box next to Wireless Network off and on to refresh the list.
5. Click the name of the network to which you wish to connect. You may need to scroll through the list of available networks.
6. Click Connect. If a lock symbol appears next to your network, you will need to enter a password.
Connecting to Wi-Fi for black and white Kindles
1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button. 2. Use the five-way controller to select Settings. 3. Next to Wi-Fi Settings, select View to display a list
of detected WiFi networks. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. Select rescan if no network appears.
4. Select connect to connect to a network. Enter the Wi-Fi network password if necessary.
Instructions found at http://www.amazon.com/ kindlesupport