announcing opentext infofusion
out of 26
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONOpenText Infofusion - An Information Access Platform to Discover, Analyze, and Act on information sources throughout the organization.
- 1. AnnouncingOpenText InfoFusion
- 2. OpenText InfoFusionAn Information Access Platformto Discover, Analyze, and Acton information sourcesthroughout the organization.
- 3. ITs Challenge:Balance supportingthe business moreeffectively andreducing IT costs
- 4. But
- 5. 50% of investment inapplication developmentand support is spent justkeeping the lights on. Getting your applications fit for business http://www.cio.co.uk
- 6. Why?
- 7. IT Complexity: Mergers and acquisitions, departmentalsolutions, duplicate systems, information silos
- 8. Legacy Systems: Maintained for the content they contain
- 9. Spiraling Storage Costs: Storage budget increasingat a faster rate than IT budget
- 10. Un-integrated: Duplication and frustration whenusers are forced to become the integration layer
- 11. The result?
- 12. Massive volumes of unstructuredinformation housed in information silos atgreat cost and risk, with the promise ofuntapped value and insight.
- 13. Introducing...
- 14. Discover, Analyze andAct on informationsources throughout theorganization.
- 15. Switch off non-strategic systems to eliminate support and maintenance costs, manage the lifecycle of content, reduce vendor footprint and allow IT to be more agile and responsive.Content Migration: from one or many disparaterepositories to OpenText ECM
- 16. Save on infrastructure, support, and maintenance costs, while proving on- going, secure access to content as it is wound down through defensible disposition.Legacy Decommissioning: Migrate, enrich, andarchive structured business data from any legacysystem to OpenText ECM
- 17. Reduce costs and increase security and compliance through archiving. Further risk and cost reduction through defensible disposition combined with comprehensive search and litigation hold capabilities.Content Archiving: One-time or ongoing archive ofunmanaged content to OpenText ECM
- 18. Extract value from aging systems and improve end- user experience and efficiency through unified access to information through intuitive applications that ensure that end users do not replace Enterprise Applications with consumer applicationsContent Aggregation and Integration: Unifiedaccess to content in critical content sources such asFileNet, Documentum, SharePoint
- 19. A Single Information Access Platform! Reduced infrastructure, application overlap, and indexes while increasing consistency in search, support, and infrastructureRapid Development of EIA Applications: A robustset of APIs and a reusable widget library, plus avaried and growing list of connectors
- 20. How?
- 21. Discover: Connect to different data sources, throughthe use of search, and understand and analyze thecontent.
- 22. Analyze: Through content analytics, visualization, andreporting to provide insight, answers and the capacityto make decisions on enterprise information.
- 23. Act: Move, migrate, copy, and delete content, andchange permissions and apply litigation holds forimproved agility and governance.
- 24. Embrace a fully integrated vision of EIMwith InfoFusion a modular, standards-based platform that unifies informationfor improved governance and a smarterenterprise.
- 25. opentext.com/infofusion Learn More
View more >