appy drinks presentation for nickelodeon juice drinks
out of 28
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHello, we are Appy Food and Drinks! We are the company that believes in making being healthier more affordable. We believe in kids before profit, so we create our products with the best Appy chefs using the most innovative natural ingredients, such as stevia, to ensure we are always approved by Mums and Loved by Kids. You can be assured that whenever you pick up a product with the Appy logo on, it is guaranteed to be low in sugar, low in calories, free from preservatives and always full of 100% natural goodness - and thats a promise!
- 1. NEW PRODUCT AWARDS 2014 FINALIST WINNER OF THE BEST CHILDRENS DRINK ALOHA FRUITS SELECTED FOR SIAL INNOVATION THE APPY FOOD & DRINK STORY
- 2. THE APPY FAMILY Hello I am one of the founders of Appy Food and Drinks who passionately believes in making healthier more ac-cessible for the family without compromising on taste! I have also developed a mantra of families before profit, so our team have created a range of products with this in mind by using the most innovative natural ingredi-ents, such as stevia, to ensure we are always affordable, approved by Mums and Loved by the family. We do this without compromising our 100% natural values - and thats a promise! We also coined the phrase of being earth friendly and what we mean by this is that we will always be ethical by only using recyclable packaging and only source our ingredients from well paid farmers and producers with low carbon footprints. We dont stop there! We have also set up the Appy Academy initiative to spread knowledge to kids from local communities about living healthier through better foods. We do this in a fun interactive way called The Appy Garden project where children touch, feel and get their hands mucky all with the aim for children to understand what they are consuming. We do all this with healthier families at heart Bobby Patel Founding Partner
- 3. OUR 5 MAIN PRINCIPLES HEALTHY & NATURAL We have spent many years in developing our inno-vative formulas to reduce sugar and calories in all our products naturally without compromising on the taste. HELPING FAMILIES We want to be a helping hand to mums by making our products affordable without compromising on the healthy nutritional values. We are here to sup-port and be part of everyday family life. COMMUNITY We have set up the Appy Academy to educate kids from a young age about food and the way it should be consumed . We play games, exercise and also get them in touch with nature as a proxy for them to engage in a healthier active lifestyle. EARTH FRIENDLY We favour renewable resources for our packaging and as part of this we not only replant trees, we re-plant forests as part of our partnership with the FSC for our Tetra Pak cartons. INNOVATIVE We are constantly looking for new ways to reduce sugars and calories in products through our natu-ral formulations to ensure families have a choice of something better.
- 4. THE BIG PICTURE RISING PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS Global obesity crisis Sugar tax (passed/proposed) Activist advocacy groups CONSUMERS REDEFINE HEALTH & WELLNESS AND SUSTAINABILITY NEEDS Good for me Good for others Good for the planet SWEETENERS UNDER FIRE Sugar Artificial Sweeteners E- Numbers
- 5. NON ALCOHOLIC DRINKS ARE THE MAIN CONTRIBUTOR TO SUGAR INTAKE FOR UNDER 18s
- 6. 18% 12% 16% 7% 6% 7% 7% 4% 4% 2% 3% 3% 2% 33% 26% 24% 20% 16% 14% 12% 9% 8% 6% 6% 5% 4% Increasing u7lity bills (electricity, gas, hea7ng, etc) The economy Increasing food prices Debt Job security Increasing fuel prices Health Immigra7on Work/life balance Childrens' educa7on and/or welfare Terrorism Parents' welfare and happiness Crime Main Concern Secondary Concern MONEY IS ON TOP OF CONSUMERS MINDS Nielsen State of the Nation indicates increasing pressure on disposable income, as consumers are having to contend with rising utility bills and food prices. Source : Nielsen Global Consumer Confidence Survey
- 7. PARENTS ARE CLEARLY LOOKING FOR HEALTHIER OPTIONS Factors influencing parents choice of kids snacks. Base: 937 internet users aged 23+ who have bought snacks for their child (aged 7-15).
- 8. THE FRUIT DRINKS CATEGORY AS A RESULT IS STRUGGLING Family Fruit Drinks are trending down-ward compared to healthier alternatives like Fruit Juice. If Family Fruit Drinks can reverse the decline and grow at the same rate as Family Fruit Juice over the next 2 years then its worth 35m RSV to the category. Family Fruit Drink Family +14% Kids Fruit Drinks Kids Fruit Juice Value Sales (,000) (7%)
- 9. CHOICE IS LIMITED FOR HEALTHY & AFFORDABLE JUICES However, choice is currently limited by either unhealthy and affordable or healthy and less affordable. No product offers the consumer both a healthy and affordable juice drink... UNTIL NOW! HEALTHIER LESS AFFORDABLE AFFORDABLE UNHEALTHY
- 10. HEALTH & LOWER SUGAR IS GETTING .S..ERIOUS European governments are becoming more active in consumer health and are targeting sugar and calories in new regulation. UK: traffic light system with green, amber and red designations for fat, sugar and salt content. Closely monitored by all main EU regulators with potential to roll out EU-wide, although some members have been trying to block this. UK (voluntary) France (proposed) Hungarian tax on products with high sugar, salt, and/or caffeine, includes soft drinks with added sugar, energy drinks with added sugar and caffeine, pre-packaged sweetened products, salty snacks, high salt content con-diments, soup mixes, gravy mixes and bases. France, Ireland, Finland and Denmark have introduced taxes on some sugared products (mainly such as soft drinks, some on ice cream and chocolate). The sale of sugar-sweetened drinks in schools is banned in the U.K., as is advertising them on childrens television. Why? Because obesity puts children at risk for a host of health com-plications, either during childhood or as adults, including: Type 2 diabetes Cardiovascular disease Bone and joint problems, as well as osteoarthritis Sleep apnea Heart disease and stroke Several types of cancer Asthma
- 11. WE ARE REINVENTING THE AMBIENTJUICE CATEGORY BY SUSTAINABILITY CALORIE REDUCTION YET STILL INDULGENT INCREASED PERMISSION TO CONSUME BENEFITS OF NATURAL VS ARTIFICIAL INNOVATION ADVANTAGES SUITABLE FOR DIABETICS SAFETY AND ADVOCACY COST REDUCTION
- 12. WE MAKE HEALTHY AFFORDABLE THE RIGHT WAY Appy Food & Drinks Chefs work with the latest and most innovative beverage ingredients (as well as the most healthy!) NATURAL COLOUR Appy Co only uses colours sourced from nature. NATURAL FLAVOURS Appy Co only uses natural fruit or plant flavours for beverage enhancement or mix flavour products. NATURAL SWEETENERS We help brands use Stevia as an alternative to artificial ingredi-ents. NATURAL JUICES & FRUITS All of our juice or fruit products contain components of natural fruit juice or fruit extracts.
- 13. SO HOW DO WE LOWER SUGAR IN DRINKS? Appy Drinks use of STEVIA in the kids drinks category is unique. Appy Drinks has over 2 years experi-ence in using Stevia. We adopt all elements of the stevia leaf for a more refined taste. We believe in Taste before cost! Natural, calorie-free and as sweet as sugar Better for teeth Available in Japan for over 40 years Consumed for more than 3,000 years by the South Americans 400% increase in stevia-based products between 2008 and 2012 - Mintel
- 14. STEVIA HOLDS A UNIQUE POSITION AS A ZERO CALORIE SWEETENE..R. Most consumers are aware that the sweetener stevia comes from nature, but not all may be aware that it helps to keep calories down, which will positively influence other health credentials. 6% 5% 13% 26% 26% 25% Top Two Box Natural Ingredient Impressions Among Aware Consumers (%) 84% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% Stevia Sucralose ThaumaAn Saccharin Aspartame Cyclamat Ace-K
- 15. A NEW MID CALORIE CATEGORY IS EMERGING Due to its natural origin, stevia is perceived as more indulgent by consumers across all markets. This allows trusted brands to establish it as part of a daily consumption occasion for all, awa
View more >