Basics of Social Media for Job Searching
out of 29
Post on 07-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONAn overview of how job seekers can use the big 3 social media sites (LinkedIn, Twitter and a blog) to create their personal brands, attract and impress employers, and land jobs.
- 1. Social Media 101
- 2. SOCIAL MEDIA
- 4. What does it all mean?
- 5. One word.
- 6. CONVERSATION.
- 7. One-way communication.
- 8. Everyone has a voice.
- 9. Whats the big deal?
- 10. Do you need a voice everywhere?
- 11. One word.
- 12. NO!
- 13. The Big Three
- 14. In Plain English
- 15. In Plain English
- 16. In Plain English
- 17. Now lets put these tools to work. Personal branding.
- 18. Personal Branding: Positioning and packaging of a person within the employment marketplace
- 19. So now you know, but what do you DO?
- 20. 1. Get in the right frame of mind.
- 21. 2. Build a LinkedIn profile.
- 22. 3. Connect with friends, neighbors and past co-workers.
- 23. 4. Create a Twitter profile.
- 24. 5. Find 20 people to follow.
- 25. 6. Engage with one tweep each day.
- 26. 7. Find five blogs to read every day.
- 27. 8. Comment on one blog post every day.
- 28. 9. Blog about your passion.
- 29. 10. Connect with tweeps and blog peeps on LinkedIn AND in real life.
View more >
Using Social Media for Job Searching & Networking Patrick Therrien Technology & Education Training Specialist.