avoid mobile marketing mistakes
out of 10
Post on 24-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONIn order to do any kind of mobile marketing, you need a mobile version of your site. Mobile users pretty much pull their hair out in frustration trying to navigate a PC website. When they hit your PC site, which is so busy-looking on a small mobile screen that they can't make heads or tails of it, they'll click the back button fast. No matter how nice an offer you're making, they won't stick around. You've got to have a mobile site. http://www.pdfmoz.com/doc/683/mobile-social-media-intelligence.html
- 1. 8 Deadly Mobile Marketing MistakesAnd How To Avoid Them
- 2. 8 Deadly Mobile Marketing Mistakes And How To Avoid ThemMobile marketing can turn your brand into a household name and boost yourprofits through the roof but only if youre doing it right.Luckily, tons of businesses have come along and made every single mistake in thebook so that we can learn from them.Here are 8 biggest to avoid.
- 3. 1. Directing Mobiles to Your PC SiteIn order to do any kind of mobile marketing, you need a mobile version of your site. Mobile users pretty much pull their hair out in frustration trying to navigate a PC website.When they hit your PC site, which is so busy-looking on a small mobile screen that they cant make heads or tails of it, theyll click the back button fast. No matter how nice an offer youre making, they wont stick around. Youve got to have a mobile site.
- 4. 2. Killing Them With TextTheres a major change in strategy marketers have to embrace when they gomobile.Youve got to give up on all the text.Your website should use it sparingly and you should avoid using articles formarketing purposes.Theres nothing like a website crammed with text to make a mobile userseyeballs spin in their sockets.
- 5. 3. Forms To Fill OutHave you ever tried to enter a lot of text on a smartphone?Its not a pleasant experience.If youve got a sign up form that makes them input a whole slew of information,theyre going to give up halfway through.Typing is hard work on most mobile devices.Instead, make use of the touch screen and let them select from a menu.
- 6. 4. QR Code ConfusionYes, most of the world knows what QR codes are and what they do, but noteverybody.If you slap the code on your ad with no indication of what it is, lots of peoplewont know.And even the ones who do know need a little nudge.Tell them to scan here with their phone.You should also tell them why they should do it.Some will scan out of curiosity, but more will if they understand there are juicycoupons waiting there for them.
- 7. 5. The Wrong ContentYou can give your mobile users downloads, videos to watch, apps and any otherkind of content, but make sure itll all work on their devices first.There is quite a bit media that doesnt work on all devices.The last thing you want to do is make them a great offer and get them to clickonly to discover the video wont play.Test all of your content on a wide range of devices beforehand.
- 8. 6. Too Heavy On The SalesMore people today shop on their mobiles than ever before, but its still nothingcompared to online shopping.If your mobile marketing pushes the hard sale too hard, youll lose people.Use your mobile strategy instead to build brand awareness, offer them usefulapps, and get them to your store rather than just selling.
- 9. 7. Apps That Make Them Say So What?Its easy to develop an app, but whats tough is making something of value thatyour target market can actually use.Put yourself in the shoes of your customer and think, What would wow me andmake my life ten times easier?Answer that question and youve got an app that will get results.
- 10. 8. Going Mobile Because Everybodys Is Doing ItWell, actually this is a good reason to go mobile.Not because everybodys doing it but because your customers are.But dont start marketing on mobiles without a solid plan.Decide exactly what you want to achieve with your campaign.Make it clear and measurable, and then youll know exactly what you need to doin order to get there.Compliment : http://www.socialgonemobile.com
View more >