aim to become familiar with the characters of the play. worksheet 1 worksheet 1 – part 1- explain...
out of 12
Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- AIM To become familiar with the characters of the play. WORKSHEET 1 WORKSHEET 1 PART 1- Explain that the play is version of Cinderella. They can look at the pictures of the two sisters and make sentences about them using the information in the pictures. WORKSHEET 1 PART 2- Get the children to look at the story board, which explains the first part of the play. They should match the sentences (A-C) with the pictures (1-4). ANSWER: 1) B, 2) D, 3) C, 4) A. www.bluemangotheatre.com AIM To revise knowledge of food words and understand the concept of a balanced diet. WORKSHEET 3 Get the children to colour in the fruit and vegetables, using the correct colours. (N.B some can be more than one colour). Then write the names in colour groups. ANSWER: GREEN- pepper, broccoli, pear, apple ORANGE- orange, carrot RED tomato, apple, pepper YELLOW banana. You can talk about what they think of fruit and vegetables, which are their favourites, which ones dont they like, how often do they eat them etc Now have a look at the food pyramid. Explain that food is separated into 6 groups and that the drawing is a pyramid because its good to eat lots of the food at the bottom and very little of the food at the top. Get them to fill in the correct number for each food group. ANSWER: a) 4, b) 2, c) 6, d) 1, e) 5, f) 3 SPINDERELLA SYNOPSIS & TEACHERS NOTES AIM Study of the sisters diets, learn the Give me 5 Five Song and listen to an interview between DJ Dave and Cindy. WORKSHEET 4 Get the children to have a look at what Cindy and Becky have eaten during the day. Ask them if they think the sisters have healthy or unhealthy diets, why? Talk about why it is important to have a healthy diet. What can/cant you do if you are healthy/unhealthy? In pairs, the children can make a similar chart with everything they have eaten that day. Afterwards they can decide if they think they have a healthy diet, and if not what they can do the change it. You could develop this in to a bigger project if you have time. The food pyramid suggests that we eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetables everyday. Again, if you have time you can get the children to design 5 A-Day logos and display them to encourage the school to eat more fruit and vegetables. AIM To learn The Cleaning Song. TRACK 17 - THE CLEANING SONG WORKSHEET 2 The children need to write the times correctly under the clocks. Then, you can cut up the words in APPENDIX 1 and hand out a set to each group or table. See if they can rearrange the words to form sentences which describe the housework pictures. Then listen to the song, fill in the gaps and sing-a long! TRACK 18 GIVE ME FIVE TRACK 19 CINDYS INTERVIEW TRACK 17 THE CLEANING SONG SYNOPSIS Spinderella is a modern musical version of Cinderella. Cindy lives with her sister Becky. Becky is very bossy and makes Cindy do all the housework. Cindy has always dreamed of being a famous pop star, and singing on TV. Her sister Becky is going to sing on the The Karaoke TV Show, even though she is a terrible singer. Cindy would love to go too but Becky wont let her. Just as she thinks there is no hope her fairy godfather The Karaoke King appears and, by magic she is transformed, and taken to the TV studio. It looks like her dreams might come true. On the show both sisters sing. Becky is terrible and Cindy wins the competition, then, the clock strikes 12 and the magic no longer works. Cindy has to run home. The next day there is a knock at the door. Its DJ Dave looking for the girl who won the competition. Will he find her? Will Cindy become a famous pop star?
- Slide 2
- TRACK 17 - SPINDERELLA- THE CLEANING SONG At 10 oclock I have to sweep the floor, Have to sweep, and sweep some more. At 10 oclock I have to sweep the floor, Sweep, sweep, sweep. At 12 oclock I have to dust the house Have to dust all around about At 12 oclock I have to dust the house Dust, dust, dust. Dont you wanna sing your song? Sing and sing it all night long. Dont you wanna do the funky dance? Im gonna give you a chance. To your heart you must be true. All this cleaning is not for you, Stick with me and youll go far, Youre gonna be a Karaoke star. At 2 oclock I have to clean the plates Shell be angry if Im late At 2 oclock I have to clean the plates Then I do it all over again. Dont you wanna sing your song? Sing and sing it all night long Dont you wanna do the funky dance? Im gonna give you a chance. TRACK 19 - SPINDERELLA CINDYS INTERVIEW DJ Dave So, What is your name? Cindy My name is Cindy DJ Dave Where do you come from? Cindy I come from Somerset DJ Dave How old are you? Cindy Im seventeen. DJ Dave Do you have any brothers or sisters? Cindy Um, yes, an older sister. DJ Dave And whats her name? Cindy Her name is Sonia DJ Dave Great! So, your name is Cindy, you come from Somerset, youre seventeen years old, you have an older sister and her name is Sonia. Tell me, what are your hobbies? Cindy I like swimming, singing and football TRACK 18 - SPINDERELLA GIVE ME FIVE Gotta get up, Gotta get up and do it (X4) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, oh makes me feel alive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, oh baby give me five (x2) Gotta get up, Gotta get up and do it (X4) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, oh makes me feel alive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, oh baby give me five (x2) You are a star Yes you are You are a star Yes you are, Yes you are www.bluemangotheatre.com SPINDERELLA TEACHERS NOTES & LYRICS AIM Study of the sisters diets, learn the Give me 5 Five Song and listen to an interview between DJ Dave and Cindy. WORKSHEET 4 (CONTINUED) TRACK 18 - GIVE ME FIVE Cindy has written a song about eating healthy and being active. Listen to the song and sing along. TRACK 19 - CINDYS INTERVIEW On the Karaoke TV show, DJ Dave interviews Cindy. She has to lie to some of the questions so Becky doesnt guess who she is. Listen to the interview and choose the correct answers. ANSWERS: 1) b, 2) c, 3) c, 4) d, 5) a, 6) d TRACK 18 GIVE ME FIVE TRACK 19 CINDYS INTERVIEW
- Slide 3
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SHOWS FOR BIG GROUPS A clear space of 3m x 4m. If there is a stage, the stage must be no more than 1m high. The space must be empty of furniture/children when the actors arrive. A small table. 4 x chairs (adult sized) 2 x plug sockets in the performance space for the sound and light equipment. General lighting. The actors need 1 hour to set up the lights, music and sound, and 45 minutes to set down. GUIDELINES FOR A SUCCESSFUL SHOW In order for the children to enjoy and follow the play performed in another language, we recommend the following guidelines: Ensure that the students have done at least some preparation from the Workpack, so that they know who the characters are and are familiar with the story. To avoid distraction, limit the number of times teachers or students need to enter/leave the room during the performance. The students will be asked to be quiet and listen in some moments and asked to participate in others. Please ask all teachers/monitors/parents present during the session to encourage the students to be a good audience and respect the actors. Turn off all mobile phones. No eating or drinking. SPINDERELLA- TEACHERS NOTES TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES www.bluemangotheatre.com N.B Weve included a section of the script for your reference and a poster which you can fill in and display in your school, library or cultural centre
- Slide 4
- Cindy Hello! My name is Cindy. And this is my house. Becky (Shouting from off stage) CINDY!!! Cindy And that is my older sister Becky. What time is it? Audience Nine o'clock Cindy Nine oclock? At nine oclock everyday I make a cup of tea for my sister Becky. Becky (Shouting from off stage) CINDY!!! Cindy Oh no here she comes.. Becky Oh Hello! Hello children. Hello teachers. My name is Rebecca, but you can call me Becky. I am Cindys older, more beautiful, more intelligent sister. Cindy, where is my breakfast and where are my chocolate biscuits? Cindy Becky, would you like a pear for breakfast? Becky Errrrrrrrrrr! I hate fruit. No, I want my chocolate biscuits Cindy Chocolate biscuits for breakfast, yuk. Here is your tea. Sugar? One sugar Becky Another one Cindy What? Becky Another one Cindy What? Oh another one, ok two sugars Becky Another one Cindy What? Another one? So that's three sugars Becky Another one Cindy Another one? So that's 1,2,3,4 sugars! Becky Stir Cindy What? oh stir Becky Now, blow Cindy What? oh blow Becky Yuk, it's cold! Cindy Sorry Becky What's this? Cindy's Homework Book. Yuk! What are these? Cindy They are fruit and vegetables. Becky Fruit and vegetables? Yuk, I hate fruit and vegetables, Cindy Well you're supposed to eat five fruit and vegetables everyday Becky I prefer my chocolate biscuits. What's this? Cindy It's a song Becky Oh Cindy's written a song, let's see ; SONG- GIVE ME FIVE Becky You! Clean! Tonight is the TV Karaoke Show with DJ Dave. I'm going to meet DJ Dave. I'm going to become a pop star Cindy I wish I could go to the Kareoke Party and meet DJ Dave, and become a pop star Becky You, a pop star? Oh please! Cindy, what are these things doing on the floor? www.bluemangotheatre.com SPINDERELLA- TEACHERS NOTES SCRIPT
- Slide 5
- Cindy I was just going to wash them, I promise Becky No no no it's my scarf for tonight's Karaoke show Cindy I'll wash it I promise Becky You'd better had, if not you'll be in BIG trouble. Cindy have you cleaned the plates? Cindy No Becky Have you watered the plants? Cindy No Becky Have you dusted the house? Cindy No Becky Have you made a cake? Cindy No Becky Have you done the shopping? Cindy No Becky What are you waiting for? (Cindy starts watering the plants) Becky Cindy, what are you doing? Cindy I'm watering the plants Becky No no no no, before you water the plants you make a cake. Cindy, what are you doing? Cindy I making a cake Becky No no no no, before you make a cake you dust
View more >