out of 17
Post on 27-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION2010 Highlights and Accomplishments from Grace Hill
- 1. Celebrating Grace Accomplishments from the 2010 Calendar Year
- 2. Innovative,Innovative Award Winning Grace Hill AmeriCorps program was named one of 52 of the Most I M Innovative i AmeriCorps State Programs in the United States
- 3. Major Investment in Healthcare Dr. Mary Wakefield, Administrator of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) S d S presented a check for $2,147,821 from the Affordable Care Act.
- 4. Soaring Parent Satisfaction 95% of parents said they were satisfied overall with Head Start Parents overwhelmingly agree that staff treat them with courtesy and respect
- 5. Creating Community In May, Grace Hill Neighborhood Health Centers completed the first p stage of the Grace Hill College Hill Community Initiative at the Water Tower Campus by opening the 18,500 sq. foot Water Tower Health Center.
- 6. Award-winningAward winning Staff Coretha Bynum-Dabney received the 2010 PNC Bank Early Childhood Education Award at the St. Louis American Foundations Salute h d l to Excellence in Education Harriet Foiles, Disabilities Coordinator, won the State, Regional and National Margaret Coughlin Memorial Award for Head Start y Coordinator of Disability Services
- 7. Expanding Our Reach Grace Hill South Health Center on South Broadway expanded resulting in a newly, modernized Community Health Center for South City.
- 8. Launched New Programs Afterschool Program expanded f h l d d to 7 schools; serving over 200 children. Launched Early Head Start program serving 20 infants/pregnant mothers and i f t/ t th d their families.
- 9. Increased scope of services Speech and Language Diagnosis and Therapy were added to the services offered in the Childrens Developmental Center. D l lC
- 10. Recognition for ExcellenceGrace Hill Settlement House wasawarded the Quality of Life Awardby the St. Louis DevelopmentCorporation.CorporationRod Jones was honored asNon-Profit Executive of the Yearby h The St. Louis Americanb the Th S L i A iFoundation, St. Louis RCGA, andthe Urban League of MetropolitanSt. Louis.
- 11. College Hill ProjectInitiated and led the College Hill Collaborative of Service Providers gEstablished neighbor work groups to involve neighbors in thebetterment of their neighborhoodCollaborated with Midwest Bank to establish a h ll b d h d k bl h home l loan programfor North St. LouisHomeless forum with City of St. Louis with 70 service providers tocoordinate services to the chronically homeless
- 12. Collaborating for Excellence Grace Hill collaborates with the University of Missouri St Louis Missouri-St. (UMSL) School of Optometry to provide optometric services to all patients. patients Pediatric Optometry was added in 2010.
- 13. Chosen to Lead Selected as lead agency for the St Louis Children s St. Childrens Zone Project
- 14. Recognition of the Board Board Treasurer and Past President Jean Frazee was awarded the prestigious Samuel Rodgers Award for service to Community Healthcare Centers by th Mi b the Missouri Primary Care iP i C Association.
- 15. Staff Join The Cause Grace Hill Settlement House had 100% participation in the United Way Employee Campaign and raised 22% over the agency goal.
- 16. Improved Classroom Environments The quality of every q y y classroom has improved (based upon the Infant Toddler and Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scales). Average ECERS scores rose to 5.58 in PY09-10 from 4.22 in PY08-09. Average ITERS scores rose from 4.24 in PY08-09to 5.31 in PY09-10
View more >