broken hearts email@example.com. question: the world likes to debate: why do bad things happen to...
out of 14
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Broken Hearts Khinckley1@yahoo.com
- Slide 2
- Question: The world likes to debate: Why do bad things happen to good people? Question: Why do good people do bad things?
- Slide 3
- What kind of person was King David? The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust; he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior... The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God. The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue Question- Was this psalm written before or after Davids sin with Bathsheba and Uriah? Answer: After- this psalm includes the last words before he died.
- Slide 4
- Tragic Story And it came to passat the time when kings go forth to battle David tarried still at Jerusalem. And it came to pass in an evening-tideDavid walked upon the roof of the king's house; andsaw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. And David sent and inquired after the woman David sent messengers, and took [Bathsheba]; and she came in unto him and he lay with her the woman conceived, andtold DavidI am with child. And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy house But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house And [David] wrote [to his battlefield general], saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him that he may be smitten, and die. And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab; and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittite died also.
- Slide 5
- When good people do bad things Heart full of Righteous Desires Reserve The Lord Satan 3 Nephi 12:19 And behold, I have given you the law and the commandments of my Father, that ye shall believe in me, and that ye shall repent of your sins, and come unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Contrite comes from the Hebrew word that means bruised
- Slide 6
- Ole steps to Repentance 1- Recognize the sin 2- Feel Remorse 3- Resolve to change the behavior 4- Relate the sin to proper authorites 5- Make Restitution 6- Refrain from the sin So what is wrong with this list?
- Slide 7
- Nephi knew! We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies Why? that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins!
- Slide 8
- Lawrence Flake BYU Professor Redeemer is the most important of the overlooked R wordsTo fail to recognize our complete dependence on the Savior in seeking and receiving forgiveness is to make a serious oversight. What a huge mistake to speak of the process of repentance and forgiveness as if it is somehow a do-it-yourself project.
- Slide 9
- Elder Holland Repentance is not easy or painless or convenient. It is a bitter cup from Hell. But only Satan, who dwells there, would have you think that a necessary and required acknowledgment is more distasteful than permanent residence. Only he would say, "You can't change. You won't change. It's too long and too hard to change. Give up. Give in. Don't repent. You are just the way you are." That, my friends, is a lie born of desperation. Don't fall for it.
- Slide 10
- King Benjamin And now, for the sake of these things which I have spoken unto you- that is, for the sake of retaining a remission of your sins from day to day, that ye may walk guiltless before God- I would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor, every man according to that which he hath, such as feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and administering to their relief, both spiritually and temporally, according to their wants. The final R word to repentance is living a Righteous life
- Slide 11
- Bro. Robert Millet It would be like finding my wife in the kitchen boiling twenty jars in a large container on the stove. I say to her, Shauna, what are you doing? Sterilizing jars,, she answers. I ask, Why are you sterilizing the jars? To get them clean. What are you going to do with the clean jars? Put them on the counter. What are you going to do with them there? Im going to put them there so everyone can see just how clean they are. What purpose will they serve? People will know we have clean jars.
- Slide 12
- Elder Featherstone One day a woman came to my business office. She leaned across the desk and said, "President, I have carried a transgression on my heart for thirty-four years that I cannot carry one more step in this life. I know how tenderhearted you are, and I wouldn't add one particle of a burden to your soul." I said, "My dear sister, before you go on, let me share with you a principle of the gospel. When you take a burden off your soul, it is lifted from the priesthood leader's soul also." She said, "I know I will be cast out; I know I will be excommunicated, but does it have to be forever? Thirty-four years ago, before my first husband and I were married, I was involved in an abortion. Since that time, I have felt like a murderess. It was my husband's idea, and I did not resist. I had an abortion. Later we got married. He was unfaithful constantly during the first two years of our marriage.
- Slide 13
View more >
BAD APPLES IN BAD BARRELS REVISITED: COGNITIVE 79610/Ashkanasy-Windsor... · BAD APPLES IN BAD BARRELS…
Valencia sailing conditions: April 2007. The facts The big question Is Valencia a bad venue, or is April 2007 just an extremely bad month? This is
Bad I Bath. - TRUFFER ?· Bad I Bath. Bad I Bath. Bad I Bath. Bad I Bath. Bad I Bath. Bad I Bath. Bad…
16030 BAD-MUTEX NI-SANTE ?· tionnaires : ADREA Mutuelle, APREVA, EOVI MCD ... pour toute question liée…
Eternal Plan of Happiness Khinckley1@yahoo.com. Question: If you could reduce the Great Plan of Salvation to just one word, what would it be?
Wisdom and Plans. Bad Plans Lead to Bad Places 1. Bad Planning 2. Planning Bad Bad Plans Lead to Bad Places