a.u.h.s.d. intramurals promoting character through participation
out of 11
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- A.U.H.S.D. INTRAMURALS PROMOTING CHARACTER THROUGH PARTICIPATION
- Slide 2
- 1980-2014 34 YEARS OF BUILDING PRODUCTIVE SCHOLAR ATHLETES
- Slide 3
- A.U.H.S.D. INTRAMURALS The A.U.H.S.D. is celebrating more than 30 years of the best Intramural Program in the Country. The purpose of the A.U.H.S.D. Intramurals is to promote an Intramural/Activities Program in which anyone may participate regardless of his/her skill level. The program includes on-campus Intramural competition and District wide tournaments in four seasons of Sport.
- Slide 4
- Student Goals: 1. Enable each student to participate in a variety of activities of his/her choice 2. Develop peer relationships 3. Stimulate social growth 4. Promote leadership opportunities 5. Refine motor skill development 6. Compete in a controlled situation 7. Cope with success and failure 8. Instill good sportsmanship and character 9. Promote lifetime leisure activities 10. Have fun!
- Slide 5
- SEASON #1 - Flag Football, Boys' Tennis, Girls' Volleyball SEASON #2 - Boys' Basketball, Girls' Tennis, Girls' Soccer SEASON #3 - Boys' and Girls' Cross Country Boys' Soccer, Girls' Basketball SEASON #4 - Boys' Volleyball, Girls' Softball Boys' and Girls' Track
- Slide 6
- Each of our (9) schools has more than 22 certificated-skilled coaches instructing over 25% of our student body each and every day of the week. Some schools have had over 450 participants during one Quarter of Sport.
- Slide 7
- Students are not cut from the program during the first 6-8 weeks of Intramurals. During the last 2 weeks there is an All-Star Team picked that participates in a District wide Championship.
- Slide 8
- We just celebrated the 30th running of our District wide Cross Country Championship and District wide Track and Field Championship. Over 1000 student athletes were given the opportunity to excel in front of their Parents, Peers, teammates and Administrators vying for individual medals and team plaques at the Cross Country meet
- Slide 9
- A special race has been added to accommodate all students even though they did not make the All-Star team. Next year a Special Education race will be run to highlight our diverse population of Special needs Children. Our Track and Field meet drew over 400 elite Student Athletes and over 500 spectators.
- Slide 10
- Our goal is to continue to provide an opportunity for our student/athletes to participate in athletics in a safe nurturing environment regardless of their individual skill level.
- Slide 11
- With an average of more than 25% of each schools entire student body participating in our Intramural program we feel we are on the right path. We continue to encourage all involved to not rest on our past accomplishments but to develop new strategies to grow our student numbers.