C:\Documents And Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Weekened News3
Post on 01-Jul-2015
- 1. WEEKENED NEWS - 3
2. HP to buy ArcSight for $1.5b
ArcSight Software identifies Suspicious Activity on Corporate.
Hewlett-Packard, the worlds biggest personal computer maker, agreed to buy ArcSight for about $1.5 billion in cash to gain security software.
The deals follows purchases by HP in areas such as services, networking equipment and Smartphone's, lessening its dependence on lower margin computers and servers.
3. Data centers
The ArcSight acquisition will help HP serve the data center market, a linchpin of its growth strategy.
ArcSightalso specializes in programs that help companies and govt. agencies meet compliance requirements for their computer systems.
It has more than 1000 customers.
4. Airtel partners ibm for african market
Telecom operator Bharti Airtel has selected global technology giant IBM to manage the computing technology and its services across 16 African countries where it took over business from Zain Telecom.
Airtels goal of bringing affordable and innovative mobile services to remote locations in Africa.
5. IBM will deploy advanced technologies created by IBM research, including the spoken Web-a voice enabled Internet technology that allows users to access and share information simply by taking over an existing telephone.
The company had acquired Zains African operations for $10.7billion on March 30.2010.
6. Sensex scales Mt 19K again after 32 months
The Sensex zoomed by more than 408 points to cross the 19000 level for the first time in 32months on aggressive buying across banking, energy and realty sectors, sparked by robust factory output.
Reliance Industries,which holds the maximum weight in the sensex,bounced back smartly and ended with a net gain of3.58% at Rs.992.20.
7. The 30-share benchmark of BSE surged by 408.67 points,or 2.17% to 19208.33.
The NSE wide based 50-share Nifty index ended 2.13% higher at 5760.
8. Innovation new mantra in Steel production
With the steel prices in India being linked with global prices and demand falling to keep pace with the supply.
Steel makers are finding innovative ways to use the metal, bring down its cost of production.
9. The leading steel producer in the country, Essar Steel, is busy strengthening its retail business to ensure that its steel now reaches the smallest consumer