asug webinar on cloud, paas and integration (july 2014)
of 39 /39
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONIn this first session of a series Matthias Steiner, Sindhu Gangadharan and Sven Denecken focused on an intro to what we see happening in the market, how to address a business strategy supported by cloud and had a pre-view on 3 key topics - SaaS, PaaS and Integration. More details you will find via this blog: http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud/blog/2014/07/22/webinar-series-it-s-time-to-embrace-the-cloud-and-the-platform--understanding-saps-cloud-strategy Follow us via @SAPCloud
- Use this title slide only with an image SAP - The Cloud Built for Business Sven Denecken, Matthias Steiner, Sindhu Gangadharan SAP SE | July, 2014
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 2 Disclaimer This presentation outlines our general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchase decision. This presentation is not subject to your license agreement or any other agreement with SAP. SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this presentation or to develop or release any functionality mentioned in this presentation. This presentation and SAP's strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP intentionally or grossly negligent.
- Use this title slide only with an image SAP - The Cloud Built for Business Sven Denecken, GVP Cloud Solutions, SAP SE @SDenecken July, 2014
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 4 Rapid State of Change
- 5 Influence buying behavior Deliver a 360 view of the customer Improve overall engagement Grow lifetime value Align people with goals and objectives Increase customer satisfaction Increase operational efficiency Deliver 360 view of spend and vendor relationships Discover new business opportunities Customers Seek Outcomes Not Products Enable employees to develop themselves Accelerate time to productivity Reduce COGS 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- 6 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. SAP Cloud Strategy
- The right mix managed Integrated 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- HR CUSTOMER Sales, Service & Marketing PROCUREMENT FINANCE LEADING CLOUD APPS AND SUITE Our Strategy helps Customers to focus on Business Outcome 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. FinanceProcurementHR Marketing Cloud for Marketing Omni-channel Commerce Sales Service Cloud for Sales2 Cloud for Service CRM on HANA (for Industries) CRM on HANA (for Industries, Billing & Revenue) Human Resources Procurement Supply Chain Management S&OP Cloud on HANA Suite on HANA (SD, MM, PP & PLM) CFO Office Simple Finance Business ByDesign Simple Finance Suite on HANA (FICO), GRC SCM, PLM & Manufacturing Cloud for Travel & Expense Social Media Analytics Managed Public Omni-channel Commerce & Customer Engagement Collaboration SAP Jam, Business Network Fiori User Experience and SAP HANA Cloud Platform Application Development, Integration, Database and Analytics, Foundation Analytics BI (BusinessObjects), EPM, BW on HANA SAP Cloud Portfolio Innovation and Agility - delivered in a unified approach Adobe executed via partnership Also available in Managed Cloud Simple Finance will have a Public Cloud option for new Finance deployments available by year-end 2014 Simple Finance will also have a Managed Cloud alternative to FICO 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- Simplify consumption with SAP cloud powered by HANA Simplified User Experience SAP HANA Platform Applications Analytics BEST PRACTICE Processes COMPANY SPECIFIC Processes Public Cloud HCM, CRM, SRM Industry and Managed Cloud Core, Logistics, Business Suite, BW 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- 11 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. Matthias Steiner, Cloud Platform Evangelist, SAP SE @steinermatt July, 2014 SAP HANA Cloud Platform Extend Your Business to the Cloud
- Cloud Basics 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. Software as a Service (SaaS) Platform as a Service (PaaS) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Virtualization Hosting managed
- Infrastructure Services AppServicesDBServices HANA INFRASTRUCTURE Instant access to infrastructure for existing SAP HANA customers APPLICATION SERVICES HANA INFRASTRUCTURE HANA SUBSCRIPTION Build new and extend existing applications HANA INFRASTRUCTURE Subscription offer for building SAP HANA applications HANA SUBSCRIPTION Current customers who own and want to quickly deploy a HANA license Net new customers who want to be up and running quickly with SAP HANA Net New & current customers who want to (a) build consumer/ LOB apps in the cloud, and/or (b) extend current apps SAP HANA Cloud Platform Available packages 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- Overview Developer Experience Infrastructure Services DBServices Transactions Predictive SpatialStreamingAnalytics Text Mining AppServices Mobile Portal IntegrationCollaboration SecurityAnalytics 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- Value proposition Gain More Flexibility & Productivity Minimize Your Costs Reduce Risk and Protect Your Investments Differentiate Yourself 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- Major usage scenarios New Cloud Apps On-Premise Apps ON-PREMISE SOLUTION Cloud Apps CLOUD SOLUTION 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. Typical Scenarios on SAP HANA Cloud Platform Build new cloud applications New Cloud Apps 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 18 NFL: Picking Fantasy Football Winners with SAP Lumira Cloud and SAP HANA Cloud Platform Organization National Football League (NFL) Headquarters New York Industry Sports and entertainment Products and Services Professional American football league composed of 32 teams divided equally between the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC) Web Site www.nfl.com Partner SAP Services organization Top objectives Make NFL.com the go-to place for the ultimate fantasy football experience Meet the high expectations of the most avid and engaged football fans Monetize fantasy football and drive new business across the Web site Expand to mobile devices for anytime, anywhere fantasy football Evolve the user experience to give confidence to players of any level and keep them coming back Why SAP Unmatched solution scalability, plus the technical skill and industry expertise of the SAP Services organization SAP HANA Cloud Platform stores Big Data and delivers it in real time through the user-friendly interface of the SAP Lumira Cloud platform Key benefits Increase in sales of other products via NFL.com, making fantasy football one of the biggest drivers in overall fan-base growth Real-time, reliable, and actionable player comparison data and customized recommendations, helping users quickly make the best picks Ability to handle spikes in usage on game day without disruption to users America is our fan base, but fans are not all the same. With SAP HANA Cloud Platform and SAP Lumira Cloud, we are creating a personalized fantasy football experience by providing detailed player comparisons and user-specific recommendations. Our fans are passionate and loyal and we want to help them win. Brian Rolapp, Chief Operating Officer of NFL Media, National Football League 45% Approximate growth of fantasy football platform since 2010 7X More content consumption on NFL.com by fantasy football users, increasing the value of fantasy football overall 24X7Engages fans from Monday through Sunday, helping prepare for a game- day win 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- Typical Scenarios on SAP HANA Cloud Platform Extend on-premise solutions On-Premise Apps ON-PREMISE SOLUTION
- 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 20 Danone South Africa Call Center Application Powered by SAP HANA Cloud Platform Company or Organization Groupe Danone Headquarters or Location Paris, France Industry Consumer Products Products and Services Fresh Dairy Products Bottled Water Baby and Medical Nutrition Employees 102,401 (2012) Revenue or Budget 20,869 Million (2012) Web Site www.danone.com Business Needs/Constraints Order management call center application for Danone South Africa User friendly, fancy B2E (Business to Employee) application Very low budget; minimal upfront investment Option to port app to additional call centers, including 3rd parties Technical Needs Seamless integration with SAP systems Data security and identification management Rapid deployment Connection/integration with Cisco softphone devices Latest technology (e.g. SAPUI5), ease of upgrades and extensibility Key Benefits 100% happy users and highly successful roll-out/go-live Under budget; development process much faster than expected with SAPUI5 platform Seamless portability to additional call centers Easy integration with on-premise back-end systems Straightforward authentication using SSO and SAML 2.0 With SAP HANA Cloud Platform, we can rapidly develop very beautiful user-friendly applications, which are opening new opportunities to connect our consumers directly to our backend systems. And the SAP HANA database will help us analyze this data later on. Ralf Steinbach, Director Software Architecture, Group Danone Our users are 100% happy with the apps functionality and response time. The learning curve was very fast, and we implemented the first solution much more quickly than expected. 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- Typical Scenarios on SAP HANA Cloud Platform Extend cloud solutions Cloud Apps CLOUD SOLUTION 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 22 Example: Extensions to Success Factors BizX Suite https://www.sapappsdevelopmentpartnercenter.com/en/get-started/cloud-applications/successfactors-extensions/ 2014 SAP SE. All rights reserved. 22 This presentation and SAPs strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, tness for a particular purpose, or non-
- 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 23 Accenture HR Audit and Compliance as-a-service Company or Organization Accenture Software Headquarters or Location Dublin, Ireland Industry Consulting and Software Products and Services Global Mgmt. Consulting Technology Services Business Process Outsourcing Software Employees 275,000 (FY 2013) worldwide Revenue or Budget $28.6 billion (FY 2013) worldwide Web Site www.accenture.com/hcmsoftware Business Needs/Constraints Reconciliation of inconsistent human capital management (HCM) data Superior auditing capabilities Fast, efficient resolution of data across hybrid environments Standard and tailored data governance rules Technical Needs High scalability and elasticity Seamless integration with on premise and SuccessFactors cloud systems Rapid deployment Accurate and consistent reporting Key Benefits Lower TCO due to enhanced compliance and error reduction Faster time to value Business agility; optimized HR business processes and service functions Reduction in payroll issues and employee frustrations Better use of time for functional SMEs Greater accuracy and consistency in reporting Many companies operate in a hybrid environment, with systems located both on premise and in the cloud. Delivering Accenture HR Audit and Compliance as-a-service on SAP HANA Cloud Platform helps our clients complete accurate audit and compliance reporting no matter where their data is hosted, simplifying the entire process and helping to reduce costly errors. Jim Astorian, Senior Managing Director, Accenture Software The first solution on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform that enables clients to optimize their check processes. We are excited to work with the SAP HANA Cloud Platform, using it to build and deliver this application for our clients. Jochen Nagel, Business Lead, Accenture Software for Human Capital Management Powered by SAP HANA Cloud Platform extension package for SuccessFactors 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- 24 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. Sindhu Gangadharan, VP Product Management Cloud Integration, SAP SE SAP Cloud - Integration Integration is key to achieve the Desired Business Outcomes from Cloud
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 25 Integration is key to achieve the Desired Business Outcomes from Cloud Market-to-Cash Source-to-Pay Recruit-to-Retire End-to-End Business Processes Customers have complex on-premise landscapes As customers adopt cloud solutions, hybrid landscapes will become a norm Integration across the boundaries of cloud and on- premise is a must to prevent application silos As companies adopt cloud, real-time end to end business process integration is critical
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 26 The Cloud Integration Challenge ASUG Research Services, Summer 2013 275 ASUG survey participants identified the following Cloud Integration observations and challenges: Cloud integration is a big consideration when weighing future software adoption Concern about connecting the Cloud and On-Premise worlds +82 % express concern about integrating Cloud software with their current On-premise software. Primary concern: Too many software products undermining the goal of a single system of record Success Factors Is making a splash, other Cloud solutions gaining traction 35% of the respondents have/are considering Success Factors Conclusion: Need better out-of-the box integration between SAP Cloud Solutions &SAP Business Suite Learn more: http://www.asugnews.com/article/sap-Cloud-integration-survey-results Confidential
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 27 Integration Requirements for Cloud Deployments Real-Time Business Process Integration End-to-End Monitoring and Support Single Source of Truth/ Master Data Synchronization Data Security and Compliance Integrated User Experience Rapid Deployment Support for Complex Landscapes Choice of Integration Technology LOB IT
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 28 SAP HANA Cloud Integration Lowers cost, increases speed, and enhances simplicity for our customers SAP HANA Cloud Integration Strategic service for OD-OD & OP-OD integration on SAP HANA Cloud Platform Pre-packaged integration content hub in cloud Discover, Configure, Manage Engineered for Cloud: Multi-tenancy, rolling software updates, horizontal scalability. Subscription-based usage Strong focus on security including data isolation Used by Success Factors, ARIBA, FSN etc. Complementary offering to SAP NetWeaver PI Combines process and data integration capabilities Open for partners projects, content, connectivity etc. Real-Time Process Integration iFlows (Prepackaged Integrations) Community and Marketplace Data Integration SAP On-Premise 3rd Party On-Premise 3rd Party Cloud Solutions SAP Cloud Applications
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 29 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service iPaaS (G00255649); Published: 27 January 2014 Summary SAP Hana Cloud Integration (HCI), part of the broader SAP Hana Cloud Platform PaaS proposition, is SAP's iPaaS offering. It incorporates some components of SAP's on-premises integration technology, but also leverages open-source software and includes new technology to support elastic scaling and self-service capabilities. The platform leverages the leading-edge SAP Hana in-memory DBMS as an integrated feature. HCI will play a critical role in SAP's cloud strategy by enabling integration between its SaaS and on-premises packages. Strengths HCI is delivered as an embedded component of multiple SAP cloud offerings, thus making the platform the default option for clients of those offerings. The planned (1H14) stand-alone HCI offering targeting any-to-any integrations will potentially appeal to organizations needing an iPaaS for a range of CSI (cloud services integration) use cases. SAP plans to release more than 500 cloudstreams (roughly one-third are available), which will potentially make SAP HCI appealing to user organizations looking for an iPaaS to enable rapid, SAP-centric CSI projects. The HCI road map includes dynamic autoscaling; on-premises deployment of the platform; support for REST and OData; data quality; governance/API management; B2B, MAI, Internet of Things and big data integration; intelligent mapping suggestions; crowdsourcing / collaboration; extension of the adapter portfolio; and deeper integration with the underlying SAP Hana in-memory DBMS. SAP HCI strengths cited by clients include its effective and responsive support, easy-to-use tooling, smooth version upgrade, reliability and integration with the SAP security environment. Gartner Analysts: Massimo Pezzini, Yefim V. Natis, Paolo Malinverno, Kimihiko Iijima, Jess Thompson, Fabrizio Biscotti, Raffaella Favata, Eric Thoo
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 30 ERP CRMERP Sales OD Customers Employee Central BizX Talent Mgmt Cloud Payroll People Financials OD Money On-Premise SAP Cloud Ariba NetworkProcure to Pay Sourcin g Procurement Content Supplier Info Mgmt ERP SRM Suppliers Travel OD ERP Service OD Social OD iFlows Prepackaged Integrations from SAP Contract Mgmt Business B1 OD Business ByDesign ERP Third-Party Clouds Third-Party Clouds Third-Party Clouds Third-Party Clouds Third-Party Clouds 80% Reduction in Implementation Time and Cost Minimized Implementation Risk Reliable Upgrades
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 31 Example: SAP Customer OnDemand With SAP CRM Lead-to-Cash Real-time integration of master data (accounts, prospects, competitors, contacts, account hierarchy, territory assignment, products, employees, campaign headers) Real-time integration of transactional data (leads, opportunities, activities, service requests) Employee Lead Service Request Opportunity Business Partner Employee Service Request Business Partner Quote / Sales Order Material Product Lead Opportunity SAP CRM Campaign Header Campaign Activity Activity Account Hierarchy Account Hierarchy Territory Assignment Territory Assignment SAP Customer OnDemand
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 32 SAP HANA Cloud Integration Links for further information SAP HANA Cloud Integration SCN: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40396 Public Content Catalog: https://cloudintegration.hana.ondemand.com Tools: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#hci Trial Program: http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2013/10/22/sap-hana-cloud-integration--test-and-learn- more-about-sap-s-cloud-based-integration-solution SAP Data Centers: http://www.sapdatacenter.com/ Documentation on SAP Help Portal: http://help.sap.com/cloudintegration Ramp-up Knowledge Transfer (RKT): https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000758527& SAP Financial Services Network SAP FSN Homepage: http://www.sap.com/fsn SCN: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40696 Rapid Deployment Solution (RDS) for Corporate Onboarding: http://service.sap.com/rds-fsn Documentation on SAP Help Portal SAP FSN: http://help.sap.com/sapfsn, SAP FSN Connector: http://help.sap.com/fsnagent Ramp-up Knowledge Transfer (RKT): https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000759375&
- Use this title slide only with an image Looking Ahead
- Hybrid Deployment OptionsCloud Solutions On-Premise Solutions Hybrid SAP HR, CRM, SRM SAP ERP e.g. Talent, Sales, Travel, Procurement, ... Cloud as extension Two-Tier SAP HR, CRM, SRM SAP ERP Headquarters Subsidiaries Cloud Solutions e.g. Talent, Sales, Travel, Procurement, ... Cloud Cloud ERP e.g. Talent, Sales, Travel, Procurement, ... Full Cloud SAP ERP Cloud 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- SAP HANA Platform Analyze Predict Sense Industry Innovation Business Applications CloudMobile & device Store Database AnalyticsMiddleware SAP is the only company bringing it all together 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.
- Thank You! visit www.sap.com/cloud #SAPCloud
- Use this title slide only with an image SAP - The Cloud Built for Business Sven Denecken, Matthias Steiner, Sindhu Gangadharan | SAP SE July, 2014
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 38 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express permission of SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. Please see http://global12.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. Some software products marketed by SAP AG and its distributors contain proprietary software components of other software vendors. National product specifications may vary. These materials are provided by SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company for informational purposes only, without representation or warranty of any kind, and SAP AG or its affiliated companies shall not be liable for errors or omissions with respect to the materials. The only warranties for SAP AG or SAP affiliate company products and services are those that are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services, if any. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. In particular, SAP AG or its affiliated companies have no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this document or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This document, or any related presentation, and SAP AGs or its affiliated companies strategy and possible future developments, products, and/or platform directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP AG or its affiliated companies at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this document is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. All forward- looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
- 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 39 2014 SAP AG oder ein SAP-Konzernunternehmen. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Weitergabe und Vervielfltigung dieser Publikation oder von Teilen daraus sind, zu welchem Zweck und in welcher Form auch immer, ohne die ausdrckliche schriftliche Genehmigung durch SAP AG oder ein SAP-Konzernunternehmen nicht gestattet. SAP und andere in diesem Dokument erwhnte Produkte und Dienstleistungen von SAP sowie die dazugehrigen Logos sind Marken oder eingetragene Marken der SAP AG (oder von einem SAP-Konzernunternehmen) in Deutschland und verschiedenen anderen Lndern weltweit. Weitere Hinweise und Informationen zum Markenrecht finden Sie unter http://global.sap.com/corporate-de/legal/copyright/index.epx. Die von SAP AG oder deren Vertriebsfirmen angebotenen Softwareprodukte knnen Softwarekomponenten auch anderer Softwarehersteller enthalten. Produkte knnen lnderspezifische Unterschiede aufweisen. Die vorliegenden Unterlagen werden von der SAP AG oder einem SAP-Konzernunternehmen bereitgestellt und dienen ausschlielich zu Informationszwecken. Die SAP AG oder ihre Konzernunternehmen bernehmen keinerlei Haftung oder Gewhrleistung fr Fehler oder Unvollstndigkeiten in dieser Publikation. Die SAP AG oder ein SAP-Konzernunternehmen steht lediglich fr Produkte und Dienstleistungen nach der Magabe ein, die in der Vereinbarung ber die jeweiligen Produkte und Dienstleistungen ausdrcklich geregelt ist. Keine der hierin enthaltenen Informationen ist als zustzliche Garantie zu interpretieren. Insbesondere sind die SAP AG oder ihre Konzernunternehmen in keiner Weise verpflichtet, in dieser Publikation oder einer zugehrigen Prsentation dargestellte Geschftsablufe zu verfolgen oder hierin wiedergegebene Funktionen zu entwickeln oder zu verffentlichen. Diese Publikation oder eine zugehrige Prsentation, die Strategie und etwaige knftige Entwicklungen, Produkte und/oder Plattformen der SAP AG oder ihrer Konzernunternehmen knnen von der SAP AG oder ihren Konzernunternehmen jederzeit und ohne Angabe von Grnden unangekndigt gendert werden. Die in dieser Publikation enthaltenen Informationen stellen keine Zusage, kein Versprechen und keine rechtliche Verpflichtung zur Lieferung von Material, Code oder Funktionen dar. Smtliche vorausschauenden Aussagen unterliegen unterschiedlichen Risiken und Unsicherheiten, durch die die tatschlichen Ergebnisse von den Erwartungen abweichen knnen. Die vorausschauenden Aussagen geben die Sicht zu dem Zeitpunkt wieder, zu dem sie gettigt wurden. Dem Leser wird empfohlen, diesen Aussagen kein bertriebenes Vertrauen zu schenken und sich bei Kaufentscheidungen nicht auf sie zu sttzen.