C:\documents and settings\administrador\meus documentos\presentation1
Post on 26-Jun-2015
- 1. How to win an argument with a creationist BCC Focus Magazine Searching for God in The Brain www.scientificamerican.com
2. Is the identification of brains functions associated with mystical experiences a prove of Gods existence or a consequence of mens evolutionary process? 3. Evolution. 4. God in the Brain
- Researchers are attempting to pin down what happens in the brain when people experience mystical awakenings during religious activities.
- Darwinists attributes every function of human body to the natural selection process.
- Researchers assume the positive effect of religious experiences in making people happier, healthier and better able to concentrate.
- For Darwinists survivorship depends on the adaptability to the environment.
5. God in the Brain The height of this meditative trance was associated with both a large drop in activity in a portion of the parietal lob, which encompasses the upper back of the brain, and an increase in activity in the right prefrontal cortex, which resides behind the forehead. Is the believe in God part of the human beings evolutionary process? 6. Evolution?
- Finding spirituality in the brain implies that religion is nothing more than divine delusion.
- A physical and psychological process.
- Feelings can be related to specifics brains activities.
- The brain is a result of the evolutionary process.
- It is possible to induce the feelings of faith artificially.
- Therefore, God is an illusion produced by the human beings brain.
7. Gods Inexistence To prove that specific areas of our brain are responsible for the development of feelings related to faithful spiritual experiences is to deny Gods existence as a being outside man. He is, therefore, a product of human mind anddoes notexist independently of men. 8. Scientific prove of Gods.Existence. 9. God in the Brain
- There is no single God spot, localized uniquely in the temporal lobe of the human brain. These states are mediated by a neural network that is well distributed throughout the brain.
- Individual differences might exist in the brains activities related to religious feelings.
- If the development of God in the brain was a result of evolution, it should has common mechanisms of producing feelings.
- The nun experience of God during the scanner was a emotionally powerfulmemoryof union with God.
10. Gods Existence?
- God cant be summoned at will.
- The brain activities, peculiar to mystical experiences, shows how God interacts with people.
- The brain scans provide confirmation of Gods interactions with people.
- For the nuns, serenity doesnotcome from asenseof God in their brains, but from an awareness of God with them in the world.
11. We are still not able to completely understand the roots of religious feelings, therefore, we cannot deny Gods existence based on the information we have. 12. Science vs. God. 13. Dilemma
- Researchers couldnt find singularities in brains activities that would related God to specifics mental processes.
- People may have different ways of accessing God.
- The necessity of spirituality is common to the human beings.
- Common characteristics constitutes the essence of a specie.
- The essence of a specie is defined by the evolutionary process.
- Science proved the evolutionary process as being natural in the environment.
- The believe in God is, therefore, a consequence ofevolution .
"If God did not exist, He would have to be invented."Voltaire 15. Conclusion. 16. Sciences explanations overcomes the religious versions 17. Sciences explanations overcomes the religious versions 18. Sciences explanations overcomes the religious versions