BTEC LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA in MUSIC UNIT 39: The Sound and Music Industry.
out of 41
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- BTEC LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA in MUSIC UNIT 39: The Sound and Music Industry
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Helps with major business decisions, assists with the creative process, promotes an artist's career, assembles & heads the artist's professional team, etc. Union Representative Promoter Agent Manager
- Slide 4
- The person involved almost exclusively in booking live personal appearances A&R Producer Promoter Agent
- Slide 5
- A&R, Sales, Marketing, Promotion, Product Management, New Media, Finance, Business Affairs/Legal Venue Record Studio Union Record Company
- Slide 6
- Networks that move records from manufacturing plants into the stores Record Company Retail Manufacturing Distribution
- Slide 7
- Record companies and recording artists, as well as the writers and publishers, all make money based on the sale of recordings, as well as through later playing and reuse of their work. Earnings Salary Fees Royalties
- Slide 8
- Bringing the creative product into a tangible form (i.e. CD) by maximizing the creative process and taking care of all necessary administration (booking studio time, staying on budget, etc.). Manager Agent Promoter Producer
- Slide 9
- A form of property ownership for certain types of artistic & creative works. Publishing Fees Royalties Copyright
- Slide 10
- Encourage new material, produce demo recordings and printed music (scores), manage all associated copyright and royalty licensing/PRS requirements. Union Representative Agent Promoter Publisher
- Slide 11
- Grants permissions to work with, study, improve upon, reinterpret, re-record copyright material (e.g. recording someone elses song). Example: NOW! CD PPL PRS MCPS
- Slide 12
- A musician who contributes to a recording or a live performance but is not actually a full time member of the band. Band Musician Full-time Musician Orchestra Musician Session Musician
- Slide 13
- Agencies that collect royalties on behalf of songwriters when a song they have written is performed PPL MCPS PRS
- Slide 14
- Who prepares & transfers audio from one raw format to a desired mater format and refines the sound quality Producer Sound Engineer Recording Engineer Mastering Engineer
- Slide 15
- Slide 16
- Organisation founded & funded by organisations that serves as their voice Organised group of workers to pursue policies that are favourable for the workers MU Equity BECTU (Union) Broadcasting & film Musicians Union Trade Body (Association) Union (Union) Actors, dancers, backstage, choreographers, directors Link the definition to the correct answer
- Slide 17
- Trade body for those involved in the PRODUCTION of recorded music (producers, engineers) Trade body for those involved in the AUDIO industry (audio engineer, recording studio) Trade body for those who supply LIGHTING and SOUND technologies They lobby (put pressure) the government for policies that will protect their industry Will represent a performer in case of a dispute over a contract or unfair dismissal Union PLASA MPG APRS Trade Body Continued
- Slide 18
- Slide 19
- What are the two major sources of income for a music publisher?
- Slide 20
- Which department of the record label works to get an artist's song played on radio?
- Slide 21
- A company with major networks that move physical records from manufacturing plants into the store
- Slide 22
- Who collects royalties for the writer/composer?
- Slide 23
- What is the main advantage to signing a record deal with a major label?
- Slide 24
- Which department of the record label handles advertising, publicity, and album- cover artwork?
- Slide 25
- Who collects royalties for the recording artist?
- Slide 26
- Slide 27
- What is the benefit of self-producing?
- Slide 28
- How do music artists make money?
- Slide 29
- Who pays for the PPL and PRS for Music?
- Slide 30
- List 3 things Marketing do
- Slide 31
- List 3 things Production do
- Slide 32
- List 1 thing Distribution does
- Slide 33
- List examples of New Media
- Slide 34
- Sales are in the area of
- Slide 35
- Describe Major Recording Companies
- Slide 36
- Describe Independent Recording Companies
- Slide 37
- Slide 38
- Oversee the recording of an artist Choose the music & organise rehearsals Choose suitable microphones Carry/ transport equipment to event Fix broken string Instrumental support Sound Engineer Producer Musical Director Roadie Link Description to Person
- Slide 39
- Organise tour dates & shows Check Health & Safety Schedule times in studio Publicise a concert Gather prices for advertisements Marketing Studio Management Artistic Management Venue Management Promoter More
- Slide 40
- Scouting for new talent Complete the audio mastering Create sequencer & apps Sells CDs Self-employed musician Freelance Software Engineer A&R Mastering Engineer Retail And more
- Slide 41
View more >
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Music Performance ... ?· 2018/2019 BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma…
LEVEL 3 BTEC SUB DIPLOMA MUSIC Work 2017/Level 3 BTEC... · LEVEL 3 BTEC SUB DIPLOMA MUSIC PERFORMANCE…
BTEC Level 3 Music 2016-17 - BTEC Level 3 ‐ Edexcel Aims of the course ... - Unit 36: Studying Music from Around the World - Unit 43: Special Subject Investigation Sub. Diploma Level ...
Unit 39: The Sound and Music Industry - TEAM MUSIC BTEC Level 3 Nationals specification in ... The Sound…
BTEC Level 3 Certiﬁ cate, BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary smartfuse.s3. Level 3 Certiﬁ cate, BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma, BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma, BTEC Level 3 Diploma and BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ... Contents The units for the BTEC qualifications in this specification are ...
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science ... BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science (Applied Physics) The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science (Applied ...
Creative Music Producer Diploma - City Leicester ?· Creative Music Producer Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma…
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT - Brooks and ?· The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in…
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT - ?· BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT (BTEC Subsidiary Diploma…
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Music - 1406 (Spalding) ??2016-09-13Performing Rights Society (PRS) Artists Agency ... UNIT 2 Professional Development in the Music Industry UNIT 2 Professional Development in the Music ... BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Music for Practical ...
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Creative Media Studies ... Title BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Creative Media Studies ... Unit 27: Factual Programming for TV ... Unit 44: Music Based Programming (radio)
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Music Assessment Schedule TERM 2 Level 3 Diploma in Music – Assessment Schedule TERM 2 ... Issue Week Grading Criteria Completion Week ... Unit 39 The Sound and Music Industry P3,M3,D3
Year 13 BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport ?· Year 13 BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport…