Beginning Harmonica Lessons
out of 9
Post on 31-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION5 Recommendations to get you off to a great start in learning to play harmonica.
- Harmonica Lessons For Beginners Imagine yourself hanging out with a friend on a back porch. Hes playing the guitar and youre jamming right along with the harmonica. Hes blown away because he knows youve only been playing for a month. And youre even more blown away - because you never imagined it would be this easy to jam!
- Five Tips to Play Harmonica Like Pro Mouth position Breathing Techniques Easy Rhythms for beginners Choose the right harmonica What to do next?
- Choosing a Harmonica Use This One Not This One I recommend beginners start with a 10 hole harmonica. For a review of the best and worst harmonicas for beginners to learn on go to: www.freeharmonicalessons.com/faq.html
- Mouth Position
- Notice that the harmonica is angled approximately 45-degrees.
- Breathing Techniques
- Breathe from the diaphragm (belly) not from the chest.
- This will help increase your speed, improve your timing, keep you from hyperventilating, and ultimately improve your tone.
- Here's how you can practice:
- Lie flat on your back. Put one hand on your belly and one hand on your chest.
- Breathe deeply, so that the hand on your belly rises on the inhale and falls on the exhale. The hand on your chest should remain still.
- In the Beginning... PLAY RHYTHM!!!
- Whisper TA while drawing on holes 1 and 2 at the same time, and whisper TOO while blowing on holes 1 and 2 at the same time. Then repeat this pattern over and over for about 30 seconds.
- These simple patterns will help you relax, enjoy yourself and develop good habits. Then, once youve developed the basic techniques move on to playing melodies.
- Make It Fun! Jam along with a guitar piano player. This is much easier than it sounds and its a ton of fun. Harmonica is truly one of the worlds easiest instruments to learn to play at a campfire level I can help you learn a handful of simple tricks that will make it amazingly easy to have a great time sounding musical and inspiring others. For more lessons and an opportunity to check out my DVDs go to: www.freeharmonicalessons.com
- About JP Allen JP Allen has been teaching music for over eighteen years. In addition to harmonica he teaches piano, guitar, and drums. He taught harmonica at the University of Texas for over seven years and at Austin Community College for three years. He has directed summer sleepover camps with a focus on music, acting, Compassionate Nonviolent Communication, and Life Skills. While living and performing in Austin, Texas from 1994 till 2004, JP developed a reputation as a first-call harmonica player. He recorded and performed with Grammy-nominated artist Abra Moore. They performed on appearances such as CNN's Showbiz Today.
- Take Free Lessons with JP Allen!
- The online harmonica lessons are full of free audio and video support. I have put a depth of care into teaching harmonica in a way that
- is fun and easy to understand.
- Click below to start your free lessons at www.freeharmonicalessons.com today!
View more >
Notation Charts - Suzuki- Charts Tremolo Harmonica (B aritone Harmonica) C hromatic Harmonica and Tremolo C hromatic ... Notation Charts
AKNOWLEDGEMENTS - Harmonica ?· AKNOWLEDGEMENTS “Blues Harmonica Lessons” cover page artwork – Dave Brewer “Blues Harmonica Lessons” CD cover artwork ... The World’s Best Mouth Organ
SH2 Solo Harmonica Study 2 - Blues Harmonica Lessons ??1 Section 1 – Chording Ex. 1.1 – 76 bmp Ex. 1.2 – 76 bmp Ex. 1.3 – 76 bmp Ex. 1.4 – 76 bmp Solo Harmonica Study 2 Support Material