Ancient Rome Study Guide
Post on 20-Oct-2015
Name________________________________________________________Date________________Period_____________World History~Unit 2: Ancient Rome~
Terms/Events ~Rome~ Definition
The Tiber River
The Lays of Ancient Rome
The Roman Republic
The Punic Wars
-1st Punic War-2nd Punic War-3rd Punic War
The Battle of CannaeThe Battle of Zama
The Roman Legion- Gladius-Cohort-Century
The Battle of Pydna
The Battle of Aqua Sextae
Caesars Invasion of Gaul
The Battle of Alesia
The Roman Empire
I have cross the Rubicon
Beware of the Ides of March
Destruction of Jerusalem 70AD
The Siege of Masada
The Great Persecution
The Roman Tetrarchy
The Battle of Adrianople
The Dark Ages
Terms Not Included Above:
Hannibal ScipioThe Gracci
Julius Caesar VercingetorixMarc Antony
Cleopatra Octavian Tiberius
Germanicus Caligula Claudius
Nero Hadrian Marcus Aurelius
Jesus Christ DiocletianCommodus
Attila Alaric IValens
1) Why did people choose to settle in the region of Rome?
2) What various people/tribes made up the Roman people?
3) Explain how Rome developed into a Republic.
4) Explain how a Republic differs from democracy.
5) How did Rome develop into an Empire?
6) What conflict ushered in the Roman Golden Age?
7) Explain how the Roman military was able to dominate Europe.
8) What problems did the Roman Republic have that led to its fall?
9) How/Why did Julius Caesar overthrow the Roman Republic?
10) What form of government did Rome adopt under Octavian?
11) What kinds of political problems emerged during the Pax Romana?
12) How did leaders like Caligula and Nero preclude Romes fall?
13) What were Romes greatest achievements?
14) How did Rome treat early Christians? Why?
15) Explain the basics of Romes economic system. What is barter?
16) What impact did Constantine have on Rome and Western Civilization?
17) Why did Constantine build Constantinople in the East?
18) Why did Rome fall? What did it mean for Western Civilization?
Questions not included above: