Amazing Ancient Egyptian Inventions
out of 12
Post on 12-Aug-2015
- 1. Sure, eye makeup might not rank alongside fire or the wheel as one of the most important discoveries in human history, but it gives the Egyptians a run for longevity. Since they first invented eye makeup as far back as 4000 B.C., it's never gone out of style. They combined soot with a mineral called galena to create a black ointment known as kohl, which is still popular today. They could also create green eye makeup by combining a mineral called malachite with galena to tint the ointment.
- 2. The use of drawings to tell stories is certainly nothing new; cave paintings found in France and Spain date all the way back to 30000 B.C. The Egyptian writing system began with pictograms, the first of which date back to 6000 B.C. oday, everyone knows the Egyptians for the creation of hieroglyphics, which contained a mixture of alphabetic, syllabic symbols, as well as ideograms -- pictures that stood for whole words -- found extensively within Egyptian tombs and other places
- 3. No one will deny that the Chinese changed the world forever with the invention of paper around 140 B.C., but what many people don't know is that the Egyptians had developed an admirable substitute thousands of years earlier from the papyrus plant Its tough, fibrous interior proved ideal for making durable sheets of writing material, along with sails, sandals, mats and other necessities of ancient Egyptian life.
- 4. Many of us would be lost without a calendar to help us remember dental appointments and important meetings, but in ancient Egypt, a calendar could mean the difference between feast and famine. Without a calendar, ancient Egyptians had no way of knowing when the annual flooding of the Nile would begin.
- 5. While historians aren't entirely certain of where the plow originated, evidence suggests that the Egyptians and Sumerians were among the first societies to employ its use around 4000 B.C. Those plows certainly had room for improvement. Likely built from modified hand tools, the plows were so light and ineffective that they are now referred to as "scratch plows" for their inability to dig deep into the ground.What's more, the plows ran on nothing more than elbow grease.
- 6. https://www.linkedin.com/company/mindbox-india? https://www.facebook.com/mindboxofficial https://twitter.com/MindBoxIndia Source: http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/inventions/5-amazing-ancient-egyptian- inventions.html#age=9
View more >
Kiara Melo 5-305. -Ancient Egyptian Communication -Ancient Egyptian Food -Ancient Egyptian Leaders -Ancient Egyptian Clothing -Ancient to Modern.
Ancient Egyptian Social Stru ?· Ancient Egyptian Social Structure TOP: The ancient Egyptian goddess…
Ancient Egyptian Inventions Unit - Ram Pages | A Laing and Jill Wiedemann Ancient Egyptian Inventions Unit GRADE 2 5 days + 1 assessment Introduction: This unit is the second week in a two week long study of ...
ARCHAEOLOGICAL REFLECTIONS ON ANCIENT EGYPTIAN RELIGION ... REFLECTIONS ON ANCIENT EGYPTIAN RELIGION AND SOCIETY . ... Ancient Egyptian Religion, Egyptian Nile, ... musical instruments only” ...
The Structure of Ancient Egyptian Society - Structure on Ancient... · The Structure of Ancient Egyptian…
STUDIES OF ANCIENT EGYPTIAN FOOTWEAR. TECHNOLOGICAL ... OF ANCIENT EGYPTIAN FOOTWEAR. TECHNOLOGICAL ASPECTS. PART XV. ... Studies of Ancient Egyptian Footwear. ... ancient Egypt in
Chinese Inventions Article-2 - China Institute Inventions... · Top 20 Ancient Chinese Inventions ...…