c:\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\myp\eco project
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. CHOITHRAM INTERNATIONAL Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.
2. This planet belongs to us, and it is not only our duty, but also our need to do everything in our ability to set it right. Each small step and every small action counts in the big scenario. Choithram International 3. We have started GREEN ECO CLUBin which the following are the objectives, to bring an awareness in the young hearts and setting a key to internationalism. Choithram International
- To protect and promote the Choithram Internationals environment.
- Creation of Productivelandthrough the kitchen garden / medicinal garden.
- To avoid unnecessary usage of paper and encouraging recycling .
- Organic Farming.
- Protection of wild Life (through
- nature club activities, for the welfare of the peacocks, new water bath, keeping in mind their declining population due to scarcity of water. which has alreadystarted.)
- Solid waste management.
- Placing dustbins at CI corners. (Civic Facility)
- Reducing Carbon footprint
- Recycling water
Choithram International 5.
- Our school follows an annual calendar with various activities related to preservation of the
- environment. Students from each grade actively participate in all the
- activities. This enables them to grow
- and comprehend our ecology in a much better manner. The calendar is planned meticulously by the Principal and staff to inculcate as much ecological awareness among the students.
6. Choithram International SCHOOL ACTIVITIES Contributing to student committees or organization(For example Radio, newspaper) In School campus 1 Hour 25/07/2009 Students find out (Interact) the Village problems (Data collection Poverty, illiterate, food, Disease) we will divide to students in four groups and give them one topic to collect the data or information.Visit to village5 Hours 18/07/2009 Choithram Cancer HospitalTree Plantation 1 Hour 16/07/2009 Helping to School or clean up after school activities School campus 1 Hour 11/07/2009 Plantation Day (Medicinal plant and seeds for peacock) School campus 1 Hour 02/07/2009 Marathon Race (Awareness for Van Mahotasava) Literary activityVan MahotasavIn School campus 1 Hour 01/07/2009 Particular Activity Hours Date 7. Choithram International. Conclusion (PPT Community ad service Report)Visit to village 5 Hour 31/10/2009 Participating in Volunteer work in school campus In School campus 1 Hour 10/10/2009 Assisting other students In School campus 1 Hour 19/09/2009 Participating in Volunteer work in school campus In School campus 1 Hour 12/09/2009 Service (In school boys hostel developing garden) In School campus 1 Hour 29/08/2009 Volunteer work in village(According to Previous data) Visit to village5Hours 19/08/2009 Organizing weekend activities for younger students in the PYP Students.In School campus 1 Hour 12/08/2009 Service (According to Previous data) In School campus 1 Hour 04/08/2009 8. The activities ranged from opening with Marathon Race planting trees, recitation, best out of waste, inter house skit competition ,drives for banning polythene ,development of Botanical gardens and garden for the peacocks in the campus. The fire ignited in the hearts of the children will burn even when the week is over and they will continue to save and preserve the environment Choithram International 9. 10. Van Mohatsavcelebrated from 1st July to 4th July 2009. Choithram International Lets make A difference Actions speak louder than words and the C.I. family not only preaches but practices this maxim. The school celebrated an environment week where the students took concrete actions to save the environment by planting the trees. There was Plethora of activities during the week long celebration, where the students pledged to save and work for the environment. 11. Choithram International Plantation Day(Medicinal plant and seeds for peacock) Our school has taken the initiative to grow medicinal plants inside the school campus. Herbs and plants make up a large portion of the ingredients used by people throughout the ages to help combat disease and illness. Many of these medicinal plants are still used today all around the world.The leaves of these plants are used by the students for experiments in the science lab. 12. Choithram International Helping to clean up a school in a villageOur school has adopted a village, Todi. Where the students and staff provide services for the betterment of the community. The students provide community service, clean the public areas, provide information regarding education, heath and diseases.No work is big or small, students contribution towards making environment neat and cleana beginningtowards new world. 13. 14. Water Recycling
- As a part of our contribution towards the environment we have built a water recycling plant in the school campus. All the used water on daily basis is recycled here and later used for sanitation and watering the plants.
- The water recycling unit has a capacity of 320000 litres per day.
- The water recycling unit is spread in an area of 100 sq.ft.
- The sludge obtained from contaminated water is used as manure in the school garden.
- It has six large containers where the water is treated. In the first container the impure water is collected, the second container splits the water with high pressure, the third container treats the water, the fourth container is a geyser where the water is chlorinated and finally the treated water is stored in a large tank.
- The tank has a capacity to store up to 1Lac litres of treated water in the unit.
- The recycling unit works round the clock.
15. E.T.P PLANT 16. IMPURE WATER TANKSLUDGE USED AS MANURESPLITTING TANK CHLORINATION TANKPRESSURE SANDTREATED WATER TANK FILTER UNIT 17. Preservation of endangered species : Peacock
- As a part of the curriculum the students of grade V participated in several activities. Sixteen students took part in a pre-determined and well constructed course of activities for two months.
- Talk Guest speaker Mr. Rana (Horticulturist) gave a small talk to students on the welfare of the peacocks, keeping in mind their declining population due to scarcity of water. which is alreadystarted.
- Power point presentation The students gave a power point presentation each on the endangered species peacock.
- They visited the zoo and met the manager Dr. Porwal who answered their queries.
- The students also met Mr.Hirji (Retd.IAS) who has a keen inclination towards the preservation of birds.
- Skit Grade V students presented a skit.
- Misc.activities The students made bird houses, water baths and feeding points at various places in the school campus.
18. 19. Recycling At our school students and staff consciously takes severalmeasures to avoid wastage of paper,plastics and electricity. The school encourages to use recycled or handmade paper for projects, assignments and submissions. We avoid wastage of paper by simple measures like printing on both sides, minimizing usage of papers and giving electronic assignments. 20.
- A calender has been constructed keeping in mind several activities to encourage ecological awareness among the students.
Contributing to student committees or organization(For example Radio, newspaper) In School campus 1 Hour 18/09/2010 PP Presentation (awareness programme)World Literacy day Assembly 8/09/2010 Two days camping in todi village (According to Previous data) Visit to village5 Hours 21/08/2010 Participating in Volunteer work in olds home Visit to olds home 2 Hour 14/08/2010 Power Point Presentation on world youth day World youth day Assembly 12/08/2010 Students find out (Interact) the Village problems (Data collection Poverty, illiterate, food, Disease) we will divide to students in four groups and give them one topic to collect the data or information. Visit to village 5 Hour 31/07/2010 Orientation Programme ,Collect c & s dairy,Review of 1 styear summary In School campus 2 Hour 17/07/2010 Power Point Presentation on world population World Population Day Assembly 11/07/2010 Marathon Race (Awareness for Van Mahotasava) Literary activityVan MahotasavIn School campus 1 Hour 01/07/2010 Particular Activity Hours Date 21. Volunteer work in village(According to Previous data) Visit to village 5 Hour 08/01/2011 Power Point Presentation on HR Human Rights Day Assembly 10/12/2010 Participating in Volunteer work in school campus In School campus 1 Hour 04/12/2010 Volunteer work in village(According to Previous data) Visit to village 5 Hour 27/11/2010 Service (In school boys hostel developing garden) In School campus 1 Hour 20/11/2010 Power Point Presentation on UN United Nations day Assembly 24/10/2010 Volunteer work in village(According to Previous data) Visit to village5Hours 22/10/2010 Organizing weekend activities for younger students in the PYP Students.In School campus 1 Hour 09/10/2010 Service (According to Previous data) Visit to village 5 Hour 25/09/2010 Power Point Presentation on NSS National Service Scheme Assembly 24/09/2010 22. Power Point Presentation onWorld healthday and Submitting c & s dairySelf Evaluation Summary World health day Assembly 07/04/2011 Conclusion (PPT Community ad service Report) Visit to village 5 Hour 05/03/2011 Power Point