assignment #12: planning for documentary (part 2)
out of 27
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Assignment 12 (ii) Planning for Documentary Kaya SumblandGledis Dedaj Rahel FasilJoanne Aroda
- 2. Structure For Whole SeriesEpisode: Introduction: Beginning: Middle:End: (First 2 Mins)(15 Mins)(15 Mins)(15 Mins) - Presenter - History of the Web.- Social networking sites. - What algorithms are introducing the - How it has evolved.- Statistics on how far theand how they work.Social Media episode on social - The way we communicate world has become networking andhas been revolutionised. obsessed with them.- How algorithms are Part One social Media. - Interviews with older- How this makes for a used to subtly - Show supporting generation on theirperfect tool, forcontrol or footage of YouTube, experiences of how the controlling views andmanipulate society. Google, Facebook, Web has progressed.ideologies. Blogs with voiceover - E.g. Hash-tag : Twitter on of statistics. TV - The different types of- Wikipedias and Blogs. - How we think we are- Does technological social Media- How they generate theirbeing given variousconvergence aid aSocial Media platforms.own information. choices, however these democratic media - The way that they use - Blogs are not censored choices are provided bylandscape or does it Part Two algorithms to cater to(Freedom of speech)higher powers whoenforce a the individual varies. determine your searchhegemonic one. - How society is fightingresults. against a hegemonic- E.g. Online Dating : Your media platform.match is determined foryou. - How are we influenced - Films : Used to install- How stereotypes have - The news and how by the things that we certain ideologies withinbecome hegemonic people have no watch?society or promote these through someonescontrol over what is Film & - How it has been ideologies.dictation of script. shown. Television integrated into - Examples of specific films - This is liked to the - What is shown on everyday television.that have influence thepropaganda used in WW1 the news is world the most alongside and WW2 to promote the specifically chosen with statistics. Nazi Regime. for a certain representation.
- 3. Choice of EpisodeThe episode we will focus on isWe chose this episode because It was intriguing of all our subtopics It would be easiest to get footage for Its the most progressive form of media
- 4. Structure for EpisodeEpisodeIntroduction IntroductionBeginningMiddle End (1st 2 min) (1 min) Revolution of The Social Algorithms Web Networking Sites Then introduce First subtopic is the Presenteralgorithms andRevolution of theintroducing thehow they are a Presenter talking Web. Show examples ofepisode on socialtool used toabout the whole how they arenetworking subtly controldocumentary, the This will include applied. E.g.Social(Facebook, society.purpose etc...public interview at Rahels FacebookYouTube and Media- Montage footage Trafalgar squareliking pages and its We will haveTwitter)affect on her news Theof people (older generation) toincludingexpertinteracting withask how it changed. feed.Hegemonic statistics.interviewsdifferent forms of (technicians)Puppeteer media. Show a time line Public interviews and public ones Show supporting and statistics.animation of thefootage of at Trafalgar E.g. internet,growth.square.YouTube (Clips of E.g. Facebook,phones, TVYouTube Celebs),Including The stages of Web 1,YouTube, Twitter,Google, Show examplesestablishing shot.2 and 3 How haveSocial News andFacebook, with of how wethey developed or Vimeo.voiceover of receiveprogressed.statistics.different search results.
- 5. Structure for 5 minute Documentary2 Minute Introduction (Series)15 secs: Show establishing shot of people walking (fast motion) with statistics followed by shots of Internet caf users.15 secs: iPhone - close up of its uses (Google), shot of the TV showing hashtag to share their views.15 secs: Presenter introduces herself and what she will be exploring throughout the documentary series.15 secs: Presenter goes through the different types of media.15 secs: Presenter talking about how we are influenced by what we watch and how higher powers use this as a form of control.15 secs: Show case study of the boy who killed his mum mimicking the soap Coronation Street, with archival footage of news broadcast.15 secs: Presenter discusses the two sides of the debate. (hegemonic or democratic)15 secs: She asks 3 rhetorical questions, finishing on the documentary series title question, followed by an animation of the title.
- 6. Structure for 5 minute Documentary1 Minute Introduction (Episode)30 secs: Presenter inside Internet Caf, gets up and walks out while talking about different platforms of social media.15 secs: How Facebook also caters to the individual through their News Feed- With voice-over. (Example of real Facebook page.)15 secs: Statistics of how far people have become obsessed with social networking, thus making it the perfect tool to control people.
- 7. Structure for 5 minute Documentary2 Minute (To Focus On First Subtopic Of Episode)15 secs: Animation of a time-line of how the internet has progressed Web 1.0 qualities (sociological theory upsurge) how it was hegemonic (Information comes out but none come in)15 secs: Presenter talks about examples Social news, online dating, Wikipedia etc15 secs: Animation moves to Web 2.0 () Montage footage of YouTube celebrities (online videos) Animation of number of views increasing. Alongside will be a voiceover by presenter.15 secs: Public interview quoted significant things they say on Web 2.015 secs: Lastly Web 3.0 (Future)Presenter informs on the filter bubble with a bubble animation to show them Example of two different people typing in the same thing into Google and receiving different search results.15 secs: Expert interview on the future of Web 3.0 and algorithms.
- 8. Structure for 5 minute DocumentaryLast 10-20 Seconds (preview to next episode)5 secs: Examples of audience fighting back, via, blogs, wikis and social news15 secs: show clip of voting on social news sights to show democracy Presenter explains how society is fighting against a hegemonic media platform.
- 9. Script First Half
- 10. Script First Half
- 11. Script
- 12. Script
- 13. Storyboard
- 14. Storyboard
- 15. Storyboard
- 16. Storyboard
- 17. Storyboard
- 18. Storyboard
- 19. Shot List First HalfTime: Scene:Shot Description:Location:Characters: Props:Costume:People walking around Establishing shot. TrafalgarThe general N/AN/A00:05 Trafalgar Square FastSquare.public.motion.Statistics on screen with Long shot. TrafalgarThe general N/AN/A00:10 background image ofSquare.public.people walking aroundTrafalgar Square Fastmotion.People on using Long shot. Internet Caf. The general N/AN/A00:15 computers inside an public.Internet Caf.N/A Close-up GoogleN/AN/A iPhone.N/A00:20 homepage.
- 20. Shot List First HalfTime: Scene:Shot Description: Location: Characters: Props: Costume:N/A Close-up of TVLiving room.N/A TV N/A00:25 screen.Presenter inside Internet Mid shot. Internet Caf.Presenter.N/AFormal top and00:40 Caf walking out.skirt with a coat.Presenter walking out ofLong shot Internet Caf / Presenter.N/AFormal top and01:45 the Internet Caf.Street.skirt with a coat.
- 21. Shot List First HalfTime: Scene:Shot Description: Location: Characters: Props: Costume:Presenter standingMid shot. Internet Caf.Presenter.N/AFormal top and01:45 outside Internet Cafskirt with a coat.talking to the camera.Clip from News Report.Close-up of Screen. N/A N/A Television.N/A01:47Archival footage of newsClose-up of Screen. N/A N/A Television.N/A01:50 report.Presenter standing in the Mid shot. Central London. Presenter.N/AFormal top and01:55 street talking to theskirt with a coat.camera.
- 22. Shot List First HalfTime: Scene:Shot Description: Location:Characters: Props: Costume:List of what is Close-up. N/AVoice-over of N/AN/A01:58 democratic and what is Presenter.hegemonic about themedia landscape.Presenter inside Internet Mid shot. Internet Caf. Presenter.N/AFormal top and02:05 caf talking to the skirt with a coat.camera while walking.Presenter walking out ofLong shot.Internet Caf. Presenter.N/AFormal top and02:10 the internet Caf.skirt with a coat.
- 23. Shot List First HalfTime:Scene:Shot Description:Location: Characters:Props:Costume: Facebook user page. Close-up. N/AN/A Computer. N/A02:15 Animation of statistics N/A N/AN/A Computer. N/A02:10on Facebook users. Animation of titles Close-up. N/AN/A Computer. N/A02:15- How the internet is the perfect tool for control.30
- 24. ShotlistShot Art deptTime Scene Location Characters Costume Description/Props Liking a page onScreen RecordingMediaPresenter Mac N/A 15Facebook, showing from the Mac usingRoom - voiceoversecs how it affects your Quick TimeMacdescribing the feed, and informationeffects and given on FBwhat its doing The presenter isMid shotLiving Presenter N/A Brown/beige 5 flowing talking on thespace coatsecs statistics from the internet Skirt publiccafe Converse cardigan Statistics are written on Statistics areMediaPresenter Mac N/A 10the screen on written in Facebook Room - Voiceoversecs hegemony andcomment boxes,Mac democracy uploaded on blogs An animation starting Close up of Media Presenter Picture Clear beige 15from Web 1.0 , with drawings beingRoom voiceovers nail varnishsecs sociological theory moved around in including visuals it andfast motion to show Hand information coming outit visuallymodel - of a computer andGledis none going in
- 25. ShotlistShotArt deptTime Scene Location CharactersCostume Description /Props Examples of upsurge inScreen RecordingMediaPresenter Mac N/A 5 the 90sfrom the Mac usingRoom - voiceoversecs showing picking boxes Quick TimeMac for online dating sight Followed showingScreen RecordingLiving Presenter Mac N/A 5 someone
View more >