aboa clinic presence.910
Post on 22-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Develop Your Presence oh, and by the way... Character Counts! Perry Stothart [email_address] ABOA Clinic September 11, 2 010
2. 3. Begin each day as if it were on purpose. M.A. Radmacher
- KNOWLEDGE IS POWER...
- The more knowledgeable and prepared you are, the better outcomes youll create.
- There is a direct relationship between your preparation and the results you achieve.
- Cover the basics... know the rules, mechanics, and...
- Presence the picture...
- You are in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.
- Dr. Seuss
5. We are consistently judged...
- By outward demonstrations of our inward commitment...
- Presence to the present
- attendance at clinics, games, social events
- summer camps are now an expectation to be elite
- everything is a choice -THE POWER OF EXAMPLE
- mentorship... if you want to learn, teach!
- Wherever you are, be there.
6. Presence of Passion
- Add value to yourself...
- if you want to gain something you must be willing to give something in return
- A pulse?
- Nothing great was ever achieved
- without enthusiasm.
7. Presence of Character
- Courage and Composure
- Be Accountable... No Excuses
- Actions communicate
- People are like stained glass windows.They sparkle and shine when the sun is out but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
INTEGRITY Elisabeth Kubler-Ross 8. Presence of Others
- Show respect to get respect
- Be genuinely excited about the success of others
- Give credit for success to the crew
- Dont be naive and believe you will get things you want without helping others obtain at least some of the things they desire.
- Give everyone a sense that you care about the game and the players
- Extra discipline makes up for a lack of talent and a lack of discipline quickly siphons away extra talent, thats why its frequently the most disciplined rather than the most gifted who rise to the top.Author Unknown