Post on 18-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAtlas Soul presentation
- 1. WORLD MUSIC Atlas Soul
2. ForWORLD PEACE Atlas Soul 3. Atlas Soul 4. Atlas Soul What hits hardest about Atlas Souls sound is the natural funk of North African music and also powerful vocals, which span fluid, passionate Gnawa melodies and husky Ra hooks. There is great wisdom in a world-music outfit that embraces divergent genres(but not so many that the sound loses its identity)" writes world music journalistBanning Eyre. World Music for World Peace Photo Credit Arturo Photography 5. Atlas Soul "Atlas Soul's blend of jazz, funk and Middle-Eastern/Arabic grooves is a fascinating sonic stew that will catch any listener's ear. This is their second appearance on our CD's compilation. We like'em, and you will too".Global Rhythm Magazine World Music for World Peace Anwar Souini :Lead vocal, Percussions Photo Credit: John Hurley 6. Atlas Soul Effortless cross-cultural blend with enticing results! The hallmark of the North African musical tradition is an openness to others. Musicians from this culture effortlessly blend centuries-old rhythms, instruments and melodic concepts with modern ideas and innovations from the world over, creating a constantly changing panorama of styles. Jacques Pardo and Atlas Soul exemplify this spirit. In their second CD, Mabrouka, the group serves up a tantalizing stew of musical styles. The delighted listener hears the influences of jazz, Latin, flamenco, French hip-hop and the traditional North African music, all blended with the deft and sure hand of a master chef. Great vocals top off the warm and savory instrumental mix. Mike Crager Jon Simmons :Trombone, Guitar, Percussions Photo Credit: John Hurley World Music for World Peace 7. Atlas Soul The melting together of various ethnic musical styles is not just a theory or practice for Atlas Soul, the members themselves are literally from all kinds of different countries and backgrounds. The group came together in Boston and it is where they make their homebase.. Atlas Soul is an award-winning band performing original music that celebrates Afro-Mediterranean culture and rhythm heavily spiced with Jazz and Funk. On their 3rd CD, "Mabrouka" they continue their genre-busting music. On "Angelo Mio" the melody and mood is slow and sultry with a moody trombone floating around the vocal but then the Chorus suddenly features a Drum n' Bass-type drumbeat while everything else remains in the original slow groove. Other tunes such as "Sarah's Groove" and "Sole" and more hard-driving Funk with heavily syncopated rhythms and extended improvisational jams that would not sound out of place at an outdoor Jamband festival. "Quiereme y veras" displays the Oud and Nylon-stringed guitars truly evoking a Mediterranean landscape and all that it entails.In addition to songs being sung in a languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Hebrew and English, Atlas Soul as lo espousing a political mind set. The lyrics speak of love, natural wonders, oppression, poverty, and of the melancholy of immigrants longing for their homelands. Their motto is world-music-for-world-peace. -P.R. Brimstone -WORLD RYTHYM June 2007 Jacques Pardo :Saxophones, Guitar, Vocal, Percussions World Music for World Peace Photo Credit: Dustin Gray 8. Atlas Soul Boujemaa Razgui :Vocals, Percussions, Ney Photo Credit: John Hurley ..Atlas Souldelivered an anticipated wonderful show moving many to dance and sing along. and then turned up the volume with an especially funky set of grooves that kept everyone moving!New England Culture Fest.Second WorldMedia, Music and Art for a Better World. Thank you for sending on this C.D. This is to use the old "cliche " something totally different. It is an exciting cornucopia of world music, and cultural rhythms blended and fused together to produce a sound which is both melodic and exciting. Superbly played, arranged, and produced this recording is highly innovative and listenable, and conjures up vivid images of exotic and far away places. I would certainly like to hear other work by Jacques Pardo and his group of talented Musicians. Great rhythms. Best Wishes John Reid Keith Community Radio 102.8 FM Keith Banffshire SCOTLAND World Music for World Peace 9. Atlas Soul An excellent release... Nice, tight, jazzy playing, with some very authentic Middle Eastern percussions (and vocals) on some tracks. I just love the track L'Amour En Banlieue....It reminds me of some of the best things done by Natacha Atlas.This DJ is very much looking forward to the next Atlas Soul release.Dr. StrangeDub (Michael Rose) KFAI-FM2007-11-11 Hi Jacques.Many Sincere thanks for the Cd you submitted to us. We have played it, and think that it is well worth having tracks from the CD included into our playlists. The charactor of the music style presented gives this CD a unique feel, with an individual personality presented inside it's contents. Great work, and we sure look forward to hearing from you in the future. Kind Regards. Graham J Barclay Soundwave FM2007-11-09 email@example.com Photo Credit: Dustin Gray World Music for World Peace Jason Kenyon :Drum set 10. Atlas Soul HEY YOU GUYS GROOVE NICELY!!I'LL BE PLAYING YOU ON MY WORLD MIX SHOW NOW AND ON MY SUMMER "COOL JOOLZ" SHOW TOO. THANKS,Mitchell Mendys WKNH 2007-03-17 Hi Jaques, Great work on this disc full of wonderful song's and music. One to be proud of.george youngcountry club productions pty ltd 2007-10-29 Jacques, I love the album. I will play several tracks and put the album on rotation for the others DJ to play. I will let you know everytime I play the album.Thanks for making the music possible. James Cervantes Jazz Format DirectorKWVAPhoto Credit: John Hurley Tim Paul Weiner :Electric Bass World Music for World Peace 11. Atlas Soul
- Atlas Soul is an award winning band performing original music that celebrates Afro-Mediterranean culture and rhythm heavily spiced with Jazz and Funk.
- Atlas Soul live performances are hypnotic and get the audience in a dancing trance! They have played at venues such as The Montreal Jazz Festival, The Kennedy Center, The Festival International de Louisiane, The Houston International Festival, Musikfest, The FNX/Boston Phoenix Jazz Series at the Hatch Shell, The Festival international Nuits dAfrique (Montreal) The Boston Globe Jazz Festival, The SteppinOut Festival, MASS MoCA , Les Francofolies de Montreal, and many more...They have been booked on the same bill and shared the stage with international artists such as Lady Smith Black Mombazo, Thomas Mapfumo, Gigi, Alpha Blondy, Hassan Hakmoun, Baba Maal and Cheb Nasro just to name a few.
- Winners of the fourth annual Independent Music Awardsin the World Fusion category, Atlas Soul incorporates many genres: Ra, Funk, Shaabi, Jazz, Afrobeat, Jungle, Socca, Reggae, Gnawa & Samba. "It might sound a bit ambitious but it comes to us very naturally, explains leader of the band Jacques Pardo.
- Each of their four CDs has songs that were featured on world music compilations by labels such as Petrol Record/EMI, Global Rhythm, and Music for Peace.
- Atlas Soul sings in Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Hebrew and English, making it not only a truly World Music band, but one of the only groups of this kind in the United States of America. The lyrics speak of love, natural wonders, oppression, poverty, and of the melancholy of immigrants longing for their homelands. The Atlas Soul motto is World Music for World Peace.
- Philosophically and politically, Atlas Soul hopes to inspire world peace through a fusion of music and culture that gets people to the dance floor.
- For more information and booking please contact Jacques Pardo at(USA) 1- 617 923 9957
- email:Jacquespardo @ comcast .net
- EPK:http://www. sonicbids .com/ atlassoul
12. Links: http://www.atlas-soul.com http://www.sonicbids.com/atlassoul http://www.myspace.com/atlassoul Contact: Jacques Pardo 122 Spruce Street Watertown. MA USA Tel: (USA) 617 923 9957 Cell: (USA) 617 513 9675 Email:[email_address] Email:[email_address]