Advanced Floriculture Elements of Design. What are the principles of design? Composition Harmony Texture Scale (Proportion) Form (Line and Shape) Focal.
Post on 19-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Advanced Floriculture Elements of Design
- Slide 2
- What are the principles of design? Composition Harmony Texture Scale (Proportion) Form (Line and Shape) Focal Point Rhythm
- Slide 3
- Composition What is it? The overall design when completed The grouping of different components which makes a pattern that the eye sees as a whole
- Slide 4
- Harmony The blending together of different components plant material container accessories base background so that each component looks as though it belongs with the others
- Slide 5
- Texture The physical surface properties Relates to components, not design Creates interest important in monochromatic designs Examples of textures: silk (smooth) moss (rough)
- Slide 6
- Proportion (scale) Size and shape relationship of design components Rule of thumb: tallest piece should be 1 1/2 times as tall or wide as the container actual range: 1 to 5 times height Exception: when the container isnt a visible part of the design
- Slide 7
- Form (Line and Shape) Silhouette of the design Used to create certain feelings Straight lines: strength and dominance Curved lines: grace and relaxation A variety of forms (components) adds interest to the design
- Slide 8
- Form of Design Most designs fall in these categories: Vertical (bud vase) Horizontal (table centerpiece) Symmetrical triangle Asymmetrical triangle Round, oval and circular Fan and Radiating Curved, crescent and hogarth Parallel and new convention
- Slide 9
- Focal Point Visual center of gravity in a design Mechanical focal area: located near the base of the design Visual focal area: usually same as the mechanical area the heaviest area of the design naturally draws the eye
- Slide 10
- Rhythm Achieved in four ways: Repetition of color, form, scale Transition: a gradual change in placement or grouping of color, form or scale Facing: where you direct eye movement Balance
- Slide 11
- Feeling of weight, stability & security in a design Achieved in the following ways: Mechanical (actual weight distribution) Visual (the way we perceive weight) Formal (symmetrical) Informal (asymmetrical)
View more >
Floriculture Principles of Floral Design. Five Principles of Design Balance Harmony (unity) Scale (proportion) Emphasis/Focal area/Focal point Rhythm.
Design Elements and Principles. Elements of Design Point Point Line Line Form(Shape) Form(Shape) Texture Texture Color Color.
ELEMENTS OF ART (Color, Line, Shape, Form, Space, Value, Texture) and PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN (Balance, Variety, Harmony, Emphasis, Proportion, Movement,
Principles of Design. Principles of Design Proportion, Variety, Economy, Repetition, Balance, Unity Elements of Design Dot, Line, Shape, Form, Texture,
The Elements of Design In Fashion. The 7 Elements of Design Shape Line Color Focal Point Proportion Balance Texture.
ELEMENTS OF DESIGN Floral Design Mrs. Henderson. What are the elements of design? Line Form & Shape Space & Depth Texture.
Fashion Illustration. Elements and Principles of Design…a mini-review Design ELEMENTS Colour Line Shape Texture Design PRINCIPLES Balance Proportion Emphasis.
Elements and Principles of Design Elements: Line Shape Form Color Value Texture Space Principles: Balance Emphasis & Focal Point Contrast Movement Variety.
Principles of Design. The ART ELEMENTS (line, shape, color, value, texture, form and space) combine to form the PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN.
Elements & Principles of Design. The ELEMENTS of art: line, shape, form, color, value, texture and space. The PRINCIPLES of design: balance, movement,
Elements & Principles of Design. The ELEMENTS of art: line, shape, form, color, value, texture and space.
Elements & Principles of Design. Elements of Design Designers use the following Elements (parts) of Design Colour Value Line Shape Form Texture Space.
4.02 elements and principles of design.. The elements** of design are combined in different ways to form designs. Color Shape/Silhouette Line Texture.
Elements of Art -&- Principles of Design. Elements of Art Line Shape Form Space Texture Value Color.
1 Principles of Design © PDST Home Economics. 2 Remember… Harmony ELEMENTS OF DESIGN Colour Shape Line Texture Pattern TOOLS PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN Balance.
Design Unit Test Review Elements & Principles. What are the 5 Elements? Space Line Texture Form Color.
1 Elements of Design © PDST Home Economics. 2 Harmony ELEMENTS OF DESIGN Colour Shape Line Texture Pattern TOOLS PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN Balance Rhythm Emphasis.
Principles of Floral Design Topic #2111. Five Principles of Design Balance Harmony (unity) Scale (proportion) Focal area/ focal point/ focus/ emphasis.