appleby westward group limited paris distribution: cornish store enjoy an uplift
out of 5
Post on 21-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSPAR stores taking part in a new merchandising programme instigated by Appleby Westward have already seen a positive impact on sales. One store in the Cornwall area run by Gordon and Karen Green has enjoyed an uplift in weekly sales. Before the project took place weekly sales in store were £8,677 and an uplift of 29% now see’s last week’s sales at £11,236 respectively, while Howard Toms’ store in Southsea, Portsmouth has seen a sales boost of 11% and 6.6% year on year.
- Appleby Westward Group Limited Paris Distribution http://www.swspar.com/about/newspage.php?newsid=95
- Cornish Store Enjoy an Uplift In Sales
- SPAR stores taking part in a new merchandising programme instigated by Appleby Westward have already seen a positive impact on sales. One store in the Cornwall area run by Gordon and Karen Green has enjoyed an uplift in weekly sales. Before the project took place weekly sales in store were 8,677 and an uplift of 29% now sees last weeks sales at 11,236 respectively, while Howard Toms store in Southsea, Portsmouth has seen a sales boost of 11% and 6.6% year on year. Head of Sales Vince Brown said the merchandising programme was taking part in 32 nominated stores throughout the region until the end of this year. Appleby Westward is more than simply a delivered wholesaler we are partners in growth with our retailers, he said. Our added services like merchandising are designed to help grow their businesses.
- Appleby Westward has been focussing considerable effort on space planning, regularly updating its suite of planograms to make sure its stores have the best range and opportunity in the convenience marketplace. Regional sales managers discussed the project and the benefits of implementing planograms with their stores. As a result, they nominated 32 shops where they believed significant benefits could be achieved by reviewing the amount of space allocated to products and their location on the fixtures. As well as creating extra sales, it was felt the stores would also achieve improvements to range and choice, availability, shop standards and overall customer perception, said Vince. At the same time, it would allow them the opportunity for better stock management.
- Nominated retailers are being visited by merchandising team Helen Holmes, Becky Tremain and Christina Smith, who identify the opportunity to de-list slow sellers in preparation to review the space and implement the planograms, with each shop taking three to four days to complete. The objective is for retailers to maintain the planograms on an ongoing basis and update any range reviews to maintain availability and store standards, said Vince. Merchandiser Helen Holmes was delighted with some of the initial results. We are seeing some excellent figures coming through and positive comments are coming back from many of the stores taking part, she said. Visit our site: http://www.swspar.com/
View more >
UPLIFT MIGHTY PREPARATORY - Uplift Education ?· UPLIFT MIGHTY PREPARATORY LOTTERY RESULTS – ACCEPTED…
UPLIFT WILLIAMS PREPARATORY - Uplift Education ?· UPLIFT WILLIAMS PREPARATORY ... Lopez Ordaz Katherine…
America and WWII Pacific Theater 14.2 The Early Battles (Appleby 494-496) 14.3 Japanese American Relocation (Appleby 504) 14.4 Driving Japan Back (Appleby