Bunker Hill And Breed’S Hill
Post on 07-Jul-2015
- 1. Bunker Hill and Breeds Hill
- At night, Patriots dug trenches into Breeds Hill.
- To fortify hill
- By morning soldiers and trenches were covered
- Had little gunpowder
- Werent well trained
- Made every shot count by waiting until they saw the whites of their eyes
4. The Battle of Bunker Hill
- Took place on June 17, 1775, as part of the Siege of Boston during the American Revolutionary War.
- General Israel Putnam was in charge of the revolutionary forces, while Major-General William Howe commanded the British forces.
- Although the battle is known as "Bunker Hill", most of the fighting actually took place on the nearby Breed's Hill.
5. British Victory?
- British suffered more than 1000 casualties.
- On their third assault, the British forces overran the revolutionaries' fortified earthworks on Breed's and Bunker Hill.
- Afterwards, British General Henry Clinton remarked in his diary that"A few more such victories would have surely put an end to British dominion in America."
- Demonstrated that the Americans were willing to stand up to a pitched battle.
7. 8. 9. 10.
View more >
LEVELED READER • Y Independence BBattling forattling Y/ Patriots Take Ticonderoga . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 Bunker Hill (and Breed’s Hill) ...
Struggling Toward Saratoga. Battle at Bunker Hill Misnamed: Breed’s Hill, North of Boston. General Gage decided to attack colonial militia on a hill near.
The War Begins - 5 sec. 4 pdf.pdfTiconderoga gave the ... In Boston, Americans clashed with British troops at the Battle of Bunker Hill in June 1775. The Americans held Bunker Hill and Breed’s Hill.
The American People and the American Revolution Battle of Bunker Hill —Breed’s Hill? Americans react to the Revolution —Will he fight? William Prescott.
Revolutionary War Battles. Battle of Bunker Hill June 1775 Actually took place at Breed’s Hill The colonists build earthworks to protect themselves in.
Close Reading of Informational Text - Reading of Informational Text ... Bunker Hill and nearby Breed’s Hill—were alive ... canons captured at Fort Ticonderoga had never left
Battles of the Revolutionary War. Battle of Bunker Hill (Breed’s Hill) British General- Thomas Gage He and his men are cooped up in Boston They decide.
Ch. 6 And so it begins!. In preparation for a fight at Bunker Hill (Breed’s Hill) Rebels seek arms at Fort Ticonderoga. In preparation for a fight at.
Battles and Events of the American . Ticonderoga: Important for ammunition and weapons Later moved cannons and ammo to Boston, Mass. Battle of Bunker Hill (Breed’s Hill) •June 16, 1775 ...
Bunker Hill Mining and Metallurgical Complex, Idaho, ?· 2016-06-15 · Bunker Hill Mining and Metallurgical…
City of Bunker Hill Village Residential Cons of Bunker Hill Village City of Bunker Hill Village P 713-467-9762…