brains behind indian brands
Post on 15-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Brains thatbuilt Brands in 2008
- Faces behind the success of brands.
- Countering Economic turmoil with
- INNOVATIVE STRATEGIES
- Branding Masterminds => creating history in 2008.
- Made brands part of our lives & daily vocabulary.
3. BARACK OBAMA
- THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Overcoming challenges :
- Afro American
- Half Muslim
- Stringent Poll Budget
- Extremely tough competition.
If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things arepossible... Tonights your answer. 4. The Man Behind thisMIRACLE 5. Strategies Adopted By David Axelrod
- First Campaign : Video on You Tube.
- Advertisement with Paul Simons Daughter.
- Online Donations
- $ 30 million byJan 2008
- $ 280,011,968 by Oct 2008
- Youth Interaction : Youtube, Facebook, My Space
6. BIG ENTERTAINMENT
- Multi Billion Dollar Hollywood deals.
- Single monolithic consumer entertainment brand BIG .
- Innovative Business models in the internet- Zapak & BigAdda.
- Introduction of 20 new channels by 2009-10.
- Expansion of BIG FM to countries like Singapore , South Africa , US & UK .
Rajesh SawhneyCEO, BIG Entertainment 7. Beijing Olympics 2008
- A state-of-the-art Olympic Village.(over 66 hectare).
- 4.7 billion spectators.
- Participation :
- 11,000 Athletes.
- 204 countries.
- Tackled protests in Tibet.
- Took the Olympics to a new level
Liu Qi, President, BOCOG* * BOCOG = Beijing Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games 8. Strategies Implemented
- Phase I:
- Roping Sponsors Volkswagen, Bank of China etc
- Phase II:
- Construction of Olympic Projects
- 11 stadiums and gymnasiums.
- Planning security, traffic and logistics.
- Phase III :
- Testing and fine tuning.
- 37 pre-Olympic competitions.
9. Thus a splendid result 10. VIRGIN MOBILE INDIA
- Launched in March 10,2008.
- Backed by the support of it CMO Prasad Narsimhan.
- Whacky schemes to survive competition.
- Brand for the youth.
- TVCs targeting Generation Y.
Prasad Narsimhan CMO,Virgin Mobile India 11. Indian Premier League Lalit Modi,Chairman , IPL
- Indias first ever Cricket marketer.
- Roped in Vijay Mallya, Mukesh Ambani,
- Shahrukh Khanetc. as team owners.
- Right blend of cricket and entertainment.
- TRPs shot up and viewership more
- 80 millions.
12. 13. GUJARAT
- Unbeaten at Gujarats 2008 Assembly Elections.
- Brought investment proposals worth Rs. 62,442 crores upto March 2008.
- Adopted entrepreneurial skills to rebuild Gujarat.
- Aim of making Gujarat the industrial hub.
- 24-hour hotline number.
I want my Gujarat to be the best.. - Narendra Modi. 14. AKSHAY KUMAR
- Re-written the rules of the Indian movie business.
- USP: Great looks, originality and modesty.
- Top Bollywood grosser since past 2 years.
- Brands: Thumps Up, Levis, Xbox 360, Grasim etc.
15. The AKSHAY Magic. 16. CNBC Awaaz Consumer Awards 2008Akshay Kumar winning the Brand Ambassador of the year. 17. What could be asolution???? 18. And here comes his solution 19. TATA MOTORS
- Display of Tata Nano at Auto Expo 2008.
- Acquisition of European marquee brands JLR.
- Presence in all automotive segments.
- Fought against all controversies.
- Transformed UTV into a 360 oentertainment company.
- Launched Differentiated channels :
- UTV Motion Pictures
- UTV Spotboy
- UTV World Movies
- UTV Movies
- Bindass Movies
Ronnie Screwvala CEO, UTV Group 21. UTV Motion Pictures and UTV Spotboy 22. HINDUSTAN UNILEVER LTD.
- Robust growth in 2008 under its CEO Nitin Pranjpe.
- Net Sales Increase 20% and 34% increase in profit.
- Continuous Product Line Rationalism.
- Targeted more market penetration.
Nitin Pranjpe,CEO, HUL 23. 24. THANK YOU