Ancient Greece Study Guide
Post on 20-Oct-2015
Name________________________________________________________Date________________Period_____________World History~Unit 1: Ancient Europe~
Terms/Events ~Greece~ Definition
Greco-Persian WarThe Oracle at Delphi
Greek Golden Age
The Peloponnesian War
Red FigureBlack FigureKouras
OdysseyColumn Styles: Doric, Ionic, And Corinthian
1) Why did people choose to settle in Greece?
2) What are the two leading theories pertaining to the destruction of the Minoans?
3) How did Mycenaean culture differ from that of the Minoans?
4) What is Mythology? What purposes did it serve the Ancient Greeks?
5) What are some words and symbols that western culture has taken from the Greeks?
6) How did democracy develop in Athens?
7) Why did it make them feel superior?
8) In what ways did Athens and Sparta differ?
9) What made the Greek military the greatest military in the world?
10) Why did Greece go to war against Persia?
11) Why did they prevail?
12) What did it mean for Greek culture?
13) Why did Athens and Sparta go to war with one another?
14) How did the Syracuse Campaign prove disastrous for Athens?
15) What did the Peloponnesian War do to Greece?
16) How did Phillip II of Macedon seize Greece?
17) What is the most significant contribution of Alexander the Great to western culture?
18) What lessons can our society learn from the Ancient Greeks?
Terms and Events Not Included Above: