a tribute to sachin tendulkar
out of 28
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONQuotes about Scahin Tendulkar
- What others say about SRT the God of Cricket
- "He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also." -Waqar Younis, former Pakistan fast bowler.
- Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives." -British broadcasting corporation (BBC).
- "Sometimes, you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job." -Yasir Hameed, former Pakistan batsman, trying to explain why he dropped a catch off Sachin in a test at Rawalpindi.
- "Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it." -Hashim Amla, South African cricketer, reassuring himself when board a flight.
- "On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India!" -Peter Rebouck, Australian journalist.
- "To Sachin, the man we all want to be." -Andrew Symonds, Australian cricketer, signing a T shirt specially for Sachin.
- "Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal." -Brian Lara, West Indies batsman who holds record of highest score in cricket.
- "The number of innings of his (Tendulkar's) I have been able to sit back and watch, I think he is an amazing player. Look at his stats and records and it's quite incredible for someone to have stayed in the game for 20 years.. He has set benchmarks for guys like me to chase him and get as close as we can. If I had to last 20 years, I would probably be batting in a wheelchair!! -Ricky Ponting, Aussie batsman who once was expected to overhaul Sachin's records.
- I'll see god when I die but till then I'll see Sachin. -A banner during a match in Sharjah.
- "I have seen god. he bats at no.4 for India." -Mathew Hayden, former Australia cricketer.
- "Commit all your sins when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the lord is watching!" -A banner in UK.
- "We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin." -Mark Taylor,
- "He has been in form longer than some of our guys have been alive." -Daniel Vettori, New Zealand cricketer who began his career as a teenager.
- "The more I see of him the more confused I'm getting to which is his best knock." -ML Jaisimha, former India cricketer.
- "The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility - all make for a one-in-a-billion individual". -Glen McGrath, Aussie fast bowler who always bowled well against Sachin Tendulkar.
- There was a big party where stars from Bollywood and cricketers were invited. Suddenly, there was a big noise, all wanted to see approaching Amitabh Bachhan. Then Sachin entered the hall and Amitabh was leading the queue to get a grab of the genius!! -Shahrukh Khan, Indian actor, in an interview when asked to name the most important celebrity.
- "India me aap Prime Minister ko ek baar Katghare me khada kar sakte hain par Sachin Tendulkar par ungli nahi utha sakte". (In India, you can sue Prime Minister for once but no one can contest Sachin Tendulkar). -Navjot Singh Sidhu, former India cricketer, politician and TV personality.
- "There are two kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others." -Andy Flower, former Zimbabwe cricketer.
- "Test cricket is bloody hard work, especially when you've got Sachin batting with what looks like a three metre wide bat." -Michael Hussey, Aussie cricketer.
- I have joked before that there is a good chance that I might retire before Tendulkar." -MS Dhoni, Indian cricketer who began his career 16 years after Sachin did.
- "I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing us to breathe the same air as you do." -Shahrukh Khan, Indian actor.
- We have started calling him grandfather." -Yuvraj Singh, Sachin's team mate for over a decade.
- "To me he will not just be remembered as a great player and a lovely human being, but as somebody who tried to learn Bengali for the last 14 years but never managed to do so!" -Sourav Ganguly, former Indian captain.
- Sachin was so focused. He never looked like getting out. He was batting with single-minded devotion. It was truly remarkable. It was a lesson." -Martina Navratilova, Tennis legend, after watching Tendulkar bat at Sydney.
- When you bowl at him you are not just trying to get him out, you are trying to impress him. "I want him to walk off thinking 'that Flintoff, he's all right isn't he? I feel privileged to have played against him. Andrew Flintoff
- I saw him (Sachin) playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel. Sir Donald Bradman
- Thank you
View more >