amazing grace 1&2
Post on 23-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSermons by Mike SmithA look at some spiritual insights from the Bible and the words to the song.
- This song is very well known.
- There are many different verses written for this song.
- Let us focus on how we can worship God and be edified better when we sing this song in praise to Him.1 Cor. 14:15
3. Verse 1, Part 1
- Amazing grace! How sweet the sound! That saved a wretch like me!
- Gods grace is amazingly sweet when we perceive what its power is able to do.
- Enabled Jesus to die for us1 Jn. 4:10,19
- Causes Jesus blood to save us
- Rom. 5:9; Eph.1:7
- Can change us from wretchedness to righteousness through our Lord Jesus!
- 1 Timothy 1:14-16; 2 Cor. 5:21
4. Verse 1, Part 2
- I once was lost, but now Im found; was blind, but now I see.
- When we obey Jesus, we become saved and in Christ.Heb. 5:9; 2 Tim. 2:10; Gal. 3:27
- In sin we are spiritually lost and blind.Luke 19:10; 2 Cor. 4:4
- If we live in Christ we can see and be found by Him.Rev. 3:17-18; 1 Pet. 2:25
5. Verse 2, Part 1
- Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, And grace my fears relieved.
- Gods grace has many parts.1 Pet. 4:10
- Gods grace teaches us.Titus 2:11-12
- This grace tells us who to fear.Mt. 10:28
- His grace relieves the wrongful fears.
- 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 Jn. 4:18
- Let us, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus!2 Tim. 2:1
6. Verse 2, Part 2
- How precious did that grace appearThe hour I first believed!
- If we have tasted and seen, to us the Lord truly is gracious!1 Pet. 2:3; Ps. 119:103
- Jesus is very precious to us when we believe.1 Pet. 2:6-10
- We revel in the awe of Gods grace when we understand what it does.Rom.5:15,21
7. Enjoy Gods G-R-A-C-E It Really Is Amazing!
- You can have
- G ods
- R iches
- A t
- C hrists
- E xpense
- Hear and BelieveRomans 10:17
- Repent of sinActs 2:38
- Confess JesusActs 8:37
- Be baptized into JesusRomans 6:3-6
- Tonight, we study the last 3 verses ofAmazing Grace .
- I found them in Sacred Selections For The Church.
- As we study let us work to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him belong the glory both now and forever. Amen.2 Peter 3:18
10. Verse 3
- Thru many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; Twas grace that brot me safe thus farAnd grace will lead me home.
- We all have been through dangers and snares.2 Tim. 2:26; Jn. 8:34
- Through Jesus we can overcome them all.Phil. 4:13; 1 Cor. 15:57
- At Judgment, He will lead us home.
- Jn. 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thes. 4:16-18
11. Verse 4, Part 1
- The Lord has promised good to me, His word my hope secures;
- Gods promises are unfailing.Heb. 6:18
- He promises good to His children.
- Jer. 29:11; 1 Jn. 2:25
- His holy Word should secure our hopes.
- Heb. 11:1, 6
12. Verse 4, Part 2
- He will my shield and portion beAs long as life endures.
- He is the eternal God!Isaiah 57:15
- Like Abraham, He is MY shield and portion.Gen. 15:1; Heb. 13:5
- Our faith and resolve should be this strong.Rom. 4:10-16, 23-25
13. Verse 5
- When weve been there ten thousand years, Bright shining as the sun; Weve no less days to sing Gods praise Than when we first begun.
- Heaven is an eternal, unfading reward.
- 1 Pet. 1:3-5
- God is preparing it and us right now.
- Jn. 14:1-3; 2 Cor. 5:1-5; Heb.2:12; Rev.15:3
- We shall have no worry of needs.
- Revelation 22:14, 17
- Come to Jesus and allow His saving grace to amaze and bless you.Ephesians 2:4-10
- He does one come to Jesus?
- By hearing and believingJn. 6:45
- By repentanceActs 11:18
- By confessing JesusRom. 10:10
- Be being baptizedActs 22:16