c2.0 social media success jul12-pavs
out of 47
Post on 29-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 10 Top Tips & Tricks forSocial Media SuccessJosh Hoole Circuit Rider Development Manager, Communities 2.0
- 2. What well cover1. Overview of Social Media2. Whos Doing It3. Plan Your Strategy4. Brand Your Elements5. Measure Your Success6. Develop Your Strategy7. Next Steps
- 3. Your Organisation Reality check Whats your organisations attitude to technology? What is your leadership role? Who will drive any changes? Who will implement any changes? What support will you need?
- 4. Improve Your Online Presence - Why
- 5. Improve Your Online Presence - Why1. Your website is 1 in 270m2. Communicate efciently to and with your service users/members/ customers online3. Reach more people by going to where they are4. Drive relevant trafc to your website5. Increase number of members/ followers/enquiries/sales
- 6. Social Media in the UK 2011
- 7. One Simple AimMobilise the right people to take the right action at the right time
- 8. Whos Doing It?
- 9. Whos Doing It?
- 10. CoffeeThen lets getstrategic!
- 11. Plan Your Strategy5 Things Your Strategy Needs
- 12. Plan Your Strategy5 Things Your Strategy Needs1. Aligned to your business plan2. Knowledge of your audience3. Clear goals and measurements4. Great stories & lightweight media5. Integration
- 13. 5 Things Your Strategy NeedsAlign to Your Business Plan What is your mission What is your core business aim What are your core business objectives Communications plan?
- 14. 5 Things Your Strategy NeedsKnow Your Audience Where are they online What motivates them What do they like Learn from them/crowd source new ideas
- 15. 5 Things Your Strategy NeedsSet Goals and Measurements What KPIs are important to you SMART objectives Realistic and manageable targets Metrics spreadsheets to monitor progress Measure, Measure, Measure
- 16. 5 Things Your Strategy NeedsSource Stories and Lightweight Media Who are your best story tellers What engaging photos can you use What great videos can you create What multimedia do you have What can your clients/customers bring to thetable?
- 17. 5 Things Your Strategy NeedsIntegrate Your Efforts Cut across all departments Interlinking between all online presence Link back to your website Consistent look & feel
- 18. Share This andFind Us On
- 19. Share This andFind Us On
- 20. Also think about What should your online presence achieve? What information is most important? Who is your audience and where are they? What are competitors / similar organisationsdoing?
- 21. Lets get planning...
- 22. Lets get planning...Pages 6 - 9
- 23. Lunch Yum
- 24. Brand It All Up Integrate your efforts Its your organisation, notYouTubes! Align look and feel across alltools Simple changes = largeimpact
- 25. Brand It All Up St Davids Penknife Club - Local Fundraisers
- 26. Measure, Measure, MeasureMeaningful Metrics Set realistic goalsMetricMeasurementand a Measurement Grow Supporters List# Newsletter subs, Create a Metrics RSS Subscribersspreadsheet Increase Blog Average # comments/ Gather, analyse, act commentsposts perpetual loop Visitors to stay longer Stick rate, average on site time on site Increase action # petition signatures
- 27. Measure, Measure, MeasureMeaningful Metrics Use Google Analytics to see whose Tweets link to you Keep track of trafc referrers using Google analytics Discover the big inuencers who drive trafc to you? Track them and give them some love Bring them closer in Facebook Insights for FB activity and measuring audience TweetReach shows the, erm, reach of your tweets (!)
- 28. Measure, Measure, MeasureUseful Measurement Tools Bit.ly - Link shortener that tracks usage Google Alerts - Get emailed when people talk about you Socialmention.com - Real-time social media search and analysis search.twitter.com - Advanced twitter search twitterpowersearch.com - Multiple searches on one screen
- 29. Google Analytics
- 30. Google Analytics
- 31. Facebook Insights
- 32. TweetReach
- 33. CoffeeThen lets getstrategic!
- 34. So, Top 10 Tips
- 35. So, Top 10 Tips1. Align SocMed strategy to Business Plan
- 36. So, Top 10 Tips1. Align SocMed strategy to Business Plan2. Know your audience
- 37. So, Top 10 Tips1. Align SocMed strategy to Business Plan2. Know your audience3. Set Goals and Measurement Metrics
- 38. So, Top 10 Tips1. Align SocMed strategy to Business Plan2. Know your audience3. Set Goals and Measurement Metrics4. Source stories & lightweight media
- 39. So, Top 10 Tips1. Align SocMed strategy 6. Unify your look & feel to Business Plan 7.Track and target2. Know your audience referrers3. Set Goals and8.Measure your impact Measurement Metrics 9. Gather, analyse, act4. Source stories & 10. Adapt and be exible lightweight media5. Integrate your efforts
- 40. More planning...
- 41. More planning... Pages 11 & 13
- 42. Any Questions? ?
- 43. communities2point0.or@Communities2_00845 474 slideshare.net/PAVSCRC
View more >