breakfast with the firm - social media for recruitment
Post on 19-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA really useful presentation for recruiters showing them how to plan and set up their social media strategy for recruitment purposes
- 1. Social Media for recruitmentJoining the conversation
2. Who are we?
- Andy Hendon Group Account Director
- Ben Nunn Head of Digital
- Paul Harrison MD - Carve Consulting
- Mark Beavan Head of Digital Bristol
- Debbie Smith Head of Media
- Caroline Winder Head of Graduates
3. What todays all about
- A (quick) bit about us
- The changing media landscape
- Corporate Social Networking
- Workshop creating a CSN Roadmap
- Conclusions / Top tips
4. Who are ThirtyThree?
- Largest independent recruitment comms agency
- Full-service agency
- 86 people, 26.5m revenue
- 29 awards in 8 years
- London, Bristol and Edinburgh
- Employer brand consultancy
- Global network
5. What do we do?
- Employer reputation management
- Employer strategy & implementation
- Web design & build
- Corporate social networking / HR PR
- Employee communications
- Graduate communications & campus marketing
- Digital solutions
- Online marketing
6. Who do we work with? 7. The changing media landscape 8. The Good Old Days 9. And then came the internet 10. 11. The Media Landscape But now things arent so simple 12. Corporate Social Networking (CSN) 13. So, what is social networking?
- A new way of working/thinking
- The quickest growing medium ever!
- A platform toengage , andshareknowledge
- A powerful tool
- but is it really the panacea?
14. Why do you need to take part?
- Conversations are taking place with or without you
- Does this matter?
- Brands are beingdefinedby individualsexternalto the organisation
- Often, based onill-informedopinions
- Candidates are using these platforms tovalidateyou as an employer
- Unprecedented opportunities to build rich, personal relationships with potential candidates
- Engage existing employees, as well as past/future talent
15. So where are they taking place?
- Social Networks
- Business Networks
- Micro-blogs, Social bookmarks
- Wikis, other participatory / user-generated media
- Virtual Worlds
- And many more
16. The options are, seemingly, endless 17. All of this enables you to
- Showcase the real you
- Really deliver your employer brand
- Broaden your recruiting horizons
- Seek out and engage with your target candidates
- Build relationships
- Face rather than hide from the future
18. But .. 19. Get the basics right first...
- Destination engaging, fit for purpose
- Efficient application process
- Consistency across all platforms job postings, print ads, posters, blogs, social media
- Applications vs building your reputation
- Measurement/effectiveness what is working for you?
20. Workshop: Joining In Creating a Corporate Social Networking roadmap 21. Stage 1: Plan 22. Plan Identify / define objectives
- Your objectives
- Decided upon your challenges
- Reduce cost / time to hire / reliance on agencies
- Passive candidates / quality of hire
- Dialogue with market
23. Stage 2: Listen 24. Listen
- Monitor conversations now Social Audit
- Identify possible:
- Based on 390 URL featured conversations over past 30 days
- Primarily job / opportunity focused
Listen: Share of voice 26. Brand
- Based on 724 [Brand + recruitment] conversations over past 30 days
- Conversations primarily job opportunity focussed
Listen: Share of voice 27. Listen: Brand Buzz 30 days 476 comments 163 comments 31 comments 35 comments 28. Topic Cloud From 229comments 29. Listen Active listening
- Variety of free and paid-for tools out there
- Consider context
- Listen / response plan
- Real time alerts are key
30. Listen 31. Listen a great example 32. Stage 3: Implement 33. Implement: Platforms overview 34. Implement: Choose your platform(s) 3Cs... 35. Implement 36. Implement: Workflow 37. Implement: branding, tone of voice 38.
- Comms / Legal / HR
- Intern / Twintern?
- Let everyone know
- Responses/ FAQ
- Social Recruiting Roadmaps
- Role of Community Managers
Implement: Building a team 39. Implement: Claim yourname 40. Stage 4: Engage 41. Engage: Influencers & advocates 42.
- Social Recruiting from the bottom up
- Provide a Reason
- Best Buys
- Blue shirt nation
- Key points
- Backed by Action programme
Engage: 44. Engage: Portable content 45. Engage: Crisis management
- Voice of God
- Enter the conversation
- Process / People / Listening tools in place
46. Stage 5: Measurement & KPIs 47. Measure
- Share of voice
- Ongoing buzz
- Any other example measurements?
48. So what could this look like? 49. 50. Building a strategy to summarise
- Stage 1:Plan
- Stage 2:Listen
- Stage 3:Implement
- Stage 4:Engage
- Stage 5:Measure
51. 10 top tips for the future
- Dont believe the hype
- Focus your efforts
- Get the basics right
- Create a sensible, achievable roadmap
- Then commit to it
- Be authentic
- Believe in dialogue
- Be open to new ideas
- Plan, monitor, review and revise evolvestrategy
- Dont be afraid!
52. Thank you
- Any questions?