ahmad nazir warraich. - punjab legislative process---3.pdfآ pakistan 1973. i-the parliament ......
Post on 03-Feb-2020
Embed Size (px)
Ahmad Nazir Warraich.
Characteristics of Pakistani Constitution Themes of the Constitution.
“The basic principles and laws of a nation, state, or social group that determine the powers and duties of the government and guarantee certain rights to the people in it “.
“Federalism is the theory or advocacy of federal principles for dividing powers between member units and common institutions. Unlike in a unitary state, sovereignty in federal political orders is non- centralized, often constitutionally, between at least two levels so that units at each level have final authority and can be self governing in some issue area. Citizens thus have political obligations to, or have their rights secured by, two authorities. making bodies of member units may also participate in central decision-making bodies”.
Executive Legislative Judicial
Constitution making/ Amending. Law making
Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973.
I-The Parliament: Articles 50-69, 70-77 (Part III, Chapter 2)
II- Legislative Procedure III- Provincial Assembly: Article 106-117 (Part IV,
Chapter 2) IV- Provincial Ordinances: Article 128 V- Distribution of Legislative and executive Powers: VI- Islamic Provisions: Articles 227-231
(Part III, Chapter 2) 50. Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) 51. National Assembly 52. Duration of National Assembly 53. Speaker and Deputy Speaker of National
Assembly 54. Summoning and prorogation of Majlis-e-Shoora
55. Voting in Assembly and quorum 56. Address by President 57. Right to speak in Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) 58. Dissolution of the National Assembly 59. The Senate
61. Other provisions relating to Senate 62. Qualifications for membership of Majlis-e-
Shoora (Parliament) 63. Disqualifications for membership of Majlis-e-
Shoora (Parliament) 64. Vacation of seats 65. Oath of members
66. Privileges of members, etc 67. Rules of Procedure, etc 68. Restriction on discussion in Majlis-e-Shoora
(Parliament) 69. Courts not to inquire into proceedings of Majlis-
70. Introduction and passing of Bills 72. Procedure at joint sittings 73. Procedure with respect to Money Bill 74. Federal Government's consent required for
financial measures 75. President's assent to Bills 76. Bill not to lapse on prorogation, etc
77. Tax to be levied by law only Federal Ordinances: Articles 89 89. Power of President to promulgate Ordinances
Article 106-117 (Part IV, Chapter 2) 106. Constitution of Provincial Assemblies 107. Duration of Provincial Assembly 108. Speaker and Deputy Speaker 109. Summoning and prorogation of Provincial
Assembly 110. Right of Governor to address Provincial
Assembly 111. Right to speak in Provincial Assembly 112. Dissolution of Provincial Assembly
113. Qualifications and disqualifications for membership of Provincial Assembly
114. Restriction on discussion in Provincial Assembly 115. Provincial Government's consent required for
financial measures 116. Governor's assent to Bills 117. Bill not to lapse on prorogation, etc
Article 128 128. Power of Governor to promulgate Ordinances
Articles 97, 137, 141-144 & Fourth Schedule 97. Extent of executive authority of Federation 137. Extent of executive authority of Province 141. Extent of Federal and Provincial laws 142. Subject-matter of Federal and Provincial laws 143. Inconsistency between Federal and Provincial
Law 144. Power of Parliament to legislate for one or
more Provinces by consent
Fourth Schedule : Federal Legislative List Part I Federal Legislative List Part II.
Articles 227-231 227. Provisions relating to the Holy Qur'an and
Sunnah 228. Composition, etc. of Islamic Council 229. Reference by Parliament, etc. to Islamic
Council 230. Functions of Islamic Council 231. Rules of procedure