Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation for Rotary clubs in Brazil
2. India SaysHello to Brazil 3. Rotary Internationalin India RI Dist:3140Extends their Heartiest Thanks to Rotarians in Sao Palo, Brazil for this opportunity. 4. All the members of the Rotary Club of Mumbai Lakers extends their warm regards to you all. 5. India: General Facts
- Area: India has an area of 3,287,240 sq. km. It is the seventh largest country of the world
- Population: 1 Billion plus, only after China
- Although India occupies only 2.4% of the world's land area, it supports over 15% of the world's population. Only China has a larger population. Almost 40% of Indians are younger than 15 years of age
- Number of states in India: The total count of number of states in India stands at 29 and has 6 union territories.
- Languages: There are a total of 15 languages scheduled for official use.
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 6. Amazing Facts about India and Indians
- India is the world's largest, oldest, continuous civilization.
- India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
- Varanasi, also known as Benares, was called "the ancient city" when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C.E, and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
- India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
- The World's first university was established in Takshashila in 700BC.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 7. Amazing Facts about India and Indians
- India is one of the few countries in the World, which gained independence without violence.
- India has the second largest pool of Scientists and Engineers in the World.
- India is the largest English speaking nation in the world.
- India is the only country other than US and Japan, to have built a super computer indigenously.
- The four religions born in India, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, are followed by 25% of the world's population.
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 8. History of Rotary India
- 1919: Rotary reaches INDIA
- 1920: RC CALCUTTA formed with 20 members RJ Coombs Chartered on 1-1-1920
- 1929: RC Bombay formed on 9 thMarch Jim Davidson 38 members
- 1936: 1 stever Indian Discon held at Madras ( Chennai)
- 1937: 1 stIndian DG appointed, Sir Pheroze Sethna
- 1946: 7 Districts created in India numbered 88-94.
- 1970: 13 districts created in India numbered 305 -326, thus Dist 314 was created.
- 1990:314 splits to make 3140, 3030, India has 28 districts 301-329
- Thus DISTRICT is 3140 born, spread over revenue districts of Bombay and
- Thane having 48 clubs initially and now 122 clubs.
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 9. ROTARY INTERNATIONAL STRATEGIC PLAN
- Vision :this service organization of choice with dynamic,action oriented clubs whose contributions improve lives in communities worldwide .
- SUPPORT AND STRENGTHEN CLUBS
- Foster club innovation and flexibility
- Balance activities in all four Avenues of Service
- Promote membership diversity
- Improve member recruitment and retention
- Develop leaders
- Extend Rotary
- Encourage strategic planning at club and district levels
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 10. ROTARY INTERNATIONAL STRATEGIC PLAN
- FOCUS AND INCREASE HUMANITAINAN SERVICE
- Eradicate polio
- Increase sustainable service focused on
- Youth and young adult programs
- The Rotary foundations six areas of focus
- Expand strategic partnerships and cooperative relationships
- Create significant projects both locally and internationally
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 11. ROTARY INTERNATIONAL STRATEGIC PLAN
- ENHANCE PUBLIC IMAGE AND AWARENESS
- Unity image and brand awareness
- Publicize action oriented service
- Promote core values
- Emphasize vocational service
- Encourage clubs to promote their networking opportunities and signature activities
- CORE VALUES:Service, fellowship, diversity, integrity and leadership
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 12. R.C. MUMBAI LAKERS S.E.C S.E.C 13. Our District achievements 2010-11
- Co Hosted the Membership Seminar
- Co Hosted the TRF Seminar
- Co Hosted the RYLA
- Co Hosted The MUNA
- Contributed $1000 towards the District Check Dam Project
- Contributed $1000 towards the District RubellaProject
- Successfully completedDistrict Grant project of village
- Global Grant Project at Jawahar
- Applied for EREY status
- Hosted the GSE Team
- Started the Rotary Friendship Exchange with partners from Japan
14. In July 2010Wehad a Membership strength of 21 members Today we are at 45 MORE THAN 100 % GROWTH. Beyond our regular Thursday meetings and fellowshipswe meet on various occasions over breakfast forplanning various activities Our Club Levelachievements 2010-11 15. 16. 17. 18. District Grant Application(Village Solar Electrification) 36 HOUSES AND 3 STREETSOLAR POWERED VILLAGE AINA - JAWAHAR 19. VIDYA(helping slum children) Took the children on an educational trip to Nehru Science centreMade large story books so thatchildren can be read aloud to 20. . SEC: (Assisting children with multiple disabilities) Donated a computer Room with 5 computers 21. HOSTED THE GSE 22. BALANAND (Orphanage)
- Observed Family Day with these orphans and entertained them with a magician
- Donated 2 washing machines
23. DHANJIDEVSHI(School for mentally challenged)
- Painting Contest Organized during Rotary Service week
- Organizeddance classes so that they could participate
- in acompetition.
- Pay for a physiotherapist
- Hearing aids, Dental Check up, Health Check up
- Remedial room
24. Dhanji Devanshi School Medical Check Up camp Dental Check up and treatment Eye camp and donation of spectacles Donation Of Hearing aids Surgery of a child suffering from Perforated ear drum 25. Special Room for the Disabled children 26. School of the Adivasi (village) Children at Jawahar Donated school uniforms for 995 children Donated pencil boxes for 180 children 27. Blood Donation Drive 28. SKIN DONATION AWARENESS SEMINAR CREATED A CENTRE FOR THE SAME 29. VILLAGE PARDHEE PADADonated Toys Donated clothes and utensils School Bags were donated 30.
- Organized a Christmas party
- Donated a Water Cooler
31. T-10 set up stalls for GODS. SEC,Victoria Memorial School 32. Breast Cancer Awareness walk Spreading the need for awarenessandprevention of Breast Cancer 33. PULSE POLIOTOUCHED 3600 + AT THE BOOTHS ON EVERY IMMUNISATION DATE FIXED 34.
- At Rotary Lakers we have:
- Involvement of all members, spouses and children
- End Polio Car Rally
- Daud Meetings
- Global Grant Celebration
- Felicitation of GSE
- Christmas Party
- Diwali Celebration
- Fellowship evenings
- Movie outings
Picnic Cricket Badminton Instillation Marathon Cooking Contest 35. 36. 37. Youth Programs: Participated in RYLA 38. Youth Programs: Participated in MUNA 39. Mission
- We provide service to others, promote integrity and advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through our fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 40. Lets Explore opportunities to work together
- Club Level
- Global Grants
- District Level
- Short term youth exchange
- Long term youth exchange
- Rotary friendship Exchange
04/03/11 Template copyright 2005 www.brainybetty.com 41. THANKYOU!!