cape town design capital silicon cape
out of 21
Post on 07-Feb-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONCape Town-- designing a better city. how technology and the silicon cape adds to one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- 1. capetowndesigning a better city Matthew Buckland Managing Director Creative Spark Interactive IMG SRC: Flickr
- 2. making cape town a continentaltechnology hub like silicon valley
- 3. attract talent. encourage, support & inspire entrepreneurial ventures
- 4. why cape town? infrastructure, compact, existing internet companies
- 5. beautiful.
- 6. how the internet ischanging the world
- 7. age of entrepreneurentrepreneurial activity like we havenever seen before as a result of lowbarriers to entry on the internet
- 8. we are mobileincreased mobility: always connected,can work anywhere. thats why geekschoose Silicon Valley, thats why theychoose the Silicon Cape
- 9. a design revolutiontechnology & design are critical partners. we are seeing adesign revolution in technology. an entire industry createdcalled usability. and its no co-incidence that the worldsbiggest company has the most functional, beautifulproducts.
- 10. evolving webBrowser: Web in your browserVirtual: Web in virtual worldsAugmented: Web in the city
- 11. the web aspart of Cape Towns streets
- 12. Cape Towns designis as much virtual as it is real.
- 13. thank you!www.creativespark.co.za
View more >