blob on the bridge
out of 31
Post on 22-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. This is a true story:The blob on the bridge
- 2. Look at the word cloud on the next slide and:guess what this story is about and what happens in it. guess what the hidden word is.
- 3. Next, youll see the story inpictures.As before, the protagonist hasbeen covered by a black blob.
- 4. Who or what is the protagonist?Could it be a bungee jumper, an eagle,a cow? Give it a name (X).
- 5. This is what happened to X :
- 6. One day, in the Sierra Nevadamountain range, California, X waswalking over a bridge, minding his own business.
- 7. When a car passed, X got scared andjumped over the side of the bridge. Somehow, he managed to catch aledge and pull himself to safety.
- 8. News of X reached the authoritiesand when they arrived at thescene, they found him fast asleepon the ledge.
- 9. It was getting late so they decidedthat nothing could be done that night.
- 10. They returned the next morningwith a net, which they positionedunder the bridge. They shot X with a tranquilizer dart and waited forhim to fall asleep.
- 11. They used a pole to push groggy X off the ledge and into the net. Xwas lowered to the ground and set free.
- 12. My friends are never going tobelieve this, X thought to himself,as he went on his way.
- 13. Now get into pairs and write thestory in your own words.Just make sure you include the following expressions:
- 14. minding his own business over the side of the bridgeoff the ledge and into the netas he went on his way
- 15. You can use the word cloud if you need help:
- 16. Get into pairs and read what youhave written to each other. Next, look at the pictures:
- 17. source: Jamie Keddie, Lessonstream
View more >